My Poor Personal Life...

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• My Poor Personal Life...

How in the world do you continue to have a "personal life" when all you want to do is hang out with your dog? I can't even find time to clean my house because every day of the weekend I find something new I want to try with Merle. Today we are going to a local historic site with acres of trails where once a month you can bring your dog and walk around. It is apparently the 140th anniversary of the site and there will be games today for humans and dogs alike. Yesterday was spent at the park and at the beach. Where am I supposed to find time to do anything not dog-related? Oh well...I guess my house will just stay dirty! Anybody else's personal life suffer because of the Danes?
    sigpic

I would have to say it is like having a newborn baby again! When our daughter was born, our lives changed so much, and now with 2 Danes, it's the same thing. We find ourselves declining invitations because we can't leave the dogs too long in their crates. I do feel like I am missing all my girls nite outs, but it's okay. It's nice to hang with my dane babies.
    sigpic
    Jasper & Molly

Facebook

Comment

I am doing the same thing. For 4th of July weekend my husband wants to go to Panama City to scuba dive. I am not going to go because I cant leave my dogs that long. My outside dogs would be fine to have someone check on them once a day and the ferrets would be fine for once a day checks, and Lacey could stay with my mother, but Deacon and Gunny are house dogs. I dont have a friend close enough where I can just drop them off and know they are safe. I have a friend who does pet sitting but she would want 20 bucks a day per dog.....
      --Vickie--
      sigpic

Deacon - Harl born 2-10-09
      Noodle - Black born 7-4-09

Comment

I am the same way! All of my time, energy and money goes into Scarlett and I have not much left to offer anyone else! Good thing I like my dog better than I like most of the people I know.

If I worked from home, I wouldn't mind going out for the evening more often, but since she is crated all day, I just feel way too guilty making her stay in the crate all evening, too. Besides, she'd make sure I paid for it for the next two days.
        Katie & Scarlett
        sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by Scarlett's Mum View Post
          If I worked from home, I wouldn't mind going out for the evening more often, but since she is crated all day, I just feel way too guilty making her stay in the crate all evening, too. Besides, she'd make sure I paid for it for the next two days.
          Ditto. I also felt like I had a newborn until Capone reached about a year old, and I wouldn't go out in the evening if he was alone during the day. But it's getting better! I am leaving him alone longer and he is fine with it because he's turning into a couch potato at 18 months. (Well he's USUALLY fine with it...but he's not crated anymore, he's just out in the livingroom/kitchen.) I also would rather hang out with Capone than most people anyway though...but I never was a homebody until this dog!
          sigpic
          Jules
          Capone & Sookie

Comment

Had to laugh -- my personal life *IS* my Danes! Sorry for friends and family who think they can demand my time, but my canine family comes first!
            Lissa's furkids: Jupiter (RIP), Merlot (RIP), Savannah, and Poet
            sigpic
            Visit them at: http://www.lissa.net/Joya/
            MAGDRL: http://www.magdrl.org/
            AKC CGC Evaluator #9661 since 2003
            Feeding RMB since 2001

Comment

And the best part is that a dog doesn't care how clean the house is.

I'm the type that can always find something else to do besides cleaning or getting a project done around the house. It almost always includes my dog.

Get out and have fun!

Comment

Jethro's pretty much the center of our universe, and he wouldn't have it any other way!...

I can't imagine ever having a vacation without him. How will he take being without us for a couple of days? How will I take being without him for a couple of days?

Does any of the hotel chains allow dogs in their rooms? If we take him with us on an airplane, can he sit in the people seat? I wouldn't mind paying for an extra ticket to have him fly with us, he's practically people size anyways.

I'm in paranoid-mode again. Gotta go offline and play with Jethro...
                - Victoria -
                Proud mother of Jethro (born 03/11/2009)
                sigpic

Comment

My Poor Personal Life...

that is true about the dogs don't care what the house looks like. Right now, I have torn up toy stuffing on my den floor, and the dogs toys are all over the den floor. I keep picking them up and putting them in the basket, and they end up all over the floor again.

I am going to sweep up the toy stuffing, in a minute. In fact, when I clean up and move my couches, we find all the bones, that I had at the beginning of the week under the couch. It is like a savnenger hunt every weekend!!

If I did not go to school, I would be at home with my dogs. In fact, I just started back to school this semester (summer), I feel bad because I spoiled my dogs taking them to the park twice a day, now we go once a day because my classes start early in the morning. I don't even meet up with friends after school, to study because I want to go home to be with my guys!!!
                  sigpic "To err is human, to forgive, canine." Unknown

Susan & Gibson

Comment

Originally posted by luvnlibby View Post
                    And the best part is that a dog doesn't care how clean the house is.

I'm the type that can always find something else to do besides cleaning or getting a project done around the house. It almost always includes my dog.

Get out and have fun!
                    I can always find something else to do too..even if I didn't have a dog! I've always believed a house should look lived in. Life is too short. I've never seen a tombstone that read " Here lies ***** her house was always soooo clean" I'm cleaning today Hey, I'm old..I need to take alot of breaks. As my Grandma used to say "Give it a kiss and a promise"
                    and then go play with the dog. Darn it...gotta get back to cleaning. Grrrrr

Comment

I either work or hang out with my dogs. I agree with Lissa, they are my social life.

- They always want to do what I want to do.
                      - They both want to help around the house and do home improvement projects. Imagine ... I am on a ladder installing a ceiling fan and Murrray is standing on my bed giving me kisses.
                      - They always think you are on time.
                      - It doesn't matter what you wear or how you look, they will always enjoy being seen on your arm.

Really, do you need much else?
                      sigpic
                      Lori, Desi & Grimm
                      RIP my beloved Murray 5/17/07-09/13/12
                      Join Boise Danes ... https://www.facebook.com/#!/group.ph...66337846714730
                      Proud to be a Boise State Bronco!

Comment

Originally posted by joyable View Post
                        Had to laugh -- my personal life *IS* my Danes! Sorry for friends and family who think they can demand my time, but my canine family comes first!
                        LOL!! Yuppers!! If I can't take Isa, I prolly wont go...

I am supposed to go to AZ to visit family in Oct... Mom now realizes that if there is a problem with having Isa with me.. I am not coming! or I will get a hotel room! of course.. now I have the issue of how to get her there??? can i take her inside the plane if I buy her a ticket???? or do they ride in cargo? how comfy is that?? can I ride in cargo with her?

anyway... if i am not working, i am with Isa (and sometime DH, LOL) if I am not outside with her, or in the car, I am online talking about her cause she is sleeping

I really gotta clean the house..... DH should be home next week... LOL
                        sigpic A dog has the soul of a philosopher ~ Plato

Comment

OMG you guys this is so great to read!!!! I feel the same way!! I have had friends that rolled their eyes when I would say I had to go home because my dogs have been in their pens all day-my real friends now ask then say-"Oh that's right-THE DOGS" HAHA!! When my oldest-now seven-was a baby I would never leave her long in her crate-I could have cared less about a social life-one look at that puppy face when i ran in the door was enough for me!! Danes are just different-it is hard to just run in, let them out, then leave again-they need to be with their people-I waited until I was very settled down to get my dogs-they are my family...I also cannot board my oldest-she does not do well away from home-the boys are great-they miss me but don't miss a meal when away-but my heart-my Ripley-she cannot take it-so I don't go!!! This is a great site-I have gotten so much information here-y'all take care!!

Comment

I will say that my closest friends (the human ones) now know that if they want to spend time with me, their best bet is to suggest Starbucks and they always say, "so you can bring Merle!" The not-so-close friends have fallen by the wayside, which is just fine with me! If you can't understand my obsession with my dog...well...not a whole lot of room for you!
                            sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by Faye413 View Post
                              I will say that my closest friends (the human ones) now know that if they want to spend time with me, their best bet is to suggest Starbucks and they always say, "so you can bring Merle!" The not-so-close friends have fallen by the wayside, which is just fine with me! If you can't understand my obsession with my dog...well...not a whole lot of room for you!
                              Isa LOVES Starbucks... the staff has spoiled her with whip cream and now Isa starts drooling as soon as she realizes where we are... luckily its a special treat for me as well, or we would both be in trouble :p
                              sigpic A dog has the soul of a philosopher ~ Plato

Comment

Working...
                              X