No announcement yet.

Flushed a Puppy??

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

This happened with a coworkers kid a couple years ago. The dog had puppies and he tried to flush both down the toilet. The mom found him doing it and grandpa did CPR and saved one of them. The dog only had 2 pups and it was a father/daughter mating @ young age.

Theres a mess of problems with the kid @ age 6. Its sad. We have alot of problems with our kid but never tried to kill anything. THANK GOODNESS!!!

Comment

Oh, I think a 4 year old is old enough to know its wrong, but not necessarily why. My daughter is 3 1/2 and she just doesnt totally grasp death or even always that certain things cause injury. Im just saying I dont know that this child was trying to flush the pup to drown or kill it, or even hurt it. Or, I wonder of he/she overheard someone talking about drowning unwanted pups?

Still, I dont understand how week old pups were even exposed to an unsupervised 4 year old

Comment

Originally posted by sminturn View Post
        I saw a thing on my local news this morning, that a 8 year old boy was being arrested for killing more then 19 cats.
        Not that it makes it any better, but he is 18.

A few months ago we were at a pet store/rescue group looking at a young doxie. We noticed a shirt on her, but didn't think much of it. The manager came over and told us her story - she was living w/ a 2 or 3 yr old and the toddler decided to give the pup a bath. The kid drew a scalding hot bath and dropped the pup into it. The poor doxie was scarred so bad, over half her hair was gone. They took the pup to the vet and asked to put it down - but they agreed to put it up for adoption at the vet's request.

Again, where were the parents? How does a kid draw a bath w/o a parent hearing it, and wouldn't you check to see what was going on?
        sigpic

Comment

I saw a thing on my local news this morning, that a 8 year old boy was being arrested for killing more then 19 cats.

AN 8 YEAR OLD BOY!!!!!!!!! Talk about where were the parents. I did not get the whole story I was leaving for school this morning. I was thinking of the Halloween Michael Meyers, that is what he first did in the movie, killed animals.

WOW 19 cats not all at the same time.
          That's how most serial killers start out. Killing animals as a child.

Just saw he was 18. He just got caught. Who knows how long he has been at it.
          Linda and Rocky
          sigpic
          Jesse 1998-2007
          http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=HGVBbjuLUGM
          Harley 1998-2002
          Breeze 1973-1982

Comment

Stories like that just make me sick!
            We used to own a really large preschool and some of the kids there I just know are going to end up on America's Most Wanted. As a matter of fact, one of the kids is nearly as old as I am now and he just got caught stealing cars And its in a really nice town with hardly any crime.
            And some of the parents never gave a hoot about their kids. They'd be talking on their cell phones and never even acknowledge their own child when they'd drop them off or pick them up.
            No wonder parents don't know where their kids are when they are flushing puppies or killing cats!

"...none of us know what private hell or hardships the next person may have endured or faces even now. We should never aim even the tiniest arrow at a heart that may be more fragile than we know..." Janice

Comment

How sad

Comment

he was 18

MIAMI A teenager accused of killing and mutilating cats in two South Florida communities must undergo a psychiatric evaluation before he is released from jail, a judge ruled Monday.

Tyler Hayes Weinman, 18, appeared at an afternoon bond hearing in a Miami-Dade County courtroom via videoconference, a day after he was charged with 19 counts each of animal cruelty and improperly disposing of an animal body and four counts of burglary related to the deaths.

Weinman wore a sleeveless, blue vest reserved for prisoners on suicide watch and occasionally shifted back and forth, at times appearing disinterested in the courtroom proceedings. Judge Mindy Glazer ruled Weinman must also wear an electronic monitoring device if he is released on bond, which was set at $249,500.

"I'm concerned about his safety and the safety of the community," Glazer said after ordering the evaluation.

Weinman is accused of the cat killings that terrorized residents of two south Miami-Dade County neighborhoods for about a month. The teenager, whose divorced parents live in both communities, was arrested over the weekend at a party. Police believe he is behind the deaths of more than a dozen cats, whose mutilated bodies were discovered by their horrified owners or other residents.

"It's trial by ambush," Weinman's attorney, David Macey, said. "It's anything goes so that they can have a body, a warm body, to solve these cat killings. My heart and my sympathy goes out to the owners of these pets, but unfortunately, it won't provide them any relief that Tyler's in custody. Tyler is innocent."

If convicted, Weinman, a recent high school graduate, could face a maximum sentence of 158 years in prison, State Attorney's Office spokeswoman Terry Chavez said.

Macey said his client had been kept awake for 24 hours and interrogated for eight hours, saying his client's case was being run with a "lynch mob mentality." Police have kept most of the details of the investigation under wraps.

"We did do some covert surveillance," Miami-Dade State Attorney Katherine Fernandez Rundle said. "I can't tell you how we did it yet. We did do some search warrants over the weekend, to search his home and seize evidence that may exist. I can't talk about it, because it's been sealed."

On his prom night a few weeks ago, authorities also whisked Weinman away in his tuxedo for an interview.

Police have also said the investigation is still open and hinted at the possibility of more arrests, but declined to name other suspects.

An arrest report shows Weinman was arrested for marijuana possession and driving with a suspended license on May 15 in a separate incident, just days after authorities said their investigation into the cat killings began. He was also twice arrested as a juvenile, but authorities have not released the details of those cases.

"The cat killings weren't something I expected of anyone who's sane," said friend Vincent Warger, 18. "With him he was a nice guy. He was friendly. It's such a violent thing. I just couldn't see it happening from him."

Friend Elliot Evins lives in the same neighborhood where many of the cats were killed and has two cats himself.

"He is not an angry person in the least bit. He's never erupted on anyone or shown anything that would make me nervous or be anything related to what he's accused of," Evins said of Weinman.

Experts say cruelty toward cats, as opposed to other animals, can fulfill a deeper need for control. Cats, unlike dogs, can be more difficult to control. They don't come when they're called and are often more independent, said Dr. Randall Lockwood of The American Society for the Prevention of Cruelty to Animals and author of "Forensic Investigation of Animal Cruelty."

if he was 8 that would be so scary shit.

AN 8 YEAR OLD BOY!!!!!!!!! Talk about where were the parents. I did not get the whole story I was leaving for school this morning. I was thinking of the Halloween Michael Meyers, that is what he first did in the movie, killed animals.

WOW 19 cats not all at the same time.
                sigpic

Comment

Working...
                X