Pooper scoopers!!!

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Pooper scoopers!!!

I had to post about my most recent "find". We have our lab, Willow, and have been babysitting the neighbor's lab, Maggie. The poop is my LEAST favorite part of the whole dog ownership thing, though, as I am the one who has the distinguished honor of "resident pooper scooper." So....I was sifting through the PennySaver (a small booklet of classified ads) and found a "service". I was convinced it would be WAY out of our price range, but out of desperation, I called anyway. Get this--only $10 a week for TWO DOGS!! They come out, clean up all the poop, disinfect all their tools with something that kills parvo (vet recommended--I checked), and will even walk the dog if you're not home for a few more dollars. Shoot...I can't even get my 13 year old to scoop for $10 a week! I asked if the price would go up when we bring Chaucer home (since Maggie will go back to HER home, we'll still have only two), and she said no, that she does the homes of other danes, and it's the same price. I am sooooooo happy!!! How SAD is that?? HAPPY about Pooper Scoopers!!!

They would have probably charged me tripple last week with Steeler's massive attacks!! The neigbors looked at me like "what are you feeding that dog" lol...I am glad thats over now!

$10 a week is amazing...they must really enjoy poo!
    sigpicSteeler and Kelly

He is your best friend, your partner, your defender, your dog.
    You are his life, his love, his leader.
    He will be yours faithful and true, to the last beat of his heart.
    You owe it to him to be worthy of such devotion.
    ~Anonymous

Comment

That is a very good price. I wish I only had to scoop once a week though, I am stuck doing it every 2 days...... That would very quickly add up.
      sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by Paradis View Post
        That is a very good price. I wish I only had to scoop once a week though, I am stuck doing it every 2 days...... That would very quickly add up.
        Lol everyday here or my house would be buried in!!

Comment

Hmm....so I might have to consider twice a week......

Comment

I am constantly picking it up, and of course I am the only one that picks it up. Brian insists on running it over with the lawn mower, or his newest thing is to spray it with water into the lawn....

With the way Krypt is, I or anybody else would never find all the anyways...today I caught her going on the fancy mulch we just put down yesterday in the gardenbed! And it blended in well too. Once again...

There are a few of those services around here and I was surprised to see how cheap they actually were too!

Comment

Originally posted by Firetiger View Post
              Brian insists on running it over with the lawn mower, or his newest thing is to spray it with water into the lawn....
              OMG, so my husband isn't the ONLY one who does this? Drives me NUTS!! Although, there was a moment of poetic justice last weekend.... Mike (dh) went out and was using a string trimmer, hit a pile and was SPRAYED. Yeah, right to the shower and none too happy, but did I have a giggle at his expense.

Comment

That sounds like an awesome service!

My only piece of advice is that you should be out there with your pup to monitor the poop and see how he's doing healthwise.

And what is it with men and their FEAR of dog poop????
                Katie & Scarlett
                sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by Scarlett's Mum View Post
                  That sounds like an awesome service!

My only piece of advice is that you should be out there with your pup to monitor the poop and see how he's doing healthwise.

And what is it with men and their FEAR of dog poop????
                  Believe it or not, they leave me a "report" of the state of the !! They even say that if there appears to be a problem and we're not home, they will collect and leave a stool sample. Very thorough...lol.

Point taken, however! I don't anticipate the puppy being out at ALL by himself, so I'm sure I'll soon be a contributor to the numerous poop threads.
                  Last edited by MistyLyn; 06-22-2009, 11:35 AM.

Comment

Originally posted by MistyLyn View Post
                    OMG, so my husband isn't the ONLY one who does this? Drives me NUTS!! Although, there was a moment of poetic justice last weekend.... Mike (dh) went out and was using a string trimmer, hit a pile and was SPRAYED. Yeah, right to the shower and none too happy, but did I have a giggle at his expense.

Its asking too much of Brian to edge the lawn, cutting it is a chore enough. And half the time I tell him to do it, he makes the kid next door do it. I feel so bad for that kid.

I just dont know why they dont think ahead before doing these things...if theres a pile Brian's shoe finds it. It never fails. He can see the dog 'ing and then walk right in it a minute later.

Next time he goes outside barefoot, Ill have to take a video of his crap dance!

Comment

Pooper scoopers!!!

Mike (dh) went out and was using a string trimmer, hit a pile and was SPRAYED. Yeah, right to the shower and none too happy, but did I have a giggle at his expense.
                      !!! That would be my son, and in between the backyard and the house, there would be a lot of "I hate you, Gibson's"

Mistylyn, I am still crying from laughing about that one, I can see that happening to your DH. I am sure it our fault that, that happens too. When I cut the grass, I do try and get up all the Poo. I have missed some.
                      sigpic "To err is human, to forgive, canine." Unknown

Susan & Gibson

Comment

Originally posted by sminturn View Post
                        I am sure it our fault that, that happens too. When I cut the grass, I do try and get up all the Poo. I have missed some.
                        LOL...YEP!! Now I can blame it on the scoopers!!!

Comment

Believe it or not, they leave me a "report" of the state of the !! They even say that if there appears to be a problem and we're not home, they will collect and leave a stool sample. Very thorough...lol.

Point taken, however! I don't anticipate the puppy being out at ALL by himself, so I'm sure I'll soon be a contributor to the numerous poop threads.
                          POOP REPORT?! Hell, send them my way! I'd love to have a break from pooper scooping. Being a single puppy mummy, it alllll falls to me. Good thing my boyfriend is moving back from Edmonton soon, so he gets to catch up on all his daddy duties (foremost among them being pooper scooping!).
                          Katie & Scarlett
                          sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by Scarlett's Mum View Post
                            POOP REPORT?! Hell, send them my way! I'd love to have a break from pooper scooping. Being a single puppy mummy, it alllll falls to me. Good thing my boyfriend is moving back from Edmonton soon, so he gets to catch up on all his daddy duties (foremost among them being pooper scooping!).
                            WOOHOO on the BF coming home!! When I met my hubby, he was living in England, and those weeks apart were HELL. Scarlett, look out honey, daddy's comin' home!!

Comment

This is hilarious!!! My hubby always seems to find the poo with his feet too. I have to pick up every single day and I do also try not to miss any. But when it's time to cut the grass (every week!) the hubby tries to come up with new ways to make the lawnmower eat the poo. He doesn't even have to pick it up and he still tries this!! Drives me nuts. The weed eater comment is awesome. So funny.

Comment

Working...
                              X