Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Does this collar/leash look like a good idea?

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Does this collar/leash look like a good idea?

I found this collar/leash that looks quite interesting! Thought I might want to try it out, except for the fact that it's a long leash; Just wondered if maybe sooooomebody (hint*hint*DaphneAndRoscoe*) could create one made with a Traffic Lead??!!
    Just sparked my interest What do y'all think?
    http://www.dog.com/item/mendota-big-dog-walker/
    sigpic"Don't accept your dog's admiration as conclusive evidence that you are
    wonderful."
    --Ann Landers

The more I use them the more I'm becoming a fan of the gentle leader!

Comment

Looks pretty interesting! You could rig up your own, though, by getting a traffic lead and a martingale collar.
      Katie & Scarlett
      sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by Scarlett's Mum View Post
        Looks pretty interesting! You could rig up your own, though, by getting a traffic lead and a martingale collar.
        Heeeey, now THERE'S an idea! Didn't even think'a that. I'll just have to try that! Thanks lady!
        sigpic"Don't accept your dog's admiration as conclusive evidence that you are
        wonderful."
        --Ann Landers

Comment

I don't use this style of leash exactly, but I have more kennel leads than I have dogs, and find them extremely useful. I keep one in the car at all times, and several around the door for emergency potty breaks or unexpected visitors.

With my Aussies, these are great, because they take hours to dry after a bath, and I leave the collars off until they're completely dry. For Danes, I like the idea of these leads, because the loop opens up more than a martingale, so that they're easier to pull on/off. Great for a growing puppy - I had to cut Stavro's first martingale off, because even though it fit with room to spare, I couldn't get it back over his head.
          sigpic
          Stavro at 12 Weeks

Comment

That would work good for Krypt's competitions since she cant have her collar on with her tags.

Comment

It looks interesting. I would love to have seen a pic of one on a dog to see what it would actually look like.
              sigpic

Comment

I have a few. They are nice if your dog dosn't wear a collar all the time because you can just call them, slip it over their head and off you go with your collar and leash. I use a kennel lead of this same make at the dog shows and I love it. Almost everyone in my area uses them. They are easy to get on and off and quick. I like them.... I guess it what I am trying to say.... lol

Comment

It looks just like a Martingale type collar to me, but designed as a whole with the leash. I've never used that type, so don't have anything good or bad to say. It is kinda cool looking and seems easy to use. I always use a Gentle Leader.

Comment

Working...
                  X