2 Kids + 2 Danes = ????

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• 2 Kids + 2 Danes = ????

So I was wondering of those out there with 2 Kids and 2 Danes....

what the heck do you drive!!!!!! We are in the market for a new car.
    The only think I need is it has to be large enough for me to drive, I am really tall and my legs make up the most of me, and I need to be able to plug my ipod in somewhere. Leg room for the kids would be nice too. NEVER having another kid so no worries there.

TIA
    sigpic
    Shaun-4, Kairos (SDiT) at 13 weeks, Cole-6, and Zeus (CGC, PAT, TDI) 2yrs

I drive a '93 Suburban. Seating for 8. When I take Rupert AND a few of my kids with me I fold the middle seats down and then 3 kids can fit on the very back seats and the dog gets the large area where the seats are folded down (2 could easily fit).
    ~ Lisa & Rupert

Comment

we have a grand prix, a 530i, and a Yukon XL, lol Guess which one gets all the kids (3 girls) and all the dogs (2 medium sized & a Dane)... The Yukon is a really comfortable drive for both Chuck and me, I'm pretty tall (five-eight ish) and i'd still have a lot of room to go back...
      sigpicDane and Martini

Comment

We have a '01 Ford Expedition (145k miles and still going strong) and LOVE LOVE LOVE it! I will probably by another one when the time comes. Hubby and I are both tall (5'10" and 6'4") and there is more than enough leg and head room. Next time though, I may go for the Expedition EL which is long like the Excursion was with tons of room behind the 3rd seat.

My kids sit in the 3rd seat and we fold the middle seat down...plenty of room for the dogs. It would also work if we put the kids in the middle seats and removed the 3rd seat, but then the dogs couldn't put their heads out the windows.
        Rachael

sigpic

Comment

my dad has a chevy trailblazer lx or lx or whatever it is

its got the 2 front seats, 3 in the next bench and 2 in the last bench
          if I fold both sets of back seats down I can fit 6 XL crates back there (I helped transport dogs for adoption events
          Cassie

Comment

Ford 350 12 passenger van here. We took the first row bench seat out for the dogs. I have 3 kids in car seats at the moment.

I like it and it's GOLD!... he he...

Comment

My vote is the Ford Flex, I am seriously in love with them mini coopers on steroids.... There is plenty of room in there for two full sized danes people and kids , seats in the back fold flat and very roomy inside. The pricing on them isn't terrible either. Not extreme gas guzzlers. Very easy to get in and out of as well (I remember something about you having bad knees) it isn't a big step up like an excursion/expedition/truck would be as they are fairly low to the ground.
              sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by Rubystone View Post
                Ford 350 12 passenger van here. We took the first row bench seat out for the dogs. I have 3 kids in car seats at the moment.

I like it and it's GOLD!... he he...
                HOLY COW! Now that's planning for the future! lol We actually looked at one of these, we did first as kind of a joke, but then me and the hubs looked at each other like "ya know, this would be SOOOOOOOOO convenient" but the gas mileage about knocked me on my butt, I think it was like 12 or something. The more and more we look, the more I am starting to realize that if I want size, I am going to have to get over gas efficiency
                sigpic

Comment

I have two girls and two danes, the best vehicle to date was our Honda Odyssey. Everyone fit and it was comfortable to drive. We are thinking about getting another minivan for that very reason.
                  sigpic
                  Logan, Member GDCA and Past President GDCMF
                  Int'l CH & AM GCH Legacys Killer Instinct, TT, CHIC (Kaos)
                  www.lokenigreatdanes.com

Comment

Originally posted by sydney View Post
                    We have a '01 Ford Expedition (145k miles and still going strong) and LOVE LOVE LOVE it! I will probably by another one when the time comes. Hubby and I are both tall (5'10" and 6'4") and there is more than enough leg and head room. Next time though, I may go for the Expedition EL which is long like the Excursion was with tons of room behind the 3rd seat.

My kids sit in the 3rd seat and we fold the middle seat down...plenty of room for the dogs. It would also work if we put the kids in the middle seats and removed the 3rd seat, but then the dogs couldn't put their heads out the windows.
                    Do the middle seats fold into the floor? I am assuming they must right?
                    sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by Sparrow View Post
                      I drive a '93 Suburban. Seating for 8. When I take Rupert AND a few of my kids with me I fold the middle seats down and then 3 kids can fit on the very back seats and the dog gets the large area where the seats are folded down (2 could easily fit).
                      Is this another SUV where the second row folds completely into the floor? With the 3rd row in use, how does the storage space in the back look as far as storing like a stroller and groceries?? Large vehicles are few and far between out here! We are going to have to hunt them down!
                      sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by NavyWife View Post
                        HOLY COW! Now that's planning for the future! lol We actually looked at one of these, we did first as kind of a joke, but then me and the hubs looked at each other like "ya know, this would be SOOOOOOOOO convenient" but the gas mileage about knocked me on my butt, I think it was like 12 or something. The more and more we look, the more I am starting to realize that if I want size, I am going to have to get over gas efficiency
                        Lol.

It is pretty convenient once you get past the initial gas mileage shocker. It's a grocery getter, with the occasional trip here and there. Overall, it's not too bad. I can almost stand up in it. Loading the kids and the dogs is super easy. Love it!

Comment

Originally posted by lwrees72 View Post
                          I have two girls and two danes, the best vehicle to date was our Honda Odyssey. Everyone fit and it was comfortable to drive. We are thinking about getting another minivan for that very reason.
                          I vote minivan too. Though we have a Kia LOL... But it's like a rolex in my book - takes a likin' and keeps on tickin'. We're hard on cars (miles of dirt road to get to the house just for one), and this one is holding up really well.

In a pinch I can fit two adults, two kids and four dogs in it. Fold down the third row, put the danes and Bates back there, Biko in the space between the second row seats - its a sight

I've also crammed 3 dogs, 3 humans and 2 giant river raft tubes (inflated) in it. Bates in the front seat, kids in the second row, Lunar crammed between the kids, and Breez in back with her head sticking through the tubes - that was a VERY short trip
                          Until one has loved an animal, part of one's soul remains unawakened.
                          - Anatole France

Comment

Originally posted by ouesi View Post
                            I vote minivan too. Though we have a Kia LOL... But it's like a rolex in my book - takes a likin' and keeps on tickin'. We're hard on cars (miles of dirt road to get to the house just for one), and this one is holding up really well.

In a pinch I can fit two adults, two kids and four dogs in it. Fold down the third row, put the danes and Bates back there, Biko in the space between the second row seats - its a sight

I've also crammed 3 dogs, 3 humans and 2 giant river raft tubes (inflated) in it. Bates in the front seat, kids in the second row, Lunar crammed between the kids, and Breez in back with her head sticking through the tubes - that was a VERY short trip
                            We also have a Kia (Sedona) & love it! We have 3 kids, ages 13, 12 & 4 and 3 Danes. We can fit everyone in (that's 5 ppl & 3 danes) if we remove the middle seats & the kids sit in the 3rd row. And the back is huge (very deep) because the 3rd row seats are made to fold flat down into the floor.
                            sigpic
                            Tracy ~ wife(to Marshall) & mom to 3 skin kids (Devin, Cameron, Kaiden) & 2 fur kids (Cain & Leda) RIP my sweet Breech 8-12-09 to 9-18-10.

Comment

Originally posted by Paradis View Post
                              My vote is the Ford Flex, I am seriously in love with them mini coopers on steroids.... There is plenty of room in there for two full sized danes people and kids , seats in the back fold flat and very roomy inside. The pricing on them isn't terrible either. Not extreme gas guzzlers. Very easy to get in and out of as well (I remember something about you having bad knees) it isn't a big step up like an excursion/expedition/truck would be as they are fairly low to the ground.
                              Thanks! Added it to the list, we are going out this weekend since it's a 4 day weekend. I hate car shopping, maybe we can find a place that will have them all??? Doubtful
                              sigpic

Comment

Working...
                              X