Danes sick, not going to the bathroom

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Danes sick, not going to the bathroom

Hey guys. So about a week ago both my danes started having really bad diareah. We mixed hamburger and rice in with their food and it didn’t help. Well on Tuesday when I got home from work they had BOTH gone alllll over the house. They NEVER have accidents. Me and hubby took them to the vet who gave us some pills to give them while continuing to feed them rice and hamburger. My worry is that since Tuesday they haven’t gone to the bathroom….
    Should I be worried?
    Tiffany
    Proud mama to
    Nova
    sigpic

Why hamburger? Chicken would be easier on the stomach. Have you fasted them for 24 hours prior to reintroducing any food? (fast the food, not water)
    Stella (Merle), Zeus (Blue)
    Noogie-Boogie (Doxxie)
    Kasey (Pug aka: the turd)

The Felines: Precious, Chloe & Ray
    At the Bridge: Fluffy, Brandy, Tiffany, Gizmo, Woof, Scrappy, Duke, Shay, Cleo, Vader, Pepper, Conner

Comment

Diarrhea

No, not yet. They probably cleaned themselves out with the diarrhea.

Comment

Our vet told us to boil hamburger and do 1 part hamburger to 4 parts rice. Should I give them their meds tonight still or make sure they can go?
        Tiffany
        Proud mama to
        Nova
        sigpic

Comment

Continue the meds. I agree they are probably just empty right now. They should poop by tomorrow. Good luck with the babies. I feel for you about cleaning up all the poop!
          sigpic Brenda
          RIP Gibson 9/06 - 8/11
          Presley 8/96 - 11/06

Comment

It was soooo gross lol i could smell it as i walked to my front door. We keep nova in a crate and she had gone in there and it was ALL over her! Jake went all over the rest of the house. Thank god for wood floors is all I have to say lol!
            Tiffany
            Proud mama to
            Nova
            sigpic

Comment

Working...
            X