Kids suck sometimes!

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Kids suck sometimes!

I am a little heartbroken and am struggling to refrain from going to my daughter's house and strangling her until she is blue.

Naturally I wouldn't perpetrate any physical violence upon her but I really need to vent right now and frankly am getting a little satisfaction from the fantasy.

Two and a half weeks ago my daughter, husband, two children, 1 Great Dane, and 1 Great DaneXboxer came for a visit. The Dane is Jadzia's litter mate as we bought our dogs together. Well the Danes got along famously and were very depressed when they were parted. During the visit my SIL talked about leaving the dog behind when they went home (this is not the first time that "they" have talked about getting rid of the dog). My ears perked up and told them that if they wanted to rehome the dog my hubbly and I would be happy to take her in (hubbly agreed).

Now they have seen how we are with all our animals. We are consistently engaged with our dogs and they are truly our family members. They have stated that they would not have spent the money on their Dane that I have spent on Jadzia's care which stunned me.

I held separate conversations with them and then brought them together to restate my offer (to ensure that there was no confusion about the specifics which included):

give serious consideration to rehoming
    you have 6 months to decide and then the offer is off the table
    contact me with any questions
    be sure that you are doing what is best for the dog.

Last Friday my daughter texted me to say that after serious consideration they wanted to drop the dog off on Aug 21, 2011. I was over-the-moon however I did offer my recognition of the heart breaking nature of the decision and even asked her point blank: Can I get excited now? She replied: Of course.

Well, that is exactly what I did. I made plans for the second kennel, new collars, new blankets, toys, vet visit, and meal adjustments, etc. I was even working on her new name. I was so excited I told all my friends and anyone else within earshot about the fantastic news.

Sunday night she texts me to tell me that sorry they changed their mind.ed

I was gutted. Pissed off, hurt, stunned, and completely heartbroken.

Since Sunday I have felt every emotion at least twice.

When hubbly confronted her about her cruelty she was indignant and replied that she was not being cruel to anybody. I beg to differ.

I have a list of reasons why the dog would be better off in our home but I suppose that she can't see that through her own "stuff".

Thanks for the "ear" as I don't have too many folks to bounce Dane stuff off of that truly "get it".
    sigpic

Kiizhik-LabXRotti (1999-2012) R.I.P. baby girl.
    Gimaakwe-LabX (2004-
    Deaglan-Dane (May 2008-Feb 26, 2016) RIP My Sweet Boy.
    Jadzia-Dane (2010-
    Gallagher-Irish Wolfhound (Dec 4, 2016-

Not for nothing, that pisses me off too. I have a similar story a little in reverse. When I first moved to NY to be with my BF I brought my 2 dogs. Now you need to know that I did not want either one when I got them, but being the dog lover I am, I could not just say "NO" and BOTH were my daughters dogs. so I had these 2 and fell in love with them for who and what they are. The female, we watched being born, and she slept with me in bed, the male was my best friends and she was relocating and could not take him with. Anyway, my BF would not let me keep the dogs, so I had to rehome them. I homed my female with my sister, and she said if it ever came that I could take her back, she would give her back to me. The male was placed with my daughters in laws. Time passed, and my stepdad passed, My bf said I could get my female back. My sister and I had to go to the memorial service for my stepdad and she brought my female. I was ready to take her back, and my sister thought that my mom would benefit from having her instead. It would give my mom something to do and someone to talk to, I sort of agreed. Some time later, my mom started complaining about my girl and I offered to take her back, I offered to fly her out to me and my mom would not have to worry about it. I sent my mom money to help with vet bills and food. More time passed and my mom kept telling me to get my girl. I kept trying and every time it got to where I was setting transport, my mom would change her mind...She did this so often, my BF said forget it your mom is just frustrating you. I still do not have my girl back, my mom still has her, but she no longer offers me to come and get her. There are times I miss her so much. I do understand your frustration and your confusion. Good Luck, hopefully your daughter will see that you are the better option.
    There IS Nothin Like a Dane !

Comment

I would bet your offer will be taken up shortly. It sounds like they are not just there yet, I would give it time. Sending positive vibes she is in your home soon.
      sigpic
      Myboy RIP at 2 1/2 product of BYB

Comment

She will be with you soon...they have alot of guilt going on now about not being the right home for her....I know that she will be home with you as soon as they work out that it is okay to admit you are not the right home for a certain animal....
        sigpic Shash
        Flynn always in my heart
        Artie, Piebald Tempo, Mantle
        Leo, Harlequin Ch Bella, queen

Comment

Ah, T-Max, that is rough. Sorry that you are going through this.

I hope that she sees the brightest side and places her with us. I can certainly relate to the heartbreak of the decision. I would be devastated if I had to give up one of my girls.

Fingers crossed that she comes to the honourable decision for the dog. (soon)
          sigpic

Kiizhik-LabXRotti (1999-2012) R.I.P. baby girl.
          Gimaakwe-LabX (2004-
          Deaglan-Dane (May 2008-Feb 26, 2016) RIP My Sweet Boy.
          Jadzia-Dane (2010-
          Gallagher-Irish Wolfhound (Dec 4, 2016-

Comment

I also think that she will end up giving you the dog. I agree that she just isn't at that point yet! But, the day is probably right around the corner!!
            sigpic
            Roxy & Ace

Comment

That really blows. I agree tho, just wait it out. The time is drawing near, they just weren't ready to let go yet. Oh and, it's my unprofessional opinion that 90% of people in general suck, not just kids
              sigpic
              A backyard breeder (BYB) is someone who has been deemed not a reputable breeder.

A "Responsible Breeder" supports their buyers, supports their own dogs, and supports the lives of any fututre puppies by having (and keeping up with) all the appropriate health testing suggested by the GDCA.

Comment

Originally posted by BigLittleSmall View Post
                That really blows. I agree tho, just wait it out. The time is drawing near, they just weren't ready to let go yet. Oh and, it's my unprofessional opinion that 90% of people in general suck, not just kids
                I'm with you

Comment

Working...
                X