Thank you all just for being you

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Thank you all just for being you

I'm sipping my coffee after walking earl,still dark out and have a little time before I hit the road. I just want to tell all of you how glad I am that I got this thing and can get a big dane fix everyday. Driving the truck through traffic and severe weather conditions and tight deadlines and getting lost is just part of the day. Earl is my job and only other people owned by their danes get it. Just knowing that help and info are there at the touch of a button gives me such peace of mind. I get great joy looking at photos of your danes and laughing and crying along with you. I see alot of other drivers playing games on their computer. You guys are my fix so thanks again for being here!
    Rose n Earl
    Last edited by earlsmom; 08-02-2009, 04:01 PM.
    sigpic

That was so nice! We are virtual buddies!!! Be careful on the road!
    Have to tell you though, that my 7 year old son..really wants to be truck driver...bad. We live in ohio between 80/90 and another busy hwy st rt 20, and he stares at the trucklights all night long...I told him about the truck driver and the great Dane on the road....he thought that was cool!
    sigpic
    Nichole Monahan
    www.ohiogreatdanerescue.org
    www.meetup.com/greatdane-nwohio/

Comment

That is very nice of you to say! This is a wonderful site and quite addicting You and Earl stay safe on the road
      sigpic
      www.rescuemetugz.com

Michele, Roscoe, Ava, Romeo, (RIP Daphne)
      http://www.onetruemedia.com/shared?p=732e92418610139ae96918&skin_id=701&utm_so urce=otm&utm_medium=text_url
      Be part of the solution by not being part of the problem. NO BYB's!!

Comment

Thanks Rose! I'm a stay at home Mom, so I also get on this site a lot. It does bring a smile to your face. Be careful on the road! :-)
        sigpic Brenda
        RIP Gibson 9/06 - 8/11
        Presley 8/96 - 11/06

Comment

You are a sweetheart Rose! You and Earl be careful on the road
          sigpicDante Von Thor

Comment

Be safe guys!

2 of my Uncles were truckers. I can remember getting mad when they'd leave after a visit....cuz I had just learned to climb up in the rigs by myself, lol! As a lil girl, I was always in awe of the big trucks. Still am to some degree, you shoulda seen the '87 Bronco I once had, lol.

The closest I've come to the big dogs is my current ride, a diesel 4wd Excursion.
            Stella (Merle), Zeus (Blue)
            Noogie-Boogie (Doxxie)
            Kasey (Pug aka: the turd)

The Felines: Precious, Chloe & Ray
            At the Bridge: Fluffy, Brandy, Tiffany, Gizmo, Woof, Scrappy, Duke, Shay, Cleo, Vader, Pepper, Conner

Comment

DOL is better than playing games!!! Be safe on your trips, the both of you.
              Linda and Rocky
              sigpic
              Jesse 1998-2007
              http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=HGVBbjuLUGM
              Harley 1998-2002
              Breeze 1973-1982

Comment

Obviously you haven't met most of us , neaner, neaner...J/K, thanks!
                sigpic
                Logan, Member GDCA and Past President GDCMF
                Int'l CH & AM GCH Legacys Killer Instinct, TT, CHIC (Kaos)
                www.lokenigreatdanes.com

Comment

What a nice post! And I have to agree DOL is better than computer games. If I could only go to one site online, it would definately be DOL. Have safe travels and hugs to Earl!
                  Melisa, Bentley and Ella
                  www.landmarkdanes.weebly.com

CH Divine Acres Livin' in the Fast Lane "Bentley"

Divine Acres Busy Being Fabulous "Ella"

sigpic

Comment

Thank you all for your replies. Its a scary time for the economy and freight has definitely slowed down cuz people aren't buying as much. There are a lot of new drivers out there now cause of people losing their jobs. But people will always need toilet paper and food! lol. My 2 legged son is grown and on his way to Hong Kong right now but my 4 legged son is with me all the time. Every day is an adventure for us...but then everyday with a great dane is an adventure!
                    Last edited by earlsmom; 06-16-2009, 01:05 PM. Reason: a duh moment
                    sigpic

Comment

I wish you safe travels, and I'm very glad you joined the forum! We're happy to have you! It's a great place!!
                      ~Laura~

Dori: 7 years (TDI, CGC), Toby: RIP SWEET BOY (CGC), Cami: 7 years (TDI, CGC)

sigpic

Comment

Love

all you crazy dog people. You're just like me!
                        No one else really gets it, huh?
                        sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by lwrees72 View Post
                          Obviously you haven't met most of us , neaner, neaner...J/K, thanks!
                          LMAOWe are glad to have you earlsmom.

Comment

Awww... how nice of you to say! Stay safe out on the road, and HUGZ to you and Earl!

Wave if you ever drive through Maryland!
                            Lissa's furkids: Jupiter (RIP), Merlot (RIP), Savannah, and Poet
                            sigpic
                            Visit them at: http://www.lissa.net/Joya/
                            MAGDRL: http://www.magdrl.org/
                            AKC CGC Evaluator #9661 since 2003
                            Feeding RMB since 2001

Comment

That is so nice and conveys much of the feeling that many of us have about this site. Hugs to you and Earl. Be safe!
                              sigpic
                              Lori, Desi & Grimm
                              RIP my beloved Murray 5/17/07-09/13/12
                              Join Boise Danes ... https://www.facebook.com/#!/group.ph...66337846714730
                              Proud to be a Boise State Bronco!

Comment

Working...
                              X