Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

You have to wonder......not enough dogs for everyone?

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• You have to wonder......not enough dogs for everyone?

I saw an ad on line under what I thought was a rescue classified (boy was I wrong LOL!) for Mastif/Great Dane pups. All the ad said was that they would be 6 weeks old and available in March. I never realized that someone purposely bred these pups! Here is the response I rec'd to my inquiry:

"I am not a rescue my pups are 500.00 I also will have payment plans available to the right home they will be ready second week of march I will be showing them in 2 weeks upon choice of pup a 100 deposit will be required. the Mom and Dad are our babies the pups will be family raised I have 5 boys so they have been showered with love and attention since birth they will defiantly be kid friendly if interested feel free to call (Name and phone deleted)"

$500 for a BYB mixed pup!!I quess there are not enough unwanted dogs in the world! I would assume that the "right home" is anyone stupid enough to buy one?????
    Suex(

RE: You have to wonder......not enough dogs for everyone?

No kidding! I don't think anyone in their right mind would pay that for a mix. Then again you wouldn't think someone would purposely mix to breeds to make a profit.

Comment

You would be surprised!
      There is a pet store here in PA that sells all sorts of mixes under the Continental Kennel Club - CKC - including Great Mastiffs, as they call them, and the charge at least $800 to $1,000. It makes me sick. This store also bred Pit Bulls and danes, can't remember the name they gave them....we used to call the place "the pit of despair" it is just sad to go in there. They were also notorious for breeding deaf/blind dogs....great place, huh? Someone must be buying the pups though, they have been open for over 10 years now....sad really

Comment

People are that stupid. My Daisy is a Basenji/Pug mix. When I asked as to how the litter came about ("did the female get out by accident?") the dork who had the puppies said "oh it was just a little experiment with my friend's dog". I, Miss Dip$hit, paid Mr. Dork $350 for a mutt that was bred on purpose.

I imagine the answer is yes - people will and do pay this type of money for mixed breeds. If you want my opinion, I don't think it's any worse to pay $500 for a Mastiff/Dane then $1500 for a backyard bred purebred Dane out of the paper. Or look at the website for my favorite East-coast breeder. The dogs are thousands of dollars, and never see the inside of a show ring. I'd personally rather pay $500 for a mutt than $3000 to someone who masquerades as a legitimate breeder. In both cases, you still support ignorant breeding, wind up with a dog that doesn't look much like a Dane should, and $500 is a lot cheaper.
        My best boy, Trooper.
        sigpic

Comment

who could you be talking about gwenna hmmmmmmmmmmmmm?

Comment

Oh there's more than one "favorite"; I'm sure they ALL know who they are. :+
            My best boy, Trooper.
            sigpic

Comment

just curious to where in pa u r talking. im from Pittsburgh thats why i ask.

Jim

Comment

Eastern PA - I'm about 1/2 hour outside of Philadelphia.

Comment

I also saw an ad in the Nashville paper for Mastiff/Dane puppies. I called because my curiousity got the better of me. The lady told me that they bred a Harl to a Mastiff and all the puppies were mismarked Harls. First of all, I was aghast that they would deliberately choose to breed these two colors. I was expecting they were trying for a stouter fawn kind of dog. Then to add insult to injury the lady said that they were 4 months old and they had docked all of their tails and didn't crop the ears. I pointed out that neither dogs were supposed to have docked tails. I really could not believe what I was hearing. Oh yeah, they wanted $250 for these puppies. I expect the price was higher but since they still had 5 left, they were desperate to get rid of them. I felt sorry for the pups but would not support someone like that. She told me that the Dane father was a "show dog" also.

Comment

We have a rat infested pet store by me, Puppy Depot, That sells all these mixes that are bred to poodles ( cockapoo, lhasapoo, peekapoo).Whats up with that !!! Why do they think they can breed any dog to a poodle and sell it as some kind of new breed x( A friend of mine recently called and asked me to check out if they were really selling great danes there.He had seen an ad in his paper.Ad read, beautiful harlequins and blacks.I went down and there was a merle and a mismarked mantle.I went back a few more times to check up on them and they did sell them. Hopefully to good homes.

Dawn

Comment

Stupid me went to a pet store the other day looking for toys. I got disgusted and had to leave. They had a Great Pyranese/St. Bernard mix they were selling for $599. I about died. Then when I asked if their dogs were AKC or CKC, they told me CKC (I clarified Continental). I proceeded to tell them I do not buy CKC because they register ANYTHING. These DUMB people had the gall to tell me that people were getting away from AKC because they make it hard to register dogs!!!! AAAHHHHGGGG. I just politely walked out.

Comment

While Christmas shopping I had the masochisic urge to go into the pet store there. I left nearly in tears. All pups were on sale, $50 off just in time for Christmas. I guess thats not too shocking, and they were all normal breeds, but it did make me want to barf (not BARF)

Comment

I saw an ad here locally for a 'Labradoodle'!!! Can you imagine???

Comment

OK...DEEP BREATH IN...DEEP BREATH OUT...DEEP BREATH IN.......

COUNTING TO TEN......

People SUCK!!! And the saddest part is that they are either, too stupid to know they are doing anything wrong or are too heartless to give a sh@#!!!!! Naughty naughty people!

DEEP BREATH IN...DEEP BREATH OUT........

(Paul, you should be proud of me! you didnt have to edit out anything!! Its the deep breathing! :-( )

Ami, Tuesday and Lily

Comment

Working...
                            X