Questions about X-Pens

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Questions about X-Pens

How tall are your x-pen panels? How many 2' wide panels do you need for a Dane to make it big enough?
    TIA!

Questions about X-Pens

How tall are your x-pen panels? How many 2' wide panels do you need for a Dane to make it big enough?
    TIA!

Comment

RE: Questions about X-Pens

The one I have in my bedroom is 3ft. tall and has 8 panels.

Comment

The one I have in my bedroom is 3ft. tall and has 8 panels.

Comment

Thanks! I found a used one...they're asking $60. Does that sound like a decent price? I had not yet shopped for them since I was hoping for a carte, but maybe this is a better way to go.

Comment

Thanks! I found a used one...they're asking $60. Does that sound like a decent price? I had not yet shopped for them since I was hoping for a carte, but maybe this is a better way to go.

Comment

I think the one I have in my bedroom is 4' and has 8 panels. I actually have two of them put together because I have a lot of room....and two full grown danes. I think for the 4' ones brand new I paid like 90 each.
              "The reason a dog has so many friends is that he wags his tail instead of his tongue." -- Anonymous

Jocelyn & Layla.....
              in memory of Sargeant Pepper, Gracie, Thea, and our little Buddy dog. Gone but never forgotten.

Comment

I think the one I have in my bedroom is 4' and has 8 panels. I actually have two of them put together because I have a lot of room....and two full grown danes. I think for the 4' ones brand new I paid like 90 each.
                "The reason a dog has so many friends is that he wags his tail instead of his tongue." -- Anonymous

Jocelyn & Layla.....
                in memory of Sargeant Pepper, Gracie, Thea, and our little Buddy dog. Gone but never forgotten.

Comment

Thanks for the quick replies-looks like I just bought myself an x-pen!

Comment

Thanks for the quick replies-looks like I just bought myself an x-pen!

Comment

That's not a bad price. I like them better than crates. There's more room for them to stretch out. However, if you get a dog that's determined not to stay in one they can get out.

Comment

That's not a bad price. I like them better than crates. There's more room for them to stretch out. However, if you get a dog that's determined not to stay in one they can get out.

Comment

I agree with Carol that they can if determined, "get out". However, when we had one that was "determined" we bought two extra panels and made a lid or top, just using clips to clip on. Worked fine. I also like them better than crates as they offer more room and you can more adjust them to fit the space available(ie, put them in circle or four ft. square, or as mentioned add more panels for even larger area.)
                          I buy the 4' height that are 8 panels 2' wide each. I usually buy mine at dog shows, so they are usually cheaper there. I think(been awhile since I bought my last one) I paid about 55.00 at dog show vendor.

Comment

I agree with Carol that they can if determined, "get out". However, when we had one that was "determined" we bought two extra panels and made a lid or top, just using clips to clip on. Worked fine. I also like them better than crates as they offer more room and you can more adjust them to fit the space available(ie, put them in circle or four ft. square, or as mentioned add more panels for even larger area.)
                            I buy the 4' height that are 8 panels 2' wide each. I usually buy mine at dog shows, so they are usually cheaper there. I think(been awhile since I bought my last one) I paid about 55.00 at dog show vendor.

Comment

We have the same set-up. 4 foot ex-pen and then two more panels for a lid. You can get the same kind of clips that comes with it at the hardware store to attach the 'lid' and it really does keep them in well, although I am sure a really determined dog could get out!

Dog shows are also a great place to purchase these so you don't have to pay shipping.

Comment

Working...
                              X