Danes at Work!!

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Danes at Work!!

I thought it might be fun to share who can bring their dogs to work and what kind of job it is. Also if there are any funny stories along with a long day at the office.

I'll start: I work at a Realty office as the Office Coordinator and one day I needed to bring my Harris to the vet and since we live 8-10 miles out in the country and I only have and hour lunch I didn't have time to run home and get him. Also it's summer and no one should be leaving their dog in the car for a long period of time without air conditioning I decided to call my boss and see if it would be a big deal to bring him in.

Sure enough she said it was no problem and that she didn't care about things like that! After the first day he was at work with me she kept asking me to bring him back because she had never seen a dog as mellow and well behaved as he was. What a good boy, he just hangs out and sleeps all day, o and the realtors like to feed him treats too! He doesn't mind that part too much. Some of them even sit down on the floor with him and cuddle...who knew realtors could let their guard down to a dog, I shouldn't say dog, I should say DANE!!

Anyhow I thought it was cute and I always wanted a job were my dogs are welcome since they are my children! I usually bring him on Fridays since it helps the day go by faster with him at my side, I have him here today in fact! Here are some pics!

Kymber snuck a day in too with her blankie and toy when I first bought her!

So who else gets to bring their beloved Danes to Work!?
    Attached Files

My kids: Harris 2yr old Mantle, Kymber 14 mo Mantle, Dahlen 12 week old Harl, Lexi 5 mo old Dane X, Chavez 3 yr old Pit Bull X, Wrangler 12 yr old Lab, and lots of Horses!

Crystal

OK, first of all I love the collar! LOL

Second of all, I DO I DO I DO. ha I get to bring my Lexi butt to work with me! I work at an animal shelter and everytime someone walks in the door lexi jumps up and puts her paws on the counter and everyone jumps haha.. I say she is just saying "Hello, if you need any help let my mommy know" She also gets snacks, but she gets bad snacks like chicken nuggets and french fries! haha.
    sigpic
    LEXI-3 yr old Sfemale harl great dane
    LEVI- 4yr old Nmale yellow lab
    ZOEY-2yr old Sfemale chinese crested
    ROCKY-10yr old Nmale yorkie (rescued)
    MAKO- 5 1/2mo OLD MALE HARL GREAT DANE

Comment

I bring my Ty-man to work with me and have since he was a pup. I work at a small vet office so we all bring our dogs with us. My fosters get to come too, that way I can get them socialized with a lot of different people and animals (only the healthy ones!).
      sigpic
      -Sara-
      -Classic & Zuma-

Comment

I can bring my dogs to work on occassion. A few Fridays ago, I knew I would be in the office all day, so I brought Kava with me. I was on a conference call, so I partly closed my door while Kava slept on the floor behind my desk. All of the sudden the UPS guy swings my door open and Kava jumps up barking! The UPS guy slams the door shut and I hear him yelling obscenities behind the door. I open the door to sign for the package, and all I hear is Holy #@^& it is a good thing I am wearing brown, as that thing scared the crap out of me...LOL!

Ever since he has knocked at my door before coming in. (Serves him right !)
        Last edited by lwrees72; 07-31-2009, 04:28 PM.
        sigpic
        Logan, Member GDCA and Past President GDCMF
        Int'l CH & AM GCH Legacys Killer Instinct, TT, CHIC (Kaos)
        www.lokenigreatdanes.com

Comment

LOL Logan, that would have been a sight, just wait until you bring Kava as well as Kaos into work with you, now won't that be a surprise for the poor UPS guy. He will have to start to bring a change of clothes with him on shift.

I work occasionally at a small vet clinic and get to bring my guys in if I want to. If it is going to be a quiet day I will bring them in otherwise I will leave them at home where they are comfortable.
          sigpic

Comment

Earl is my navigator!
            Last edited by earlsmom; 08-02-2009, 04:01 PM.
            sigpic

Comment

I'm envious of all you guys. I work w/infants in a hospital ...no dogs. We do have security dogs and some therapy dogs on the peds floor (not in the Neonatal ICU though), so I sneak in some lovin whenever I can!

But, I DO get to hold babies all day, so not a bad trade off.
              sigpicKelly

Comment

Yeah, these public school administrators are so weird about dogs in the classroom - something about distracting the students and not related to the subject matter, oh well.
                I do plan on teaching Bates some more "tricks" and when I can take him to do talks at the elementary schools like we did last year. My dream is to have him help me start a pilot "reading with dogs" therapy program for reluctant/remedial readers. He has to get his CGC first, and I also want him certified by Therapy Dogs. Breez will be included if she ever grows a brain!
                Until one has loved an animal, part of one's soul remains unawakened.
                - Anatole France

Comment

School

I am a teacher and at the end of the previous school year I took Lizzie to work on the teachers last day (no students). She had a blast, everybody loved her and had their dogs there too. However, I did have to get some work done, so when I shut us up in my classroom (she was about 6 months old) she decided to take a big old on the classroom floor. Nothing like calling a janitor to come help with that!

Comment

Im going to school to be a teacher and i would love to have my dog with me at times! I dont know if this is a dumb question but What does she need so she can join me as for as like certification ?

Comment

My husband could if she'd go upstairs or in an elevator (we're working on it!) He has brought our lab mix before (who hates it) on days where hes taken him to the vet or something. He is a programmer...works for my stepdads software development company. My stepdad brought his dog before she passed almost every day.

Comment

I am a counselor at a residential facility for adults and my boss actually loves it when we bring our dogs to work. Needless to say, my clients absolutely adore Merle. He does more for them than I could any day of the week!

Funny office story: Shortly after I had taught Merle to shut the kitchen cabinets and drawers with his nose, I took him to work. I was sitting at my desk and one of my co-workers was standing at my door talking to me. Merle walked over to the door to my office and slammed it shut in my co-workers face! I almost died laughing.
                        sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by Faye413 View Post
                          I am a counselor at a residential facility for adults and my boss actually loves it when we bring our dogs to work. Needless to say, my clients absolutely adore Merle. He does more for them than I could any day of the week!

Funny office story: Shortly after I had taught Merle to shut the kitchen cabinets and drawers with his nose, I took him to work. I was sitting at my desk and one of my co-workers was standing at my door talking to me. Merle walked over to the door to my office and slammed it shut in my co-workers face! I almost died laughing.
                          Oooh what a great trick!!! Does it work with bosses and pesky salespeople too?
                          Until one has loved an animal, part of one's soul remains unawakened.
                          - Anatole France

Comment

Originally posted by ouesi View Post
                            Oooh what a great trick!!! Does it work with bosses and pesky salespeople too?
                            I don't know, but I thought for a minute about teaching him to do it with just a hand signal so I could get him to slam the door when a pesky client was at my door being needy!
                            sigpic

Comment

I work in a nursing home. The old folks LOVE green bean. They love all the dogs that I bring there for visits, but GB is their current favorite. He LOVES them as well, or should I say loves licking their faces after lunch?
                              I personally think it's funny when he tries to sit on their laps or get in bed with them. He is always good for a laugh.
                              sigpic

Comment

Working...
                              X