No announcement yet.

It happened...I got dragged

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Our first yellow lab was...um well Marley. Absolute holy terror, hillarious and sweetest dog but a total and complete one dog wrecking crew. I had just clipped on his leash and was getting ready to take him for a walk, I opened the sliding patio door...and WHAMO squirrel! He pulled me through (well into I guess) the sliding glass door, it fell off the tracks and landed on my head. I have a little bald spot on the tip top of my head where the hair never grew back after the stiches came out. Nutty dog!
    sigpic"Outside of a dog, a book is a man's best friend. Inside of a dog it's to dark to read" -Groucho Marx

Comment

Originally posted by danelover1 View Post
      My Adrenalin was pumping so hard .... I couldn't remember the new name I gave her .
      OMG to funny!! I could totaly see that happening!

I personaly have never been drug anywhere.... BUT I did get the pleasure of watching my dads super oversized nut job of a yellow lab drag my X step mom down the sidewalk!

My dad doesnt know the first thing about training dogs~ he is the 'get a dog and just expect it to know the rules and all commands' Well, Max didnt walk anywhere, he was always running. The only thing that dog did well was play fetch.. seriously.

Anyways.. Max was not leash trained, so my dad got a halti. He puts it on and just expects Max to all of a sudden.. like magic.. walk nicely on a leash in heel position .. So we start out on our walk and what do ya know.. Max isnt pulling that hard and then stops to potty... My dad hands the leash to my X step mom ~ or Dragon Lady as we called her~ and he picked up the ... At that same instant.. Max spotted something and BOOM! He was gone... and so was Jody!!! I dont know exactly how far he dragged her, but it seemed like 30ft or more at the time! LOL I have never laughed so hard in my entire life... except when she lit her hair on fire from her own ciggarette (sp) but thats for another forum
      ~*Hailey*~
      sigpic
      Sway 4/21/10 - 11/26/13
      "Our hearts still ache in sadness, And secret tears still flow, What it meant to lose you, No one will ever know."

Comment

I was taking my dog to a specialty vet a long ways away. I was walking her around to potty before taking her in. Suddenly, I was flying forward. I landed on my front. I scraped my face, chipped a tooth, scraped my arm and chest. Luckily some vet techs saw it happened and caught my dog. She had taken off after a rabbit. I didn't even see it. That was something I had never worked with her on.

Comment

I have not been dragged but i have been tackled and had my shoulder pulled out of socket . I swear i believe these dogs could play in the NFL as linebackers Some play the game better than the pro's do.

Comment

Oh - you are most definately not alone. After nearly 20 years of owning Danes - my lovely Emma managed to pull me off my feet!!!

We were at an outdoor cafe with her breeder & littermates and their owners. Emma spotted a kid with an ice cream cone within leaping range - and she leapt! I was standing with one knee resting on a bench - facing the other way - so when I tried to get my other foot under me - my foot landed in the side vs flat - and I sprained it pretty badly. In the mean time I ended up on my knees drug a coupls of feet before Emma regained her manners and came back:-)
            sigpicNikol Marsh & Glory, Emma, Tycho & Bronte
            Dantrydane's GloryB Gallantree
            Am/Int CH Perlwin's MBN Original Emma V EIO, RN, TT, CGC, TDI
            Int CH Blue Moon's For Game and Glory, CGC, TDI
            Sasdania's Poetry In Motion, RN, CGC

Comment

Originally posted by my3bbdanes View Post
              Oh - you are most definately not alone. After nearly 20 years of owning Danes - my lovely Emma managed to pull me off my feet!!!

We were at an outdoor cafe with her breeder & littermates and their owners. Emma spotted a kid with an ice cream cone within leaping range - and she leapt! I was standing with one knee resting on a bench - facing the other way - so when I tried to get my other foot under me - my foot landed in the side vs flat - and I sprained it pretty badly. In the mean time I ended up on my knees drug a coupls of feet before Emma regained her manners and came back:-)
              outch !!!!!!!!!!!
              sigpic

Comment

Working...
              X