Movie Seven Pounds, Great Dane

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Movie Seven Pounds, Great Dane

My SO was watching the new Will Smith movie 7 pounds last night, and he said there was a Great Dane in it, but he wasn't sure if it was a Harlequin or Mantle, does anyone know? Not that it's important, but I love anything that makes him like Danes that aren't fawn or Brindle, since I want a Harl.

It was a mantle

Comment

The mantle dane is actually in the TV previews for the movie, so although I haven't seen the movie, I've already seen the dane!!!
      ~ Amber ~ Mommy to Zane & Regan (Danes), Jägermeister (Boxer), and Acosta (Kitty)
      Rocky Mountain Great Dane Rescue, Inc. www.rmgreatdane.org
      RAW Feeding since March 2008

Comment

Saw this post and had to go watch the trailer, heehee. Yep, a mantle <3
        sigpic
        Alice 5 months old
        ~*Bre*~

Comment

That movie was so sad..made me cry
          Our newest addition as of 3/17/09:
          http://s581.photobucket.com/albums/s...urrent=005.jpg

Comment

That's a good movie.. I was told I'd cry the whole time it was on, but I only cried when I saw the dog, especially when she is telling why she got him. I get way too sentimental about great danes! hah
            sigpic

-erin and ludo (5 years old)

Comment

Yep, he was a mantle. I cried too, that movie was sooo sad
              Last edited by Mira; 04-14-2009, 06:39 PM.
              Angie, proud mama to 1 Great Dane, Mira and 3 mixes, 1 cat, 3 snakes and fish...also mama to 3 y/o identical twin girls

Comment

I just picked this up at Costco today. Hope to see it soon! I remember seeing the trailer many months ago and at a glance the dane reminded me of one of Bev's avitar pics!
                June, Bumper (deaf & blind), Joey, Daisy, and Angel Ann (deaf)
                RIP Dakota Blue Moon
                Oct 27, 2006, Oct 01, 2012

"I'd tell ya...but I'd have ta lick ya"
                sigpic

Comment

SPOILER ALERT!!!

Well, maybe not that much of a spoiler. But was anyone else wondering who was taking care of that dog for half of the movie?? Neighbor, okay, sometimes, but she was in the other yard not paying any attention to the dog it seemed.

And that's when I realized that I am WAY too obsessed with making sure that Zinn is taken care of all the time--even if I'm terminally ill.
                  **Lindsey and Zinn**

Comment

I just watched this movie today! It was pretty depressing, but watching all the dane antics made me giggle. I was shocked that poor ol' Duke was left outside all the time!

And what does everyone think of his vegetarian tofu and broccoli diet?
                    Katie & Scarlett
                    sigpic

Comment

We just watched this last night. It was bittersweet and definitely provoked a lot of thought.

Originally posted by Scarlett's Mum View Post
                      And what does everyone think of his vegetarian tofu and broccoli diet?
                      I thought it was so cute and funny to see his owner take her fingers and flub his lips around trying to brush any leftover meat away! LOL! He's a beautiful dane!!
                      RIP Dakota Blue Moon

sigpic

Comment

I notice that about dogs and kids in movies and shows all the time! Who is taking care of it?? Does anyone watch Nip/Tuck? I'm only up to season 6 but who the heck is taking care of the baby??

As for the broccoli and tofu diet...I say GAS. Bleh!!

Comment

Originally posted by alicat613 View Post
                          As for the broccoli and tofu diet...I say GAS. Bleh!!
                          LMAO! You've got that right, sister!

Without giving a lot of the movie away, there was a scene and finally the DP and I looked at each other and said "Why in the h*ll was he left out all night long??" Only in the movies, I guess.

BTW, Does anyone know who owns this mantle??
                          RIP Dakota Blue Moon

sigpic

Comment

Working...
                          X