Diesels 2nd Physical Therapy Session

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Diesels 2nd Physical Therapy Session

The PT tech was really impressed with Diesel today. He did great in the aquatic treadmill, they upped the speed and he was pacing with his feet correctly so she felt he really has hope and has shown improvement since his first time. Today we did PT with a wobbly board and he had great with keeping his back legs firm .I still don't like when then do the electric stimulation but I know he needs it, he handles it better than I do. It is really amazing what PT does to improve his mobility. Tonight he is not nearly as tired as he was last Thursday and still had energy to work with his new trainer!
    sigpic
    Buster

RIP Jack Diesel Caliber and Bubbles. Mommy misses you guys every day!

Have you ever felt the electrical stimulation yourself? It doesn't hurt, I promise! I did it to myself for my own therapy for a long time! I also do it to my patients It is tingles and some of my patients say it feels like bugs crawling on their sking (yuck! I am glad it didn't feel like that to me!) but it honestly doesn't hurt. Please don't feel bad about using it as part of his therapy, it is an amazing modality that can really bring him a long way

Em
    sigpic
    Emily
    Jazz - GD rescued at 5 months (september 27th, 2009)
    Blues - GD rescued at ? grew through 2012 (July 29, 2011)
    Preston - 8 y/o "grumpy old man" yorkie mix

bluesfightscancer.com

Comment

I agree, didnt hurt me at all, just tingles.
      Glad hes.making improvements!
      sigpic
      Crystal
      Owned by:
      Dexter 8 year old GD, CGC
      CH xxx's Top Gear AKA Studebaker (Baker) 4 years
      Bagel 19 yr old Maine Coon
      Lox 11 yr old Russian Blue mix

Comment

So glad the PT is helping him! Hope he continues to improve.
        sigpic Brenda
        RIP Gibson 9/06 - 8/11
        Presley 8/96 - 11/06

Comment

I had electric stim done as well and it felt great....kind of like waves of warm water.

So glad he is doing well

Comment

Glad to hear that he is responding to his therapies. Keep up the good work!
            sigpic
            Lori, Desi & Grimm
            RIP my beloved Murray 5/17/07-09/13/12
            Join Boise Danes ... https://www.facebook.com/#!/group.ph...66337846714730
            Proud to be a Boise State Bronco!

Comment

Great news. You are such a wonderful owner Thanks for the updates.

~Reich (CGC) 12/21/09 - 1/26/12~
              ~Behr 4/22/11 - 3/28/14~

~Buhl 2/09/10~
              <3 My heart breaks for my lost Dane babies <3

Comment

Glad he is doing well- those water treadmills are really great for working on correcting gait. The E-stim will also be really good for him. I have both done it and had it done on myself ( on a groin tear from a fall off a horse) and it was more of a tingle feeling and not pain.
                So happy he is doing better!

Comment

I am so glad he is getting the help he need. Thank for the update.

Comment

Working...
                  X