World's Messiest Eater

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• World's Messiest Eater

I think Gunner is quiet possibly the world's messiest eater. Every time he eats it ends up all over the floor, in his water and pieces keep falling out of his lips as he walks through the house. I might as well follow him around with a broom and vacuum cleaner . Are all Danes like this?

Here is a picture of what our laundry room looks like after Gunner has eaten a meal.

Hahahaha Scarlett's boyfriend Hank is the exact same. When we're visiting with them, Scarlett walks around their kitchen and hoovers it all. You can guess how much she loves visiting Hank!
    Katie & Scarlett
    sigpic

Comment

my 2 are like this. My male has large jowels and the food falls out before he can chew and swallow or he gets too much in and it falls out as he opens to chew..eeewwww...slimey too!!..my female has a small mouth, but some falls out as well. it falls on the floor and yes in the water dish. If I have to fill their water dish before their food dish is empty I will fish out any of the kibble that has not been to water logged and put it back in their food dish. yuck!!!...and my floor feels like it has pea gravel on it around the dog feeder. Sometimes the dogs will track it to other rooms or peoples shoes or bare feet...yuck!!
      I definitely sympathize with you!!!!...my 2 will however go behind themselves and clean up if I am too slow to get their bowl filled again!!..that helps...lol
      There IS Nothin Like a Dane !

Comment

Ghosty is pretty messy, but he usually cleans up all the he has dropped when his bowl is empty. He will sometimes shake his head a while after he has eaten and pieces fly out!!

Sent from my PC36100 using Tapatalk
        sigpic

Comment

One of my danes actually stuck her paw in the dish so the kibble would fly out and then she ate it off the floor. It was pretty funny and it did take some time to get her to stop taking this kind of action but, yes, she was messy.
          Mary
          Eve, sweet couch potato DA GD, 2009-
          Louie, rescue cat, 2011-
          Jazz, sweet, loving GD, 2008-2010
          Max, BYB GD, 2000-2007
          Gabby, rescue Lab, 1998-2008
          Dusty, rescue sheltie mix, 1980-1992

Comment

Hahaha.. I thought Harper was bad because she prefers to spit it on the floor before eating but.. she never leaves a mess!

Cute!
            sigpic

Comment

Freja was the neatest eater. If she drop a bite she would stop and look for it before going on with her meal. She even would clean up after Thor.

Comment

Cinder is horrible,yes her area looks just like that. But she leaves her mess she would not eat off the ground she is too good for that.
                sigpic

Comment

Get another dog. My lab and terriers clean it up.
                  --Vickie--
                  sigpic

Deacon - Harl born 2-10-09
                  Noodle - Black born 7-4-09

Comment

Since he's raw fed, Cas's mess is usually contained to his crate. And his food is usually frozen so we dont worry about it! But i'm sure he'd be a messy eater if he could be!

Comment

Originally posted by 13frajja View Post
                      Freja was the neatest eater. If she drop a bite she would stop and look for it before going on with her meal.
                      this is exactly what xena did when she ate kibble.

i was so shocked to see the kibble mess in that pic cuz i never experienced that
                      sigpic
                      xena and her dane friend duchess
                      Heather
                      and Xena the Warrior Dane
                      find us on FB
                      http://www.facebook.com/XenaWarriorDane
                      http://www.facebook.com/pages/Xena-t...51824241520044

Comment

Originally posted by Diamond T Farm View Post
                        Get another dog. My lab and terriers clean it up.

HAHHA Exactly! Belle is the official 5 second rule enforcer in our house, as eating everything within tongue reach is her personal motto in life, like every other Lab LOL
                        sigpic"Outside of a dog, a book is a man's best friend. Inside of a dog it's to dark to read" -Groucho Marx

Comment

Haha! I dog-sat a dog like that once. He'd take a big mouthful of food and half of it would drop on the ground. He'd never go back for it, so his 3 c. meals ended up being closer to 1.5-2 c. Brembo is a total kibble fiend and she loved swooping in and cleaning up after him.

I have a friend whose dog has to take everything out of her bowl, drop it on the floor, and then pick it up and eat it. She never misses a piece though.
                          sigpic
                          Brembo, Puffin, & Rahime

"He is your friend, your partner, your defender, your dog.
                          You are his life, his love, his leader. He will be yours, faithful and true, to the last beat of his heart.
                          You owe it to him to be worthy of such devotion." - Unknown

Comment

Cosmo is an awfully messy eater too. The OP describes him perfectly. I am so sick of stepping on kibble throughout my house. He NEVER goes back and cleans up after himself either! (typical male)
                            sigpicKelly and Cosmo.

Comment

Working...
                            X