No announcement yet.

The Surgery

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Thinking of you and Goofus today!!! Healing prayers sent!!! Again noticing in his video his great spirit!

Originally posted by LoMax View Post
    I have never seen or had a dog with wobblers, so your post have great value to me for educational purposes. He seems like a lovely boy and I am praying for the best outcome possible. Thank you for the updates.
    Me neither...I was thinking of bookmarking this thread! The information of Goofus's ups and downs along with video is VERY useful!

Originally posted by duke'sdad View Post
    In the video your puppy is getting around much better than Duke was. i had to pick Duke up and hold him while he relieved himself because he would fall over. he had his surgery 3 weeks ago tomorrow and if it was not for the scar you would not know he had a problem. We too had him on steroids before surgery and saw some improvement which led the neurosurgeon to believe the surgery would be successful.
    We still have stamina issues but that should go away with time. Duke had wobblers but did not have a cyst. I know how expensive this surgery is. Your puppy is lucky to have you. I hope you have the same luck we had. If so it will be money well spent. Please let us know how it goes.
    Rob
    duke'sdad, Goofus' dad has mentioned many times helping him relieve himself...thinking the steriods have helped with that.

Praying and sending healing and happy prayers for Duke!!
    June, Bumper (deaf & blind), Joey, Daisy, and Angel Ann (deaf)
    RIP Dakota Blue Moon
    Oct 27, 2006, Oct 01, 2012

"I'd tell ya...but I'd have ta lick ya"
    sigpic

Comment

I just found and read this thread. What a story! Goofus is a gorgeous guy with an absolute kissable face. Gotta love his jowls. lol
      He is blessed to have had the best 'Mommy' & 'Daddy' ever.
      I can't wait for an update. I am truly sending good thoughts his way.

Comment

Hoping all goes well today for Goofus!! Hang in there!
        sigpic
        Crystal
        Owned by:
        Dexter 8 year old GD, CGC
        CH xxx's Top Gear AKA Studebaker (Baker) 4 years
        Bagel 19 yr old Maine Coon
        Lox 11 yr old Russian Blue mix

Comment

Waiting for a update!Your story brought tears to my eyes my dobe was diagnosed with wobblers in july.Your boy looks so happy.
          Last edited by daneslave; 10-26-2010, 01:58 PM.

Comment

Keeping you and your beautiful boy in my thoughts and prayers.
            sigpic
            Pat B,
            Jim - the Dane
            Gil - the Newf
            Driver - CCI pup in training

Comment

I can't wait to hear the update. I hope things went well.
              sigpic

Comment

The latest is that our surgery has been bumped until next week.
                It's one of those deals where they do the emergencies first.
                I guess I understand but I hope we don't end up being an emergency before they get us in.
                Kinda weird, they have a blank check to do what ever it takes....

I'll find out more tomorrow.

Thank you all for your support.
                In the mean time, The Goo boy is doing fairly well and is holding his own.

Comment

I will keep you and your boy in my thoughts for a successful surgery and speedy recovery.
                  sigpicLynn - Ximmy's Mom's Mom - John & Lynsie, skin kids, Faela & Gus skin grandkids,OnzaPous, ReignaPous, Banshee & Kit-ten and now Dare Devil and Fuzzy Butt the cats, and of course......Ximmy Ximmy Xoom Xoom and [COLOR=red]Sprocket (aka Sprockey Wocky Puppy Pants) and Sibanca our newest Dane rescue

Comment

Latest is that he is scheduled for Tuesday Nov 2.
                    In the mean time, he is continuing to improve under the steroid medication.
                    The down part of it is that his is presenting with muscle wasting around the
                    upper shoulders and neck area. Also included are some areas around the butt.
                    Still, we are hoping this surgery will halt this issue if successful.

I'll try to include some pictures later today.

Best to all my Dane Buds....

Comment

Well, after being "bumped" twice for other emergencies, The Goo Boy finally
                      got his second surgery.
                      So far he is still with us but it was an 8 1/2 hour operation.
                      The Surgeon said it was the toughest one he's ever had to do.
                      Two more vertebra were "notched" and two fluid filled sacks were removed from his spinal area.
                      He is still being forced to "sleep" until tomorrow and then they will try to bring him around and see if he has any motion.
                      This sure has been a week from Hell for the Wife and I as I also had to take my Quarter Horse, Lacey, into the Vet to be put down. She was really sick and had lost several hundred pounds.
                      We tried everything but nothing worked. Final consensus was Cancer in the bowel.
                      By the way, Cancer sucks!!! Just thought I'd say......

Anyway, I should know more tomorrow.
                      Turns out the emergencies that bumped us were weaner dogs with spinal
                      problems. I guess Danes aren't the only breed with "issues".

Regards,
                      Dogtag

Comment

Hoping that things go as well as they can tomorrow. I will keep you guys in my thoughts!

Yeah, LOTS of weiners have spinal issues, long back and short legs set them up for failure.

Keep us posted!
                        sigpic
                        Crystal
                        Owned by:
                        Dexter 8 year old GD, CGC
                        CH xxx's Top Gear AKA Studebaker (Baker) 4 years
                        Bagel 19 yr old Maine Coon
                        Lox 11 yr old Russian Blue mix

Comment

I'm so sorry about the loss of your horse. I'm praying Goofus is the success story everyone hopes for. Please continue to keep us informed of his progress. I'm sending you a big hug.
                          sigpicLynn - Ximmy's Mom's Mom - John & Lynsie, skin kids, Faela & Gus skin grandkids,OnzaPous, ReignaPous, Banshee & Kit-ten and now Dare Devil and Fuzzy Butt the cats, and of course......Ximmy Ximmy Xoom Xoom and [COLOR=red]Sprocket (aka Sprockey Wocky Puppy Pants) and Sibanca our newest Dane rescue

Comment

So far so good.....They report the big fur ball is awake and walking around the clinic being a pain in the ass.
                            He is also eating anything that isn't nailed down.
                            Sounds like him.
                            They are saying that if no infections set in that he can come home on Monday.
                            I'm just amazed at his ability to recover. He must really want to live.
                            Looks like he might just have that chance.

Dogtag.

Comment

Wonderful news!!! Hopefully he will continue on the mend and you can have him home and getting into mischief in no time at all!

Comment

Yay! Glad he is doing so well. I'm sure he is getting spoiled by everybody!
                                sigpic Brenda
                                RIP Gibson 9/06 - 8/11
                                Presley 8/96 - 11/06

Comment

Working...
                                X