No announcement yet.

Do you let your dane sleep in your bed?

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Do you let your dane sleep in your bed?

I do lol. I didnít want to let her but when we brought her home she was so scared and that night she didnít want to sleep in her bed. So being the softie I am I let her sleep with my girlfriend and I. Marilyn slept on top of my head all night lol and now she sleeps with us every night. She used to sleep in between us but now we have got her to sleep at the foot on the bed. It was so funny when she was smaller she couldnít get on the bed we had to help her up. My girlfriend wanted to her get her some doggie steps .
    sigpic

That is a hilarious picture.
    Deacon sleeps with us. I prefer that hubby sleep on the sofa so Deacon can have the other half. Cause when hubby sleeps in the bed Deacon works his way closer to me and I get no sleep cause my feet end up on top of him and he stretches about every 30 minutes it seems. Then i get a big ole foot in my fanny and that gradually pushes me closer and closer to the edge.
    And our bed is a highboy.

Gunny sleeps with my daughter and Lacey sleeps on the floor in a dog bed. She is too small and if she fell out of the bed onto the hardwoods, I would hate to think what would happen to her. All other dogs sleep outside.
    --Vickie--
    sigpic

Deacon - Harl born 2-10-09
    Noodle - Black born 7-4-09

Comment

Our dogs sleep with me when DH isn't home...
      Melisa, Bentley and Ella
      www.landmarkdanes.weebly.com

CH Divine Acres Livin' in the Fast Lane "Bentley"

Divine Acres Busy Being Fabulous "Ella"

sigpic

Comment

[QUOTE=Diamond T Farm;417455]That is a hilarious picture.
        QUOTE]

I know. Debinsd took if for me great shot.

but i know what you mean about bed hog Marilyn did the same thing
        sigpic

Comment

Absolutely. She gets comfortable and will migrate from the foot of the bed to the spot right next to me. Although Nova doesn't need them, I do have some cool doggy stairs for my smaller mix breed pup. They all sleep on the bed btw.
          " Ya lay down with dogs... ya wake up with fleas... a small price to pay."

" Smooches to da' pooches!"

Comment

Originally posted by TOKDL View Post
            Absolutely. She gets comfortable and will migrate from the foot of the bed to the spot right next to me. Although Nova doesn't need them, I do have some cool doggy stairs for my smaller mix breed pup. They all sleep on the bed btw.
            I'm just glad im not the only one that lets there dogs sleep in the bed. lol
            sigpic

Comment

Deja does sometimes when hubby is working (he works nights) but... if he is home God forbid. I have enough trouble with fitting in the bed with hubby (bed hog) and its a queen sized water bed, he is 6'6" and hangs off the edge as it is. With Deja in bed with both of us...I would have to sleep on the floor.

Deja loves going to grandma's house for a sleep over, because she gets to sleep in the bed. But...her problem is she does me like another dog (the head to butt thing) and boy it is not fun waking up with a dane butt in your face after she passes gas especially.
              *Janel (thats me)
              sigpic
              Jazmin *Jazy* 18 months R.I.P
              Queeta 17 yrs old R.I.P
              DeJa-vu *Deja* (born 1/19/09)
              Duece *Bubba 3-4 yrs

Comment

Both our dogs sleep on the bed with us... Giovanni used to stay on the bed all night but now, with summer here, he cuddles with me for 10-20 minutes and then migrates to his bed on the floor. He comes back up when it's time to wake up. When we get our girl, she'll be on our bed too... We're buying a king size bed when we move into our new home :P

Comment

Oh heck yes! The more the merrier

Daph and Ross always slept with me, but the last year of Daph's life she couldn't get up there anymore

Ross either sleeps with me or Chandler now and Ava is GLUED to me in the bed.lol
                  sigpic
                  www.rescuemetugz.com

Michele, Roscoe, Ava, Romeo, (RIP Daphne)
                  http://www.onetruemedia.com/shared?p=732e92418610139ae96918&skin_id=701&utm_so urce=otm&utm_medium=text_url
                  Be part of the solution by not being part of the problem. NO BYB's!!

Comment

Well I dont feel so bad now... my folks always said that I'd never get a "significant other sleeping with all those dogs on the bed". At least I'm not the only one. Although many couples I know share the bed with their pups too.
                    " Ya lay down with dogs... ya wake up with fleas... a small price to pay."

" Smooches to da' pooches!"

Comment

Romeo slept with us. Sometime in the middle of the night he would get mad at us and get down and sleep on his bed. And other times it was the other way around he would start out on his bed then get up on our bed in the middle of the night....maybe he got lonley down there! If the bf wasn't home he stayed in the bed the whole night. Boy I miss my cuddle bug and little heater. I'm always freezing so he kept me warm.
                      sigpicGreat Danes are like potato chips you can't have just one! Jessica & Romeo

Comment

a no from me...I have one child and would like to have another at some point.... won't happen with him there...awkward

Comment

No, but they do sleep in our bedroom. At one point, Duke had a big bed on the floor, but when Samson came along, they both ripped it apart. So now there is a big pile of blankets on the floor, but they pretty much park it wherever on the carpet, usually on my side of the bed so I end up accidentally stepping on them when I get up in the middle of the night. It's like sleeping with land mines around you.

Comment

Krypt slept with us from day one. I put her dog bed on the floor next to the bed and if she gets hot of uncomfortable, or we are uncomfortable, either she will go on her bed herself or we can send her there.

We actually got a bigger bed just to accommodate the three of us!

She usually sleeps at the foot of the bed, but as soon as Brian gets out of bed in the morning to go to work, she moves up next to me and snuggles under my arm.

I could not imagine sleeping without a dog in the bed.

Comment

Wow, I don't know how you all do it! I have two little poomalt mutts that sleep with us in a king size bed and my husband is always complaining that we need a bigger bed. Our st poodle sleeps on his own bed, right beside our bed. Abagail has her own room with a full size bed, and is more than happy to be left alone to snooze.
                              sigpic~Veronica~ (the human, not the dog!)

Comment

Working...
                              X