Can't find coat

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Can't find coat

I am having a hard time finding a coat to big enough for Kaiser. There is no place where I live that have them for anything bigger than a beagle. Any website suggestions?
    Thanks,
    Heather

I use old sweatshirts for mine. It keeps their front legs warm and their hind end free to do their business.

"...none of us know what private hell or hardships the next person may have endured or faces even now. We should never aim even the tiniest arrow at a heart that may be more fragile than we know..." Janice

Comment

Frankie sports a foal blanket when he's out and about in cool weather. I got it online and there is a huge array to choose from. Frankie is very patriotic in his stars and stripes.
      ~Patty~ I have the right to remain silent; I don't have the ability.

Comment

You might find something here www.etsy.com
        sigpic
        www.rescuemetugz.com

Michele, Roscoe, Ava, Romeo, (RIP Daphne)
        http://www.onetruemedia.com/shared?p=732e92418610139ae96918&skin_id=701&utm_so urce=otm&utm_medium=text_url
        Be part of the solution by not being part of the problem. NO BYB's!!

Comment

I put mine in either mens zipper sweatshirt (draw string waist to tuck it up to avoid getting peed on) or mens Columbia coat liners (draw string....) from a resale shop.

Much easier & cheaper than a dog coat & keeps their tummies warm too.

Comment

Check out Ebay..for foal blankets. Same as a "dog coat" but cheaper.

I've seen a picture of the patriotic coat Patty has and I'm looking for another just like it. Post that snazzy picture Patty if you can.

Dee
            sigpic

Comment

I don't know how to post pictures since the forum changed. It just this moment dawned on me that I think Ed's dirt bike forum is v-bulletin and he's posted dozens of pictures on it. Maybe he can show me how tonight.
              ~Patty~ I have the right to remain silent; I don't have the ability.

Comment

Our PetSmart carries XXL, and XL that both fit my danes.
                sigpic

Comment

Elle Woods just got a new coat.... hot pink of course!

A store by us had her size in black and brown... they said that most dogs that size are boys... Psh! So they special ordered us one in hot pink. It was fairly pricey, but I really like it. It's a horse blanket style, so it just lays over her and the straps go underneath, and then there's a velcro around the chest... nothing over the head or around the legs, like other coats. It makes it quick and easy to get on and off!

http://www.caninestyles.com/coats_horsereflective.php

There's a link to the site... Elle's is a size 30. It doesn't go quite alllll the way down her back, but it's close enough. (keep in mind, Elle is a petite 104 pounds!). But the straps are adjustable, so it shouldn't work for thicker boys and girls too!
                  Attached Files
                  sigpicOwned by Elle Woods - 2.5 years old!

Comment

I got coats for Lily and Finn here http://www.dogcoat.com/index.php?id=16 they look very similar to Elle Woods coat, but not in such cool colors!! Wish I'd found that site before, although I don't think they go big enough for Lils.
                    Tricia, and
                    sigpic
                    Finn - Wysiwyg's Celtic Warrior CGC RN
                    Phoebe - Wysiwyg's Celtic Secret of a Nightingale
                    and at the bridge, Lily (2.27.01 - 12.10.09)
                    www.cardiffarms.com

Comment

Originally posted by blueberry View Post
                      I got coats for Lily and Finn here http://www.dogcoat.com/index.php?id=16 they look very similar to Elle Woods coat, but not in such cool colors!! Wish I'd found that site before, although I don't think they go big enough for Lils.
                      I just ordered this coat for Magnum. Can't wait to get it. Thanks.
                      sigpic

Comment

Great Danes Coats

Hi, I saw your post regarding coats for great danes. I have started making and selling coats for danes, because I could never find one the right size. I am selling on ebay and etsy. But if you contact me I can get measurements and custom make one for your fur baby. I also make great dane size doggie diapers for our big girls for when they are in heat. They have tons of things available for small dogs, but nothing for our giant breed pups. So I worked up so patterns with some help of a friend and can now offer these to others in need. Hope this helps, feel free to contact me and I will answer any questions you have and even send pictures of my items. Hope this helps. Mom to Harley, Daisy, Titus (danes) and Katy and Toby (not danes)

Comment

I use zippered sweatshirts too.....with the drawstring bottom.......works great for us and we get all kinds of COOL ones at thrift stores for him!! He has ones with football teams logos, university logos, cute sayings, and just plain.......but they do work well.

I'm anxious to see the patriotic coat too Patty!!! Hurry with the pics!
                          sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by jheads96 View Post
                            I am having a hard time finding a coat to big enough for Kaiser. There is no place where I live that have them for anything bigger than a beagle. Any website suggestions?
                            Thanks,
                            Heather
                            Try www.doglogic.com. Lynnie Richards' site has many great giant sized items for Danes. Check out the coats as she has a woman who makes horse blankets customized for Danes. You'll see our Angel Penny modelling a blue one. She wore it for 8 years, and our rescue has worn it for 2 and it's still going strong after many washings and Dane antics. There are instructions on taking measurements to make sure it fits well. I had looked everywhere, too, and had even purchased a coat at PetSmart, but it never fit that well. We and several Dane owner friends have all been very satisfied with the coats.

Comment

the foal blankets work great for me too

Comment

Working...
                              X