Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

What the stupidest thing someone did to you/your Dane while out?

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

[QUOTE=Snacktress;695758]So far the worst we have gotten is a guy at the dog park who fed his (cooled down) Starbucks coffee to Juno. I had turned my back for a minute and when I turned back around he was pouring coffee into her mouth! I said "Um, thanks but what the hell are you doing?" I have no idea if coffee is harmful to dogs but what would possess someone to even do this? It's obviously not going to do her any real good. Stupid idiot.

Depending on what he had in his coffee it could have hurt him. If he uses artificial sweetener in his coffee its highly poisonous to dogs.
    While walking Maynard on McGuire AFB I had one of the airmen come up to me and ask if he could pet Maynard. Said that he had a Great Dane and home and missed him terribly. Naturally I said sure go ahead. The man got down on his hands and knees in front of Maynard and proceeded to put him in a head lock and pull him to the ground trying to wrestle with him. I about had a heart attack! I yelled at him to get off of him like that, he's never played with rough like that.
    At my nieces softball game I was sitting on the bottom bench watching the game and Maynard was laying on the ground in front of me. This women carrying a newborn baby walked over Maynard's head not once but three times carrying her baby. Instead of walking in front of him she stepped over his head.

Comment

[QUOTE=MaynardsMom;720831][QUOTE=Snacktress;695758]So far the worst we have gotten is a guy at the dog park who fed his (cooled down) Starbucks coffee to Juno. I had turned my back for a minute and when I turned back around he was pouring coffee into her mouth! I said "Um, thanks but what the hell are you doing?" I have no idea if coffee is harmful to dogs but what would possess someone to even do this? It's obviously not going to do her any real good. Stupid idiot.
      Depending on what he had in his coffee it could have hurt him. If he uses artificial sweetener in his coffee its highly poisonous to dogs.

While walking Maynard on McGuire AFB I had one of the airmen come up to me and ask if he could pet Maynard, he said that he had a Great Dane at home and missed him terribly. Naturally I said sure go ahead. The man got down on his hands and knees in front of Maynard and proceeded to put him in a head lock and pull him to the ground trying to wrestle with him. I about had a heart attack! I yelled at him to get off of him like that, he's never played with rough like that.
      At my nieces softball game I was sitting on the bottom bench watching the game and Maynard was laying on the ground in front of me. This women carrying a newborn baby walked over Maynard's head not once but three times carrying her baby. Instead of walking in front of him she stepped over his head.

Comment

I was at the dog park one day When Dusty was about six or seven months old. Some guy with a bulldog striked up a conversation and the next thing I knew his dog was getting really aggressive toward Dusty--I separated the two dogs and the guy put his dog on a leash and handed the leash to his girlfriend.. A few minutes later, the bulldog was off the leash and again attacking Dusty. The guy's girlfriend then leashed the bulldog for a few minutes but then released the bulldog which again attacked Dusty. I had thought the initial episode was incidental and that the second was just a judgment error--but on the third time I realized they were using Dusty to build their dog's confidence since Dusty was considerably larger (though younger and naive). It became obvious to me that they were using Dusty as a "Bait dog" and that I didnt initially realize it. We (Me and Dusty) swiftly left the dog park and I am glad now that I wasnt carrying a gun. And NO, I would not have shot the hapless bulldog but he would have been instantly homeless none the less. (Sorry to be so graphic but this incident haunts me two years later.)
        Last edited by RustyNail; 07-29-2011, 12:19 PM.
        _______
        ~ Rob ~

Comment

And as for all these people who come up to strange dogs with their kids, etc...it just blows my mind. When i was a kid, my grandmother burned it into my brain that you NEVER approach a strange dog without asking the owner first and letting the dog come to you. Just another reminder that kids who aren't taught any manners grow into adults with no manners who breed more manner-less kids. smh.
          i agree!someone else who grew up with manners!

i am working so hard to instill this in my kids minds already at 1 and 2yrs old!
          sigpic
          xena and her dane friend duchess
          Heather
          and Xena the Warrior Dane
          find us on FB
          http://www.facebook.com/XenaWarriorDane
          http://www.facebook.com/pages/Xena-t...51824241520044

Comment

Working...
          X