Diatomaceous Earth?

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Diatomaceous Earth?

Does anyone give this to their dogs or take it themselves? I heard it will control worms and fleas and ticks along with many other things. We just started using it ourselves and wanted to see if anyone else has or gave it to their pets?
    sigpic

DE

I've only given it when I had dogs with tapeworms. I have some but haven't used it on the dogs in several years. I recently wormed my cat with it.

Comment

Yep, I feed it to the horses, cats (when the picky things will let me), dogs, humans....everybody.

The only thingI found was that I (and everybody else) need to take a break from it from time to time as it will will really stiffen up the ... ah...err....poop. So to keep things balanced I feed one month on and one month off.
      sigpic

Kiizhik-LabXRotti (1999-2012) R.I.P. baby girl.
      Gimaakwe-LabX (2004-
      Deaglan-Dane (May 2008-Feb 26, 2016) RIP My Sweet Boy.
      Jadzia-Dane (2010-
      Gallagher-Irish Wolfhound (Dec 4, 2016-

Comment

I tried it to worm a litter of pups, gave it starting at weaning and by 7 weeks they still had worms! I wont rely on it again :-( I also give it to my livestock but I dont think it does anything besides lower the numbers but not totally eliminate. So I would not use it to get rid of a issue just as prevention or to lower numbers. I was using human grade from a reliable source.
        Old Mission Great Danes
        www.OldMissionDanes.com
        Member: GDCA & Great Dane Club of Michigan

Comment

We use it for the cats and for Cas. They've all been dewormed by the vets and shots and stuff but we give it to them every so often.
          We also use it to kill bedbugs (or well as a preventitive against the buggers) and cockroachs. We sprinkle it around the cats food so they'll stay away and throw it into corners and stuff. I've yet to find a roach in the cats water dish (though I did find one floating belly up in one of Cas's dishes. He's got one in the bathroom and one in the kitchen, incase he needs a drink and someone's on the can. Not a plesent thing to have Dane face, then butt then drooly face in your lap when your trying to have a pee!)

Comment

Um, not to be dumb (I have no idea what this stuff is) but why would a person take it? For fleas and ticks and worms? Really? Surely it has a different use in humans?
            sigpic"Outside of a dog, a book is a man's best friend. Inside of a dog it's to dark to read" -Groucho Marx

Comment

DE

For the same reason you give it to animals. To worm yourself.

Comment

Look it up and read about it, theres all kinds of stuff it claims to do for humans and animals, I know a few people that said it lowered their cholesterol and blood pressure and helped with their arthritis.
                sigpic

Comment

I use diatomacious earth around the perimeter of my house and buildings...kills ants and other pests but not harmful to the dogs...
                  sigpic Shash
                  Flynn always in my heart
                  Artie, Piebald Tempo, Mantle
                  Leo, Harlequin Ch Bella, queen

Comment

I and my family have used it on us, but I never thought of using it on the pets. I will have to look into it..Thanks!
                    There IS Nothin Like a Dane !

Comment

Originally posted by T-Max View Post
                      I and my family have used it on us, but I never thought of using it on the pets. I will have to look into it..Thanks!
                      Just curious, what do you use it on yourself for? I've heard of people using it for themselves but never knew what for.
                      Last edited by daneowned; 08-13-2011, 09:23 AM.
                      sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by daneowned View Post
                        Just curious, what do you use it on yourself for? I've heard of people using it for themselves but never knew what for.
                        It gets rid of internal (intestinal) parasites. Most every human carries parasites. People that eat their meat cooked any other way than very well done, people that work on farms with farm animals, whether it is whelping, milking. Poeple that whelp puppies or any animals really, people that change baby diapers. people that pick up animal waste, or clean litter boxes. So basically everyone. Yes, my family passed parasites when we took it. I know YUCK!!...really made me change the way I ate food, and more paranoid about washing my hands after EVERY activity.
                        Before I started taking it, I asked the professional why the parasites never showed up in tests like xrays or MRI's and they said it is because the parasites did not have bones that would show up in those tests...YUCK!!!
                        So it was a positive thing for us.

Comment

Can anyone recommend where to purchase this product that is not online? Thanks.

~Reich (CGC) 12/21/09 - 1/26/12~
                          ~Behr 4/22/11 - 3/28/14~

~Buhl 2/09/10~
                          <3 My heart breaks for my lost Dane babies <3

Comment

Originally posted by intensgrl View Post
                            Can anyone recommend where to purchase this product that is not online? Thanks.
                            any health food or holistic store in your area. Do not use GNC or any pharmacy type stores rite aide walgreens etc. The stuff they sell has alot of preservatives and fillers. The holistic and healthfood stores have all natural items.

Comment

I buy it at my local feedstore
                              sigpic

Comment

Working...
                              X