Will it ever stop.....

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Will it ever stop.....

Will the pain of ever losing a pet ever stop. It has been 14 months since Oscar has passed but the pain is still so fresh. It is hard for me to look through my photobucket account without crying. His ashes still sit in a little plain box because I am too chicken to put them in something pretty. But tonight I came across a picture of him that I took a week before he passed and it just made me think of what a great dog he was. I curse BYBS!!! My baby was only 6 year old when cancer took him so cruelly away from me. Sorry for my rant sometimes its just good for me to talk about it because my husband doesn't want to hear it. My daughter won't even let me say his name...she told me that he was her brother.

It'll get easier over time but I dont think it'll ever go away ... it hasn't for me. Talking about him and looking at pictures does help, not at first but its get easier when you can talk about him and say his name again. I dont think its good for any of you to bottle it up, it makes it hurt more.

Even just talking about my Milo on here has helped me alot. I've been talking with friends alot about him recently too. My nephew grew up with him and was heart broken too, but encouraging him to talk and cry with me has helped him. It really can make it worse to bottle it up. You have to get the anger and grief out before you can let go and remember the fabulous times and all the love.

Comment

What a beautiful boy!

Comment

With time it will get easier. Like others have said, talking about it and looking over old pictures of the happy memories does make it easier. It will never go away.
        sigpic

Comment

I'm so sorry. He looks like he was a wonderful boy!
          ~Laura~

Dori: 7 years (TDI, CGC), Toby: RIP SWEET BOY (CGC), Cami: 7 years (TDI, CGC)

sigpic

Comment

I'd like to say it does and before Gus it did, but not this time. I still cry almost daily, he passed in March 08, and when I see pics of him it just brings the hurt back. I guess he was my heart dog. I thought those before him had been, but this is different.

I love my puppies, but they're not him.

I wish I could take the hurt away from you.

Comment

I also miss my heart dog every day. I have a picture of Presley on my fridge from his tenth B-day. It will be 3yrs this Nov. His ashes are in a nice oak urn with his picture on it. Maybe a friend would help you transfer his ashes for you. I still miss him terribly, but I smile when I think about the good memories. I promise it will get easier with time! :-)
              sigpic Brenda
              RIP Gibson 9/06 - 8/11
              Presley 8/96 - 11/06

Comment

I lost Lakota almost 21 months ago. Sometimes I think I am completely over it...and then a post or a thought brings the pain all over again! I do not think we ever truly forget, nor should we!
                sigpic
                Logan, Member GDCA and Past President GDCMF
                Int'l CH & AM GCH Legacys Killer Instinct, TT, CHIC (Kaos)
                www.lokenigreatdanes.com

Comment

Sending you some and prayers that some of your pain will be lifted and in time you can look back at the happy times you had with Oscar.
                  Linda and Rocky
                  sigpic
                  Jesse 1998-2007
                  http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=HGVBbjuLUGM
                  Harley 1998-2002
                  Breeze 1973-1982

Comment

I lost one dog (not dane) that I grew up with and considered her my sister (I'm an only child). I lost her a couple years ago and will never get over it. There are some that time just does not heal the pain, but I've learned to live with it. I pray you do too

"...none of us know what private hell or hardships the next person may have endured or faces even now. We should never aim even the tiniest arrow at a heart that may be more fragile than we know..." Janice

Comment

I'm so sorry you lost your baby. I hope things get better for you.
                      Dogs are not our whole life, but they make our lives whole.

Comment

Hi for me it never ends.But with every new life there is a meaning.I have at least ten erns on my dresser i dust every week and still cry.All my dogs were something special and it really is never easy to say goodbye. But you do get to the point when your driving down the road and you remember something so funny like when she stole ice cream off the counter and ran around with the carton on her face thats what helps me move on great memories.

Comment

You know, it's always tough to get over losing one of your babies...but ESPECIALLY hard when you lose them young and feel like life has robbed you of precious time.

About your husband...some people don't want to hear it because they don't want to show emotion. You know how guys are. That's okay but I feel it's good to talk about it with other people. With time the "talking about it" will get better but your heart will never stop missing Oscar.
                          June, Bumper (deaf & blind), Joey, Daisy, and Angel Ann (deaf)
                          RIP Dakota Blue Moon
                          Oct 27, 2006, Oct 01, 2012

"I'd tell ya...but I'd have ta lick ya"
                          sigpic

Comment

It dulls with age.....with time, but the hurt is still there. It proves that we are human, that we care so deeply. For me, it is the love of another pup, the warm breath on your neck, and knowing that I'm doing it all over again, because I, like you, care.

Andi

Comment

I lost Josh 11 years ago and Molly in October 2008 and I still think about them and get sad thinking about them,and then laugh when I think of something funny they did.

Doug
                              sigpic

Comment

Working...
                              X