Collapse
No announcement yet.

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Just wanted to thank those of you who were nice to me and gave me their ideas and opinions. I won't be posting here anymore. I will just come here to read and learn in that way as I have for some time now. Every time I posted I got attacked it seemed. From every direction. I don't know what I did to cause this, and don't see the reason for it.

I wish that those that are nasty to others would understand that your way isn't paved in gold. There isn't just one right or wrong way to do anything in this world, and that goes for dogs as well. Just because something works for you, doesn't mean it will work for others. Just because someone's opinion differs from others, doesn't mean that they are dead wrong. My dogs are very healthy and happy. How can I be such a horrible person. I know that when I have some experience under my belt, I won't criticize others because I think my way is the only way and any other way is unethical. I will be happy to help eager young people with tips and tricks that I have picked up along the way, as I hoped the people here would. I understand the need to educate people if they are doing wrong, but there is no need to be mean.

So, for all of you who were decent, and respectful...THANK YOU! You made my short time here somewhat worth it. I hope we can continue to chat outside of this forum.

Hi Bandi

I have just read through all your posts and related threads, and fail to see where someone might have offended you..

Online forums can often offend, as you are unable to see people's body language, and English is my (and probably a lot of other people's) second language, so things might come across a bit blunt.

I hope you stay, as I find this forum invaluable...
    sigpic

Comment

Brandi,
      I don't think we've crossed paths on the forum yet (I'm relatively new as well) but I'm sorry you have had a bad experience here. Sometimes overexuberance for Dane welfare can come off as lecturing or belittling (I'm guilty of it myself!) but I hope you will stay around and continue as a part of the community. No one here agrees 100%- sometimes the advice I get from my vet or breeder and what I hear on this forum don't exactly line up, but the spread of opinions and experiences gives me a fuller picture when making decisions about my Dane.
      I hope you'll reconsider...we would love to see more of you and Klassic.
      sigpic
      Paisley

Comment

Oh no! What happened? I too looked through the threads and could not find anything that souded too harsh. . . but your picture thread is missing... maybe someone made a bad comment on that? Well, I hope you decide to stay. Sometimes people get a little carried away on forums. There is a plethora of information here, you just have to read through the tones and harsh statements sometimes.
        sigpic

Comment

Did I miss something.
          I hope you reconsider Brandi, I want to hear all about Klassic and see him grow.

Elaine

Comment

I just went back thru your posting experience here to see if I could find any justification for your feelings about being "attacked."

Your question on potty training was answered very well I thought. I'm thinking because you didn't get the answers you wanted to the "Breeding without showing" thread you are now pulling the "hurt feelings attitude" of.. I won't post here anymore. Believe me not the first time I've heard that UNTIL something important comes up concerning health or temperament.

As far as the breeder you bought from..as I said the Dane community is a very small group of people who know how the cow ate the cabbage. To bad you couldn't read between the lines.

Dee
            sigpic

Comment

Hi Brandi,

I am a new member just like you, I am not sure what went wrong. Actually I am wondering what I missed? Just a rule of thumb that I always go by with registering on message boards, when you get advise from other people, sometimes things can sound "hard" when they are not meant too be. Typing always comes across "colder" then talking with someone personally. That is the internet and that is how it is. Like I said, if you feel you are being not treated well, then I wish you and Klassic the best. But all I can say is that I am new here and I have never had a Great Dane before and this is a very special and unique animal that comes with lots of questions from what I am learning. For the few posts I have done here these nice folks helped me out a bunch and I appreciate each one. Good luck with whatever you choose to do.
              Donna Campbell
              "Heinrich" - Dane
              "Frankee" - Bassett

Comment

Like I said in my original post, I know there are a lot of good people here. You know the old saying, a few bad apples ruins the whole bunch? That's how I feel. I used to love this site. Now I'm not so sure. It has nothing to do with me getting answers or opinions that I didn't like. I'm an adult, and act like one. I know that my opinion may differ from others, and I don't fly off the handle at someone when it does. My decision had nothing to do with what people wrote in my threads. It had to do with the pm's I received that were rude and immature. I won't post them, because I am more mature than that, but they know who they are. It isn't fair that people are dogged. You shouldn't have to turn the other cheek. You shouldn't have to put up with it. I feel like I do a great job with my dog. She is healthy and happy and that is what's most important. I will say this. This forum was very helpful for a bit. A lot of you are very nice people who can be mature and give opinions and accept them for what they are...an opinion! No one here has the "right" answer or the "right" way to do something. Those few individuals need to realize that, and get over themselves.

As far as my breeder, if there is something that I should know that I don't, please pm me. I don't want to get caught up in something I should stay away from.
                Last edited by BrandiNichole; 10-27-2008, 08:55 AM.

Comment

sorry to hear about your experience.
                  I have read on here of other folks receiving mean pm's that a shame
                  i am usually careful of what i reply to and questions i ask as well
                  but I mostly like reading others posts

Comment

If you got rude PM's you should send them to Debbie or Paul. Don't let that scare you away from the board!
                    sigpic

Comment

I agree that rude, mean spirited PMs should be sent to Paul or Debbie.

There is NO excuse for the cowards way out via a PM.. if a person has something to say. I've been known to be blunt {some would use another word I'm sure } but if I have something to say I spit it out.

Don't let anybody drive you away from a great place to learn all about the Dane breed. That's what we are here for. The members that post here are trying to help. Most have been there where the newcomer is now and I know for one.. I would have given anything when I started out for a site like DOL.

Dee
                      sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by Devil Dog View Post
                        I agree that rude, mean spirited PMs should be sent to Paul or Debbie.

There is NO excuse for the cowards way out via a PM.. if a person has something to say. I've been known to be blunt {some would use another word I'm sure } but if I have something to say I spit it out.

Don't let anybody drive you away from a great place to learn all about the Dane breed. That's what we are here for. The members that post here are trying to help. Most have been there where the newcomer is now and I know for one.. I would have given anything when I started out for a site like DOL.

Dee
                        I agree with all above. Before this site, I knew nothing when it came to Danes. So please stick around and ask questions when you need to. Someone will have an answer.
                        Linda and Rocky
                        sigpic
                        Jesse 1998-2007
                        http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=HGVBbjuLUGM
                        Harley 1998-2002
                        Breeze 1973-1982

Comment

As others have said, don't let pm's like those scare you off...rude pm's are an abuse of the system and need to be dealt with. I hope that even if you don't feel you want to keep posting here, please keep reading the forum as there is no other greater resource for the dane community!
                          Alex

Conor 9/1/09 - 10/31/13

Mason 10/1/09 -

sigpic

Comment

I agree people that send unwarranted PMs that weren't initiated or asked for are chicken to post them publicly.I wouldn't let those things run me off.Is it over the thread you bought your puppy to breed but cant show her?Ignore posters you want to some threads I dont even open.
                            sigpicLisa
                            www.xceldanes.com

Comment

Rude pm's are ignorance exposed. There have been many heated debates (public knock-down-drag-outs) in the past but even those have been educational. I know I've learned a lot from the various ways people have expressed their views. I just ignore the ones I felt were being ugly just to be ugly. Hey, look at it this way: they chose to beat you privately. I took many a public flogging before I got a clue.
                              ~Patty~ I have the right to remain silent; I don't have the ability.

Comment

Working...
                              X