Do you let your dane sleep in your bed?

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• TonyGarcia
    started a topic Do you let your dane sleep in your bed?

Do you let your dane sleep in your bed?

I do lol. I didnít want to let her but when we brought her home she was so scared and that night she didnít want to sleep in her bed. So being the softie I am I let her sleep with my girlfriend and I. Marilyn slept on top of my head all night lol and now she sleeps with us every night. She used to sleep in between us but now we have got her to sleep at the foot on the bed. It was so funny when she was smaller she couldnít get on the bed we had to help her up. My girlfriend wanted to her get her some doggie steps .

• Cocoamax1
    replied
    My Zeke is 3 months old now, I work from home and am up at 4am. He would be so active in the morning I could not hear my passengers on the phone. So I would bring him in the bedroom with my husband and put him on the bed and he would go right to sleep. Now on weekend mornings he gets up early so I bring him in with us and he insists that he use my arm as a pillow. But he sleeps an extra 2-3 hrs. I know I'm asking for trouble later but I love cuddling with my dogs. lol

Leave a comment:

• kahluadanes
    replied
    They do make custom size mattresses.. I have no idea how much they cost or exactly where ot get them, but I have seen them advertised.

Leave a comment:

• yttkuarLily
    replied
    We found Lily when she was only 3 months old...or should I say, she found us? About 27 lbs then and we had a dble mattress...HAD! Over the next several months as she grew and grew, we went to a king size. She had a full futon in the room with us, but she preferred our bed with us. Her rowdy tantrums before settling down looked like a race course between the futon and our bed. She has since settled down now that she is 13 months old...sort of anyway. We have a guest house over the garage and some nights we sleep there, if we really want to sleep! She is a wonderful bed partner cuddling between us or on one side, or at the foot of the bed, or on our pillows as we creep to the bottom of the bed...or... Those long legs as she stretches are weapons. She usually wakes about 2:30 to go out. Of course, part of my house training for her has included ME going out with her and then rewarding her when she is done. Still doing that too. I guess she won't go unless I go with her.
    All in all, my wife and I miss her when we use the guest house or go away for a night or two. She loves to be with us at night and I think she even sleeps better too. Do they make bigger mattresses than King size?

Leave a comment:

• sarie07@gmail.com
    replied
    Thank you!! Sometimes I forget she isn't a human. These forums are so helpful!!

Leave a comment:

• kahluadanes
    replied
    Don't give in to the barking, don't acknowledge it in any way.... she will stop... it may take a few nights but it will happen.

Leave a comment:

• sarie07@gmail.com
    replied
    Help! I let my Dane sleep in my bed (I adopted her two months ago) and now I get ZERO sleep. I've contemplated getting her a toddler bed or a love seat because she loves being up off the ground (even when she gets all the best comforters), but now she won't stay off my bed when I am trying to sleep. I attempted to put her in her kennel one night and all she did was bark. I made a big mistake and now I'm not sure how to fix the problem. Any suggestions would be so appreciated!!

Leave a comment:

• LoMax
    replied
    I wash my bedding, everything, 2-3 times a week.

Leave a comment:

• bigpup
    replied
    We have always allowed Ailill on the bed, but now because of summer, he sleeps on his lovely velour bed in our room. He still does get up early in the morning and comes on the bed to lick my nose and say good morning. And we have a ramp for him (yeah I know ) so as soon as I hear those paws on the ramp, that's my cue to roll over so he can see my face. If my face is buried in the pillow, he whines and chews my hair until I roll over to recieve his kisses.

Leave a comment:

• faust
    replied
    Faust sleeps with us normally at the foot of the bed. He sheds very little and I strangely have yet to find his hairs on any of my clothes or sheets. I am sure that will change once he looses his puppy coat tho.

Leave a comment:

• MistyLyn
    replied
    Originally posted by clydesdale View Post
    a no from me...I have one child and would like to have another at some point.... won't happen with him there...awkward
    LOLOL....I was SOOOO going to broach that subject, but (believe it or not), I refrained.

Leave a comment:

Guest replied
    No, Thor still sleeps in his crate b/c he isn't out of the chewing stage yet. He's only in there about 6 hours. Hubby stays up late and kids get up at 6 am to let him out and feed him.

Leave a comment:

• HogansMommy
    replied
    He never starts there, but by morning I have two dogs and two kids in the bed. Hogan thinks I don't notice when he scoots himself on the bed.

So this morning I woke up in my little corner of the bed, Hogan laying across the top of the bed with his head on my shoulder his body on top of the pillows, my son next to me using Hogan as a pillow, Katie at the foot of the bed wrapped around Twigs. No wonder my neck is sore!

Leave a comment:

• Steeler Jackson
    replied
    Steeler usually sleeps in his bed on the floor in my room...sometimes on Saturday and Sunday mornings he is allowed to get up in my bed (just to keep him sleeping past 6am and for a little snuggle time)

How do you all do it with the shedding in the bed?? I don't mind not having room but my blankets would be covered in little black dog hairs if he slept in the bed every night! LOL.

Leave a comment:

• Buford77
    replied
    No, Heinrich sleeps in his bed in our room.

Leave a comment:

Working...
X