Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• RANT...Hell of a day

My turn to rant, get this:

I get up a five in the morning to take the Danes for a walk-about. After three weeks of okay weather it decides to snow. But not just snow, no but it had to ice over too. So after we skipped and slided down some turns, and me and the pups had troubles to keep our feet under us, we had to turn back home.

So I had to go to work. Woke the youngest daughter to tell her I am leaving and to watch monster Lilly. Daughter said "OK" and went straight back to sleep. Lilly took the opportunity and sorted the trash cans. Luca and Leo were happy to assist.

I am sliding with my bus down the road and start skidding about four times until I get to work. I needed about double the time to get there, and skirted every corner a wreck...

So called daughter from work at lunch, and she complains about the fact that she had to clean up the mess. Fast forward to 5 pm. I get home from work, loaded with the groceries for the week. Soon as I open the door I get bawled over from three howling Danes high-tailing to the backyard where they all three have a violent case of the shits....

Courtesy of the trash they were sorting. As I get in the house, I notice Lilly redecorated. I guess she felt creative, and pulled a kitchen shelf of the wall. It harbored all my treasures (old cook books from my mum, and hubbies mum, all my favorite other cook books, magazines etc.) Well they went to shreds. Mixed in the mess were hubbies computer cables, the phone, some memory sticks, five leashes and an assortment of collars, duct tape, fans, apples, some pens ...well I am sure you get the picture.

So as I sorted through the mess, Luca comes in takes one look at me and barfs on the carpet...big times. I hurry for kitchen towls to get a hold of the mess, but realized too late. So I threw the carpet runner into the barn. Hubby comes home commiserates with me and goes upstairs to change clothes. Just as he comes in our bedroom, he catches the cat peeing and shitting in our bed.

He just reacts and snatches up the cat. The cat takes exception to that and bites and scratches him severely in his hand. He drops the cat and screams, Leo runs up and tries to get the cat. Once I got through the muddle, hubby bleeds all over the bed. Hubby is on blood thinner, and the bites and scratches are so deep and severe that I just packed the hand in ice and a towel and drove 75 mph to the next hospital, about 45 minutes away.

They took care of the bites and put the DH on antibiotics, and on top of that they doubt that the injuries were caused by a cat......

Get back home at 9 pm, darling daughter tried to do some damage control and scrubbed the mattress (result wet mattress which is not going to dry tonight) and thrown my down comforter into the washer (dear down comforter RIP). Luca decided another carpet needed a bit more puke. Lilly thought it was not really enough action for the day and ripped a hole into one of the dog beds, and Leo is still looking to see if he gets another shot at the cat...

Tranquilized hubby successfully with wine, and deposited him on the dry side of the bed. Send darling daughter to bed, put cat outside for tonight, gave Luca some tummy calming medicine, placed big puppy Lilly next to Daddy, got myself a large red bottle of wine, and while I nurse this, I share with you my misery. I am sure in 20 some odd years I will laugh about it...
    sigpic
    With best regards,
    Jeannette Luca & Leo and now Lilly & Sophie

Wow a day from hell indeed.Sit back relax and do not look back.

Comment

Enjoy that wine - you totally deserve it after the day you've just had!

Comment

Aww, huge

Comment

God bless you, you poor thing. Yes, you will laugh about it in the future, waay waay in the future but it will happen. I wish you a MUCH better day tomorrow.
          sigpic
          Steeler

Comment

Oh, no!

what a horrible, no-good day!
            sigpic
            Second hand dogs = first class love!

Comment

I can feel your frustration all the way in Illinois! Hopefully tomorrow will be a much better day and today will become a distant memory!!! Hope the Hubby's hand improves quickly. Cat bites really hurt.
              sigpicLynn - Ximmy's Mom's Mom - John & Lynsie, skin kids, Faela & Gus skin grandkids,OnzaPous, ReignaPous, Banshee & Kit-ten and now Dare Devil and Fuzzy Butt the cats, and of course......Ximmy Ximmy Xoom Xoom and [COLOR=red]Sprocket (aka Sprockey Wocky Puppy Pants) and Sibanca our newest Dane rescue

Comment

I am sure in 20 some odd years I will laugh about it...
                Nah, it won't take 20 years... Maybe only 19

What a day!! What's with the hospital not believing the injuries are from a cat? I've been chewed on way worse by feral cats than any feral dog ever though of! Even got the cat-scratch-fever for my troubles! Poor hubby - maybe best to leave the shitting cat (or is that shitty cat) alone next time?

And with daughter I say do what I do with hubby - just throw all dogs on top of the bed and close the door, then smile innocetly holding a cup of coffee when the dog spit soaked human emerges.
                Until one has loved an animal, part of one's soul remains unawakened.
                - Anatole France

Comment

Oh, jeez...what a day!! You might not be able to laugh about it yet...but I sure found it funny. In all seriousness, do enjoy that wine and hopefully tomorrow will be a better day!!
                  Katie & Scarlett
                  sigpic

Comment

WOW, so sorry. What a disaster of a day. Hugs, cause I think you could use some.
                    Chris, Wife to Dave, and Mom three human teenagers.
                    Also mom to Tori (11 yo Lab), , Ayla (2 yo brindle dane), Milo (2 yo boxer), Killian (4 week old iw pup who is still with his breeder and mommy) 3 kittens, 2 horses, multiple reptiles, 7 fainting goats, 25 chickens, and 2 pot bellied pigs, all of whom make life great!
                    RIP CARLIE 2/09-2/11 & REILLY 10/4/08-11/20/12, best friends together forever now.

sigpic

Comment

It will be useful in the future when you have a bad day you can look back and say happily: "At least it is not as bad as when....."

Hope things are better soon.
                      Nancy
                      Calico Rock Danes
                      Alabama

Comment

Love you guys got to get up in 5 hours to do it over again. I decided the best spot for me tonight is the couch.

@ouesi, they know at the ER that I have dogs, because they run me over before and I broke a wrist. So they were convinced hubby had a dog bite. If it was not so ridiculous, it would have been funny. I tried to get them to understand if a Dane bit that thumb, I would have to bring it in a bag and that no dog of mine could accomplish a puncture wounds 0,5 cm deep and 2 cm wide apart.....let alone the bloody scratches up and down his arms, because in all that is right, there would have been scratches on the arms and torso as well.

Then get this, they were indecisive to give him antibiotics... but I insisted knowing how nasty cat bites can turn out... Hopefully his hand won't infect. I am sorely tempted to let Leo snack the cat....
                        sigpic
                        With best regards,
                        Jeannette Luca & Leo and now Lilly & Sophie

Comment

<<Just as he comes in our bedroom, he catches the cat peeing and shitting in our bed.>>

YIKES!! You lost me on that one!
                          I think you not only need a stiff drink (screw the wine and get to the hard stuff!)you need a full body massage, soft music and Callgahn!!

Hoping you have a better day tomorrow (and praying no infection for DH)
                          Carolyn
                          Divine Acres Great Danes
                          Divine Acres The Legend "Bruce" 5 1/2 months old..5th generation of DA Danes!
                          sigpic

Comment

The trouble with cat snacks it the snacker gets a hairball while snackee (said cat) only loses some hair and gets away to shit again another day.
                            sigpicLynn - Ximmy's Mom's Mom - John & Lynsie, skin kids, Faela & Gus skin grandkids,OnzaPous, ReignaPous, Banshee & Kit-ten and now Dare Devil and Fuzzy Butt the cats, and of course......Ximmy Ximmy Xoom Xoom and [COLOR=red]Sprocket (aka Sprockey Wocky Puppy Pants) and Sibanca our newest Dane rescue

Comment

Originally posted by jeann1230 View Post
                              Love you guys got to get up in 5 hours to do it over again. I decided the best spot for me tonight is the couch.

@ouesi, they know at the ER that I have dogs, because they run me over before and I broke a wrist. So they were convinced hubby had a dog bite. If it was not so ridiculous, it would have been funny. I tried to get them to understand if a Dane bit that thumb, I would have to bring it in a bag and that no dog of mine could accomplish a puncture wounds 0,5 cm deep and 2 cm wide apart.....let alone the bloody scratches up and down his arms, because in all that is right, there would have been scratches on the arms and torso as well.

Then get this, they were indecisive to give him antibiotics... but I insisted knowing how nasty cat bites can turn out... Hopefully his hand won't infect. I am sorely tempted to let Leo snack the cat....
                              Yeah, kind of hard for a dane to replicate the bite of a cat....
                              I'm sooooo glad you insisted on antibiotics. After my bout with cat scratch fever and daughter's bout with cellulitis from a cat scratch, I don't mess around with cat injuries. For anyone keeping score, reason #211 why dogs rule and cats drool
                              (Just kidding - sort of - I'm a cat lover too, but mostly a dog person.)

Jeann I agree - hit the hard stuff tonight
                              Until one has loved an animal, part of one's soul remains unawakened.
                              - Anatole France

Comment

Working...
                              X