It happened...I got dragged

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• It happened...I got dragged

I was actually dragged by Xena. I was sitting talking to a neighbor, she went for something and pulled me down off my seat BACKWARDS and dragged me on my back across the grass courtyard!! It was so embarrassing and i felt so out of control! oy.

we use the gentle leader right now but i was too lazy to put it on for this particular outing. silly me.

grass stains and a sore behind later she stopped at her target (a neighbor dog) and i was able to get to my feet.

i felt like that commercial where some dog is dragging the owner on the leash to get to something....whatever commercial that is

have any of you been dragged too? or am i the only loser who was caught off guard and flatened out. lol
    sigpic
    xena and her dane friend duchess
    Heather
    and Xena the Warrior Dane
    find us on FB
    http://www.facebook.com/XenaWarriorDane
    http://www.facebook.com/pages/Xena-t...51824241520044

When I got bernie (my saint) he was 1 and had absolutely no leash training at all. One morning while brushing him on the front lawn I was stupid and wrapped the leash around my hand and I guess bernie saw a cat cuz that's the only thing I can think of that would make him take off like that. Anways he took off and bernie is not small for a saint he had very long powerfull legs. He pulled me up and over a 2.5 ft wall (like those small wall lie things that seperate your neighbors property from yours) I got scrapes all over he only stopped once I hit the tree and I was able to hold on and over power him. This dragging incident only took like 3 seconds of my life hahaha but it seemed like it went on forever. He drug me like id say 15-20 feet Haha not like in the beethoven movies where he drags the table and the people down the street. Haha I never wrap the leash around my hand anymore. Learned the hard way.
    sigpic Little boy!

Comment

Oh not good, my daughter and her friend took the dogs for a walk one day. Megan had Maynard and her friend had Brandi. Megan NEVER walks the dogs so she didn't know to put either the choke collars or Gentle Leader on them. Instead she took them on their 6 foot leashes and flat buckle collars. Maynard was pulling her so she wrapped the leash around her wrist and arm. They walked by this one yard and this big GSD charged his fence. Maynard was startled and went into protection mode and went to go after the dog and dragged Megan to the ground. She hyper extended her shoulder and elbow, broke a bone in her hand, and broke both her ring and pinky finger. She hasn't walked the dogs since.

Comment

I was drug across a wood/asphalt bridge when I was about 13 because my older brother (16) thought it was funny to stand 40 yards from me and SCREAM his name. The dog was totally his dog so he could have whispered his name from 100 yards and we would have cam over. He got him all hyper then ran and screamed so I went flying. He was lucky I had on jeans because my dad would have kicked my brothers ass for that stunt... Anyways... he also drug my dad or mom I can't remember in a pet store to get to the open treat bin... that was REALLY funny. LOL
        sigpic

Comment

My first ever dog was a great dane lab mix, an untrained six month old rescue. We took him to his first training class and they had hard floors with these black mats for the dogs to walk on to save the floors. My dad goes to sign the forms on the first class and hands me the leash to hold (I was about 13 at the time). The mats were not taped down and Frankie was not on the mat. So Frankie took me and the mat for a trip across the room to see a standard poodle.

I still remember to this day how the instructor dealt with it. It was an accident but she wouldn't let me work with the dog in class after that and chewed me out in front of everyone.
          I've got a cute butt!! Leif at four months.
          sigpic
          Jamie, Ava, and Leif

Comment

When my Dane was about a year old, we were coming back from a fairly long walk and I wasn't paying enough attention to what was around us... Low and behold... a squirrel! They were the one creature she felt she always needed to chase. So off she went! The sidewalk had wet leaves and when she pulled the leash, my feet slipped and I landed flat on my back on the sidewalk. I could hardly move or breath and all I could think about was I hope my brother doesnt drive by and see me flat on my back! He wouldn't have been able to control his laughter!

It was funny but I felt like a dork on the middle of the sidewalk in a very populated area. Moments later, she walked back to me and it was like "why are you laying down, mom, shouldn't we nap at home?". We hobbled home then. I always kept my eyes open for squirrels after that.
            Mary
            Eve, sweet couch potato DA GD, 2009-
            Louie, rescue cat, 2011-
            Jazz, sweet, loving GD, 2008-2010
            Max, BYB GD, 2000-2007
            Gabby, rescue Lab, 1998-2008
            Dusty, rescue sheltie mix, 1980-1992

Comment

Hahahaha, it happens. I always walk Scarlett on a Halti because she is reactive but one day her Halti was irritating her face so I clipped her leash onto her collar and she was fine on the walk. We went off to the side at one point and she was rolling around in the grass. A couple came walking by and I didn't think she would notice them but then the guy yells out NICE DOG!!!! and Scarlett started barking and pulling towards him. I was on the wet grass in my rain boots and on a slight hill so I couldn't get traction. She was also clipped around my waist, not that I wouldn't have held on for dear life if she wasn't!!! My only option was to fall on my ass and it worked!! Embarrassing, but I'm just glad she didn't pull me any further than she did.
              Katie & Scarlett
              sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by Meatos View Post
                Hahahaha, it happens. I always walk Scarlett on a Halti because she is reactive but one day her Halti was irritating her face so I clipped her leash onto her collar and she was fine on the walk. We went off to the side at one point and she was rolling around in the grass. A couple came walking by and I didn't think she would notice them but then the guy yells out NICE DOG!!!! and Scarlett started barking and pulling towards him. I was on the wet grass in my rain boots and on a slight hill so I couldn't get traction. She was also clipped around my waist, not that I wouldn't have held on for dear life if she wasn't!!! My only option was to fall on my ass and it worked!! Embarrassing, but I'm just glad she didn't pull me any further than she did.
                Hahahaha!!! Im sorry but the image I got from this made me laugh! Scarlet probably looked back at you and was like "mom why you sitting down?! Come on let's go get em!"
                sigpic Little boy!

Comment

She hyper extended her shoulder and elbow, broke a bone in her hand, and broke both her ring and pinky finger.
                  OUCH!

well good to know im not alone!

a few of these made me laugh out loud.

lacey, going over the retaining wall by bernie- i could so picture that. and having just watched beethoven recently that scene of the lawn chairs was fresh in my mind
                  sigpic
                  xena and her dane friend duchess
                  Heather
                  and Xena the Warrior Dane
                  find us on FB
                  http://www.facebook.com/XenaWarriorDane
                  http://www.facebook.com/pages/Xena-t...51824241520044

Comment

Well, I am not sure if I should tell anybody this story , but looking back it was funny...
                    About five years ago I got my first Dane ( 2 at the time ) and had the bright idea to go roller blading with her. I had her for about two weeks and had just changed her name. Mind you I did not roller blade for three years .... Anyhow we are at a park with a sidewalk all the way around it. Star had a great time running and I got back into the grove of blading. After a little while I ask her to stop but she sees a bunny and off we were.......Well, more like me being rolled away by her. All the bystanders had a great show until they realized that I was in serious trouble. In a desperate attempt I threw myself onto the grass which made her drag me further in the grass but finally stopped. My Adrenalin was pumping so hard .... I couldn't remember the new name I gave her .
                    sigpic

Comment

Oh yeah, these are cracking me up (glad everyone was ok!!). It was snowing outside so I had the dogs long leads around my wrist so I could wear my thick winter gloves and still be outside with the dogs. Well, I have no idea what they see, but off they went, one attached to each arm. All I could do was relax. I knew if I was tense they would rip my arms off!!!! So I went for a nice little ride across the snow. My husband and his shipmate were freaking out screaming at me as I was laughing my butt off because the dogs were all in my face like "wth are you doing down there!". Then we go inside and my husband about pee'd his pants because all of my pockets were full of snow.

Well you think we would learn right?? NO. About a month later we are at the giant baseball field by our old house and Zeus is off leash because he's always been able to be trusted and Apollo was on his lead. We are headed home but Apollo sees Zeus running around and took off, pulling a friend of ours over a 6 foot high snow drift. It was comical. He also had the lead around his wrist and under a glove!
                      sigpic
                      Shaun-4, Kairos (SDiT) at 13 weeks, Cole-6, and Zeus (CGC, PAT, TDI) 2yrs

Comment

Zeus has never dragged me, but my old roommate's Dane did. Duke was 190 lbs. of pure, hyper, not-well-trained muscle. Back then, I was 105 lbs. on a 5'8" body. My then boyfriend but now ex-husband and I took Duke for a walk around the subdivision. I was holding the leash (just a regular collar and leash). John thought it would be funny to make Duke run. I kept up for a few steps, but my lightweight self was no match for Duke and down I went.

I hit my chin on the pavement when I first went down. He dragged me on my belly for a few feet and then somehow I turned onto my side. Finally, after what seemed like eternity, John realized that I was down and stopped running. I had some nice road rash on my stomach, side, thighs, and knees and a scrape on my chin.

Duke is the Dane that broke my toe too, but that was a separate incident!
                        sigpic
                        RIP my sweet Zeus Boy. I'll always love you. 08/28/01 - 08/23/11
                        Levi...born June 29th, 2011
                        Stella...Gotcha Day May 19th, 2013 (born February 26, 2012)
                        Levi and Stella's Facebook page:
                        https://www.facebook.com/LeviAndStella?ref=hl

Comment

Its scary when you are truly being dragged. Luckily, Ivy has never done it to me. We had a mastiff where I used to work who decided he did NOT like the blowers....he took three of us and the table for a ride....seriously powerful dog. I also was drug by a hyper brittany when I was around 11. He was my friends dog and sadly was pretty much crated all the time. I felt awful for him and decided he needed a walk. We were walking down hill when he saw another dog and went beserk. Somehow the leash wrapped around my neck and I ended up on my back being drug down the hill for a bit. Luckily he was a small enough dog that I was able to get control back relatively quickly, but it was scary for sure!

Comment

Before I got Kimba I joined a meetup group and got dragged across the sand at the beach holding several leashes while their owners fed the parking meters. Apparenlty someone left out some donuts and they got a whiff of them. I didn't fall down but more like skiing across the sand. Only casualty was the donuts.

Comment

My mom's new bike, leash wrapped around wrist clipped to good sized lab, squirrel- me OVER the handle bars into a ditch- dog wrapped around tree . Mr Hot potato pulls his car over -saved me helped me up, had to help me find my glasses (ya know the huge plastic pink rimmed ones) he was wearing big 80's neon shirt I thought was sooo hot. Then he bent my handlebars back in place and said "there ya good little girl take the doggie home now, oh and you'll need a tissue" ewwww, I wiped a ucky on my sleeve...... uck.
                              sigpic
                              Myboy RIP at 2 1/2 product of BYB

Comment

Working...
                              X