Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Silly question...

Hello Everyone,
    Sorry for not logging in for a while. We've been trying to look for a rescue EVERYWHERE! Anyway, I myself have been around bigger dogs, and noticed one thing in particular. The passing of gas Do Danes pass a lot of aroma? Thanks...
    sigpic
    Zeke @ 9 Months

Depends on the indivudal dog and what you feed them.

Mine are rawfed and never had gas until my boy developed digestive issues as a senior. Otherwise my three females don't have gas, allergies, or doggie-odor. I would **guess** that Danes fed high-quality grain-free kibble probably don't have much gas either.
    Lissa's furkids: Jupiter (RIP), Merlot (RIP), Savannah, and Poet
    sigpic
    Visit them at: http://www.lissa.net/Joya/
    MAGDRL: http://www.magdrl.org/
    AKC CGC Evaluator #9661 since 2003
    Feeding RMB since 2001

Comment

Faust is fed Taste of the Wild and gas is a super rare thing and normally only when we are switching his flavors and his tummy gets unsettled for a day or two.
      sigpic

Comment

We dont notice too much of the gas problem with zombie. We hear it sometimes but dont smell it too often.
        sigpicZOMBIE!!!

Comment

We never hear Dakota passing gas nor do we smell anything.
          June, Bumper (deaf & blind), Joey, Daisy, and Angel Ann (deaf)
          RIP Dakota Blue Moon
          Oct 27, 2006, Oct 01, 2012

"I'd tell ya...but I'd have ta lick ya"
          sigpic

Comment

Cleo has audible farts frequently---when she stretches, when she sits for a treat, etc. But they RARELY smell.
            sigpicKelly

Comment

We've never really had a problem with that. Both Clyde and Frankie have had an audible fart occcasionally and they looked at their butt like, 'What the heck was THAT?!'. Never been obnoxious.
              ~Patty~ I have the right to remain silent; I don't have the ability.

Comment

Only when I give mine any people food or add something new to their diet.

Comment

Thanks everyone! Made my morning, you guys and gals have a great day as well...
                  sigpic
                  Zeke @ 9 Months

Comment

I give Dayna a powder supplement called Fresh Digest, and I've truly seen (and smelled) a difference in her. She isnt too gassy to begin with but sometimes phewww stinky dog! I could tell a difference in about a week's time. (also she is on Eagle Pack Giant breed kibble.. just an fyi)
                    Crystal- Mom to Gargani's K.O. Dayna Blue
                    sigpic

Comment

All of mine toot, but only Zeus has odor. But he's also my dog that had a good portion of his intestine removed.
                      Stella (Merle), Zeus (Blue)
                      Noogie-Boogie (Doxxie)
                      Kasey (Pug aka: the turd)

The Felines: Precious, Chloe & Ray
                      At the Bridge: Fluffy, Brandy, Tiffany, Gizmo, Woof, Scrappy, Duke, Shay, Cleo, Vader, Pepper, Conner

Comment

Working...
                      X