No announcement yet.

does having a dane make you insane? :)

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

This is bad, I hug and kiss my dane before my husband and the kids in the morning.

Comment

Originally posted by dtritz View Post
      This is bad, I hug and kiss my dane before my husband and the kids in the morning.
      Well, duh. I bet we all do that! Don't feel bad. Look at it this way. Our spouses and kids are probably sweeties 85% of the time and non-sweeties the rest of the time. Our danes are sweeties 99.9% of the time and its hard to beat that "cuteness" factor in a dane!
      sigpic
      Hank 02/07/2010
      Sam 08/25/2007 - 06/28/2013

Comment

Originally posted by Emily View Post

If your dane fell overboard and a stranger fell overboard in the middle of the ocean and you had to pick one to save, who would you choose?

EE

The stranger's, although it would be a decision that would break my heart. I love my dog fiercely, and yes have been thought of as crazy because I spoil him so...he really has the good life. Even so, a human life trumps an animal's anytime, in my book anyway. Look at it this way...if you're the one that's drowning, would you find it acceptable that the one person who could save your life chose his/her dog instead of you? Puts a whole 'nuther spin on it.

Cindy
        sigpic

Comment

I totally agree with everyone on here, I am this way with my Rotts and my Danes. Life revolves around feeding times, potty breaks, and getting home in time to potty after work. If they miss their feeding time by more than 2 hours we wait until the next feeding time comes around so to not mess up there digestion. We hardly ever go on vacation as I do not like leaving them, when we do we have my husbands brother come watch them so that they always have someone at the house. And I always get mad at him after we get back because he will feed them in the crate, and not elevate there food bowls, and leave, and I always dread doing this because he does not know the signs of bloat, and isnt the brightest orange in the bag. He called one time while we were gone saying Indy had gone into heat, she was only 6 months at the time, so she couldnt have been. He said Duke would just not leave her alone, (before the nueter), so I dropped everything I was doing left my parents house, raced to Topeka to pick up a diaper and pads, and was dreading coming home, because of the mess she had probably made in her crate. I get home, she is not swollen, not bleeding, and does not have any discharge at all!! I am still thinking about boarding at one of them pet hotels, but am still a little bit nervous.

The first time I left my Duke and Lucy at the vet to board, I left in tears, and could not even talk to the receptionist, and I was the same way when I went to pick them up. I spend more time worrying about my dogs than I do my husband, and the Danes sleep in between us at night, we have to have our time before they come to bed.

Everytime somebody starts talking about there kids I always relate their behaviors their kids do to the same things my dogs do, and cant help myself talking about them. And everytime they start talking about what food they feed I have learned to keep my mouth shut, because it only ends in an argurement. We are not insane people, we just love our dogs just like people love their kids! Answer to the question, I would definitely save my Dane or one of my Rotts, or Chin before the stranger. The other question, I am sure I would find a way to save my family member, and the Dane, even if I had to have somebody involuntarily volunteer, we would make it work.
          sigpic
          Lindsay, proud owner of Rotts, Brody and Lucy, Danes, Duke and Indy, and a Jap Chin, Romeo

Comment

Working...
          X