"Water Fountain" Waterers

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• "Water Fountain" Waterers

Wondering...does anybody else have this type of waterer?

http://www.animalworldnetwork.com/judefrflfoby.html

If so, how did you find one that was Dane sized?
    sigpic

I have had the Petmate one and one made by Drinkwell. Deuce absolutely loved both. What you have to keep in mind with any of these fountains is that they get gooped up much quicker with great dane drool than if you were just using it for cats (what many people have them for) or for a breed that doesn't drool as much. They are a pain in the butt to take apart and clean all the pieces, especially if you have hard water in addition to the drool and hair getting in it. I found the Petmate much more difficult to clean than the Drinkwell. I did end up putting the fountain away after Deuce bloated as he had a tendency to gorge himself on water and during his recovery especially our vet wanted us to portion his water. We just never put the fountain back out as it was so much easier to have two water bowls and rotate them, putting one in the dishwasher when the other gets dirty. That being said, I haven't got rid of the Drinkwell because it is a well put together machine, the animals liked it and it was way easier to clean than the Petmate.

This is the one that we have. I think it is more than big enough for a dane and I also had a miniature poodle and two cats drinking from it as well. We got ours off of ebay.

http://www.vetventures.com/products-...ins-BigDog.asp
    Tamara and Deuce
    sigpic

Comment

i have this one...

http://www.hagen.com/dogitdrinkingfo...out/index.html

i love it, the dogs love it! when ashley was my only dane, she drank out of the bubbly fountain and my 2 corgis drank out of the waterfall. now, all 3 of my danes drink out of the bubbly part. the water is filtered through both a charcoal filter and a sponge filter (that one collects the hair, etc.) and because it's constantly in motion, it stays cold. i find that now, with 3 danes, i have to fill it every other day or so.

on the days i work, i do put out a small bucket of water next to the fountain just in case a storm causes the power to go out while i'm away.
      [SIGPIC]

Comment

Originally posted by Charlene View Post
        I did not have luck with the dogit that I bought. It did not last very long before it completely died on me. I guess my guy was just too droolly and dirty for it, plus all the cat hair the dog keep trying to eat was getting it. I had a lot of problems with the filter getting clogged up a lot.

I did really like it when it was working and sad when it stopped.

Dawne
        Dawne

Owned by Diesel

Comment

I have the Big Dog Drinkwell. I LOVE it.

I also love that you can save $$$$$$$ by NOT buying the $12 refill cartriges for it. Insted go to the fish isle and buy the med Whisper fish filters. The ones you have to assemble yourself are the best buy. They do the SAME job and you can get them MUCH cheaper. (even more so if you buy house brand - like petsmarts topfin)
          sigpic
          "Show me your dog, and I will tell you what manner of man you are."
          ~Capt. Max von Stephanitz
          Anubis CGC (RIP) , Cheza CGC, Schwarz Frost von Lichtefeld CGCA THD TDIA, Steele Gunner Goatsbane CGCA, and Professional House Dog Oliver.

Comment

Originally posted by Charlene View Post
            i have this one...

http://www.hagen.com/dogitdrinkingfo...out/index.html

i love it, the dogs love it! when ashley was my only dane, she drank out of the bubbly fountain and my 2 corgis drank out of the waterfall. now, all 3 of my danes drink out of the bubbly part. the water is filtered through both a charcoal filter and a sponge filter (that one collects the hair, etc.) and because it's constantly in motion, it stays cold. i find that now, with 3 danes, i have to fill it every other day or so.

on the days i work, i do put out a small bucket of water next to the fountain just in case a storm causes the power to go out while i'm away.
            We have it, and love it. Simply the greatest thing ever. I used to waste buckets of drooly water after just one post meal drink. Now, we just fill this puppy and it lasts days. Bentley loves it.
            I finally figured out how to load an album. Woo hoo!
            http://dolforum.com/forum/album.php?albumid=1533

Comment

Are they noisy? Do the plastic components stay clean enough to not cause a puppy-acne problem?

Comment

Originally posted by mydanekimba View Post
                Are they noisy? Do the plastic components stay clean enough to not cause a puppy-acne problem?
                Ours definitely stays clean enough. It basically sounds like a small water-feature, almost soothing, but definitely not what I would call noisy by any stretch.
                I finally figured out how to load an album. Woo hoo!
                http://dolforum.com/forum/album.php?albumid=1533

Comment

Rule, you have a "bentley", too??

i've had my dogit for well over a year without a single problem. i do take it apart about every 10 days or so and clean everything including the pump.

mine isn't noisy at all, it just sounds like one of those little table top fountains.
                  [SIGPIC]

Comment

Oh I like that Dogit one. It would save me from turning on the tub so much.

But I dont see where I can order one at or find out how much it is?

Nevermind. I guess I just need to google it. Not a bad price.
                    --Vickie--
                    sigpic

Deacon - Harl born 2-10-09
                    Noodle - Black born 7-4-09

Comment

I just got the "DOGIT" by Hagen. So far I love it. It is very quiet even sitting right next to it. Roxy is a big time drooler & I was always washing out her water bowl 3 & 4 times a day. With this fountian any drool just washes down the side & into the bottom where the filters are. So far The water has stayed clean & cool. I will update after I have had it a little longer.

BTW: Petco has a much better price than PetsMart & free shipping (as of yesterday).
                      sigpic
                      Roxy & Ace

Comment

Working...
                      X