He is NOT a lab.

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• He is NOT a lab.

Ok I get my dog is all black with floppy ears and "small". He is still only a puppy! No he is not a lab. We were out today and EVERYONE asked if he was a lab. I really loved the guy who questioned me knowing what breed my own dog is.

Anyone else get this ever...

Btw people must be idiots because my friends full grown Boston terriers are mini boxers to everyone today...

Excuse my typos but I am on my cell.
    sigpic

While I don't get it so much anymore...............when Gunther was a pup we got pit bull mix all the time b/c you know only pit bulls come in that color.
    sigpic

Chris, mom to: Keiko--husky/shep mix (RIP), Gunther--great dane, Nigel and Posey--rat terriers, Pasta--cockatiel, Louigi--peach fronted conure, Hamlet--blue crowned conure

Comment

Hamlet is black with a white chest and white dipped toes, and just about everyone thinks he is a lab... I don't ever correct them, my daughter, Kait, does though. She is like he is a Great Dane, if he were a lab he wouldn't be this big at 4 months! She is 12 and gets exasperated easily...

Comment

My dog is 36" and a weighty 160 pounds of all dane, with floppy ears and a black coat. Everyone thinks he is a lab or a lab mix. I don't even bother correcting people anymore. You will hear these comments no matter how big your dane gets... sorry to say.

~Reich (CGC) 12/21/09 - 1/26/12~
        ~Behr 4/22/11 - 3/28/14~

~Buhl 2/09/10~
        <3 My heart breaks for my lost Dane babies <3

Comment

Yes, well my blue is always a weimeriner (sp)! LOL And when I tell them that it is a great dane and he is only 6 months old, then they ask "Are you sure?"

Well, I am pretty sure he is a great dane, but if he is a weim. then I want my money back because he is way to big to be a 6 month old weim.!!!!
          Elizabeth, Oh how life changes with a Great Dane in the family!
          sigpic

Comment

We got pitbull all the time when cas was a pup because didnt you know? Only pitbulls have pink noses, and NO OTHER DOG BREEDS!
            When we were looking for a new apartment, we told one guy and showed him a picture of Cas. He's like "....are you sure? I mean I thought only Pitbulls came in that colour....I'm going to have to look this up." *headdesk*

Comment

Can't fix stupid.

I am always so tempted to say, "How long have you been in the dogshow business?" but they'd be confused, and it would go right over their heads.

The line I just might try - cuz I've been told so much lately, "Oh, I used to have a 160 lb female Dane" - is "Oh no, why did you let her get so overweight?"

But I like the way my face looks!
              sigpicTexas... my first dane!

Comment

Yep, Finnegan was a black lab until he was obviously too tall to be a black lab. When he was a puppy, they'd look at his feet and tell me that he was going to grow up to be a big dog. Yeah.
                sigpic

Willow says: Can I have my apple, please?

Comment

Originally posted by sticksnstring View Post
                  Yep, Finnegan was a black lab until he was obviously too tall to be a black lab. When he was a puppy, they'd look at his feet and tell me that he was going to grow up to be a big dog. Yeah.
                  that one gets to me! "Look at his paws he's going to be HUGE!" or "That's one big dog!" or the shocked "He's only 7 months!?!"
                  Yes I know he's going to be big. Yes I know he IS big, and yes he's only 7 months. He's a great dane people!!

I feel so sorry for this guy who comes to our park sometimes. He just got an 8 week old dane pup. I was trying to prepare him as best I could. His pup is this adorable little fawn baby, I just wanted to squish him all up! I remember when cas was that tiny.....

Comment

I don't get the lab comments...because I have a lab and she is usually with the Dane Haha instant visual comparision, she can walk UNDER Scooby so people can see he's a tad bigger. What ya'll need to do is get a lab so people can see your dane is a smidge bigger
                    sigpic"Outside of a dog, a book is a man's best friend. Inside of a dog it's to dark to read" -Groucho Marx

Comment

LOVE all the stupid comments...sigh. The fawn I had before used to get Marmaduke'd all the time when we were out. Now with my merle I get "Is that a Dalmation" "Greyhound" and "Weimeraner" "Mix". Mostly nobody believes he is a Dane because they just don't come in that color, don't ya know.

One little boy told me the other day, "wow your dog (my 4 month old pup) is sooooo old - look at all his gray hair". Okay, that comment was cute....
                      sigpicKelly and Cosmo.

Comment

I have my friends kid trained to say he is dane not lab duh LOL HAHAH Love the words from kids.

I said the he will be huge because he is great dane not a lab. LOL
                        sigpic

Comment

My Molly is 4 months and black and sometimes i do get the oh cute lab. Might not help that i also have a 6 year old female black lab and people just figure there the same, but im quick to point out already taller then the lab and her thunder paws shes got. Oh and not to mention besides color SHE LOOKS NOTHING LIKE A LAB. Oh well

Comment

Originally posted by Cas View Post
                            that one gets to me! "Look at his paws he's going to be HUGE!" or "That's one big dog!" or the shocked "He's only 7 months!?!"
                            Yes I know he's going to be big. Yes I know he IS big, and yes he's only 7 months. He's a great dane people!!
                            I personally liked it when people gushed over Lucy's size when she was a puppy. That is part of her "mystic" and a big (pardon the pun) part of what makes her her. Although, one time I was having her sit/stay for a couple people that wanted to take her picture and a bird pooped on her head.

I never have a problem with people piling on attention. Fortunately, most of my experiences have been people just inquiring about what type of dog she is; Although I had one little boy ask me if she was a greyhound. I'm not sure if he meant the bus line or the dog...
                            sigpic

Comment

Well Monty is, most likely, a pit mix. He is still quite large and was a little over 80lbs at 7 months old before he got sick. People LOVE to point out that he is a mix. They will ask me what kind of dog he is and when I tell them they say "I knew he wasn't a REAL Great Dane because he's so little.".....I don't think an 80lb dog is little first of all, especially when they are walking their little yorkie or Maltese. And secondly it really frustrates me when people act like he isn't good enough because he isn't a purebred Dane. Or when they tell me he doesn't look like he has Dane in him at all. I personally see quite a bit in him....but whatever.
                              sigpic

Comment

Working...
                              X