Update on the raccoon...

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Update on the raccoon...

So...I was going to take the baby raccoon to a rehabilitation place today..but...last night we came home and Goofy killed it!!! I don't think he meant it, he was probably just playing with it. I was sooo mad and I am still mad, he did fine with it so I was just sooo hurt he would hurt my little baby. I was already attached to it, I held it in a blanket and rubbed it til it when to sleep and fed it with a bottle! I'm still mad at him and he knows it, he knew he did something bad as soon as we walked in the door, he had that look in his eye. I put him outside and left him out there for a little bit and he hasn't tried to love me since. I guess I just have to get over it...that's just what dogs do...
    Writing this just makes me want to cry!
    sigpicThings are doing great!!!

I'm really sorry to hear that.

As you said, Goofy might not even realize he was hurting him until it was too late...

Hope you feel better soon...
    - Victoria -
    Proud mother of Jethro (born 03/11/2009)
    sigpic

Comment

Yeah...it was my fault though for not putting the coon in it's box..

Comment

that's terrible. I glad you realize that it's your fault, no your pup's. Please don't continue to punish your dane because you failed to watch him.
        sigpic
        What Tucker's up to now: http://greatdanetucker.blogspot.com/

Comment

I am so sorry for your loss... I know how attached you can get to baby... of any kind, man it doesn't take long to love them.. alot of time danes seem to think they are as small as what they are playing with and don't even realize they could ever hurt something else... Again sorry you are going through this tragedy..

Comment

Originally posted by TuckersMomma View Post
            that's terrible. I glad you realize that it's your fault, no your pup's. Please don't continue to punish your dane because you failed to watch him.
            Agree.
            Katie & Scarlett
            sigpic

Comment

PLEASE call that rehab center and have the baby coon's remains tested for parasites or disease!! If that baby bit Goofy, or if Goofy inadvertently got saliva in his mouth or bit the baby racoon, you could have more problems on your hands than just the untimely death of that little guy.

Comment

I'm sorry you lost your little raccoon. Whatever Goofy was doing with him try not to be mad at him. Maybe he tried to be easy but got too rambunctious? I would be in tears too.
                June, Bumper (deaf & blind), Joey, Daisy, and Angel Ann (deaf)
                RIP Dakota Blue Moon
                Oct 27, 2006, Oct 01, 2012

"I'd tell ya...but I'd have ta lick ya"
                sigpic

Comment

You left your dog loose and alone with a wild animal? A baby wild animal?

I'm honestly stunned. The likelihood of that not ending up badly for one or both of them is slim.

Comment

Well i have a lot of little animals in my home and Goofy does fine with them. I think it was a jealousy thing now that i have thought about it. But it was my fault and thanks for the condolenses from most of you. It was already picked up and being tested! Will find out in a few days. I'm not punishing him i was just upset, i took him for a walk today and trained with him a bit and made him feel like nothing happened. Anyways thanks though.

Comment

I'm sorry too for the little baby raccoon, but do agree they shouldn't have been left alone together. When we had our cats and left the house, they were always put up from the Dane at the time. Dogs left together can also get into it. You just never know what can happen when you are not there......
                      Linda and Rocky
                      sigpic
                      Jesse 1998-2007
                      http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=HGVBbjuLUGM
                      Harley 1998-2002
                      Breeze 1973-1982

Comment

yeah i know, it sucks. Shouldn't have been so stupid. He is great with the cats. Is always gentle and let's them sleep with him and they are always together.

Comment

I am very sorry to hear this. I know you were really trying to do what was best for the little guy and did not mean for this to happen.

The one thing I have learned about cats throughout my life is they are deceptively rubbery. I have seen cats bounce back from amazing things like nothing ever happened.
                          sigpic

Comment

Thanks i needed that. Some people where turning it around on me. Yeah but he doesn't play hard with them, he just pushes them around.

Comment

So sorry to hear that it ended this way. I know how easy it is to get attached to little cute things. Pup probably was just playing and didn't realize that even a giant paw can hurt. Cheer up sweety, all things happen for a reason, and maybe there is something else out there that needed that little coons space in your heart and home.
                              Vicki

Comment

Working...
                              X