Cat Poop!!!!!

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Cat Poop!!!!!

Last night Allie stuck her head in the cat litter box. And, now she just keeps going back to it. It's so freakin' gross. There's probably nothing I can do to stop that, huh?? I have no where to put my litter box where she can't get it... The cat's food is on top of the dryer, at least that was an easy fix.

TIA!
    Allie the Great Dane~5.5.10

Water bottle, not the nicest cure, but it will work. Hide somewhere and when she gets near it, blast her with the water bottle.

Or bang some pot lids together. Aversion therapy at it's best.

Or, if you don't like those ideas, and you might not, I am going to have my hubby build the cat a "house" with a door only he can fit in to put his food bowl and litter box. Then the doggies can't get in but the kitty still can. Should be fairly cheap and easy to build and no more eating doggy poo.

Watch for the runs today, cat poo is not a very good food source, lol.
    sigpic
    Shaun-4, Kairos (SDiT) at 13 weeks, Cole-6, and Zeus (CGC, PAT, TDI) 2yrs

Comment

Find a large box and cover the litter box with it, cut a small 'door' in the box just for the kitty to come and go.

Should solve the problem

Comment

before we used hook and eye's on the cats room door, we use a large vari-kennel propped the door open (cut a piece of wood to wedge the door open and held closed with a bungee cord) a little redneck but the cats can get in but the dogs can't. Mind you I have a very LARGE cat box due to my cats being so large, so you could probably use a smaller kennel.
        sigpic
        My Crew
        The Danes:
        Ximmy - DOB 11/23/09, Sprocket - Gotcha Day - 8/14/11
        The Cats:
        Kit-ten Rescued 1999 - calico; Banshee Rescued 2007 - Maine Coon Mix; OnzaPous and ReignaPous DOB - 2/17/09 - Maine Coon's
        At the bridge: Thumper, Ditto & Chaos
        ~Dogs and cats instinctively know the exact moment their owners will wake up. Then they wake them 10 minutes sooner.~

Comment

Miley also likes to stick her head in the litter box. We have it in the laundry room and usually we have a baby gate up so she can't get in there. Sometimes we take it down and forget to put it up and sure enough Miley will be in there! So gross!

Comment

Originally posted by Loki Love View Post
            Find a large box and cover the litter box with it, cut a small 'door' in the box just for the kitty to come and go.

Should solve the problem
            I have the litter box with the dome cover and she just sticks her head in there...

Originally posted by MileyBeans View Post
            Miley also likes to stick her head in the litter box. We have it in the laundry room and usually we have a baby gate up so she can't get in there. Sometimes we take it down and forget to put it up and sure enough Miley will be in there! So gross!
            At our old house we could put the cat litter box in the laundry room, but at this house we really can't, because the laundry "room" is right when you walk in the house. And, the spare room is where the computer, cat litter box & kennel is.
            Allie the Great Dane~5.5.10

Comment

ahh, "Kitty crispies..."... My heart dog, Muffin used to get in Pit's litterbox & come up with almond roca looking things in her face fur ALL the time, GAG!
              sigpicDane and Martini

Comment

I have a litterbox that looks like a cabinet for my kitty. Tristan tried to stick his head into it a time or two and I told him to leave it and he has done so since then. Helps that he has been on bed rest for a few weeks, I suppose! Anyway.. at this point, I'm not sure his head will fit in the opening anymore.
                - Missy

Tristan, born 3/23/10
                sigpic

Comment

Oh yeah, cat poo is a dang tasty treat! Our litter box is in the basement (as is the door we let the dogs in and out of) so we had to build what we call "the fortress" around the litter box. Since our basement is unfished we just have all our rubbermade tubs around it. No idea what we'll do if/when we ever finish the basement.

Ted also likes to lick the cats bum. It. Is. Disgusting.
                  sigpic
                  Theodore Winston - AKA: Ted

Comment

So glad I dont have any cats.
                    --Vickie--
                    sigpic

Deacon - Harl born 2-10-09
                    Noodle - Black born 7-4-09

Comment

I used to have that problem with Yeager, just turning the opening toward the wall and only leaving enough room for the cat to go in and out helped......Yeager wasn't that bright and never figured out he probably could move the box to gain access.
                      I've got a cute butt!! Leif at four months.
                      sigpic
                      Jamie, Ava, and Leif

Comment

We mounted a baby gate about 4 inches off the floor to our spare room so only the cats could get under it, might be an idea? We keep the litter box and food in there, plus the cats have an escape from the wild puppy. We've had no problems with her getting under there, of course she tried a lot at first but we kept redirecting her and she doesn't bother with it anymore.

Someone here just uses a string as a 'gate'!!! Going to work on that eventually, I'd love to get rid of the gate.

Also I've heard those Booda litter boxes work quite well (with the dome top & stairs)
                        sigpic

Comment

Get an extra large Rubbermaid container with locking lid. Cut a hole in the side just big enough for the cat. Put the litter box (without the dome lid if it doesn't fit) inside the container. Point the hole of the container towards a wall or corner.
                          Julie
                          Duds and Miles 5- and 6-year-old fawns, Smudge (terrier mix); Bobke, Fig, Olive, Albert (cats); Einstein (African Grey), Rocky (Amazon Parrot).
                          RIP Willow 12/95 - 04/04, Maia 03/05 - 10/11, Maverick 11/07-10/14, Spencer 05/06-12/14
                          Upper Midwest Great Dane Rescue Volunteer www.thegreatdanerescue.com
                          sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by Danewillow View Post
                            Get an extra large Rubbermaid container with locking lid. Cut a hole in the side just big enough for the cat. Put the litter box (without the dome lid if it doesn't fit) inside the container. Point the hole of the container towards a wall or corner.
                            This is EXACTLY what we did and it worked like a charm, also kept all the dang litter from tracking everywhere!
                            ~ Lisa & Rupert

Comment

You can buy the treatment for coprophagia at petsmart, from the vet, or you can cover the kitty poo in something that tastes bad, hot sauce etc, but make sure it won't harm kitty...My Dad's dog used to do this, and my dad had named the kitty 'tootsie roll factory'...gross

http://www.petsmart.com/product/inde...ductId=3620468
                              sigpic
                              My Little Family!

Comment

Working...
                              X