Natural Dane Ears

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Natural Dane Ears

We are about to adopt our second rescue Dane. This particular Dane has his ears up, as if they had been cropped. They don't appeared to have been cropped. My question is....Has anyone seen any Danes with ears that are up naturally?

They won't go up on their own so it is likely that someone decided to tape them up even if not cropped.
    sigpic
    Dale AKC CGC Evaluator
    Associate Member GDCNE
    Member GSPCA
    Member NAVHDA
    Member Central Maine Kennel Club
    High Hopes Great Danes & German Shorthairs

Comment

I remember a picture of a fawn from a LONG time ago with his ears up. It looked....weird. I wonder if you could tape them down?
      ~ Lisa & Rupert

Comment

I don't really know why people who don't do a crop tape the ears so they stand erect...You could try taping them so they will lay flat again...in natural ear show Danes if they get flying nun ears there is a taping method used to train them to lay flat like they should.
        sigpic
        Dale AKC CGC Evaluator
        Associate Member GDCNE
        Member GSPCA
        Member NAVHDA
        Member Central Maine Kennel Club
        High Hopes Great Danes & German Shorthairs

Comment

Huh. I'd love to see a picture bcz I can't even imagine what that might look like!
          -Lisa (Zoomer's mom)

Comment

Originally posted by lisacp75 View Post
            Huh. I'd love to see a picture bcz I can't even imagine what that might look like!
            Can't believe I found these on my computer this morning. Dang, I save everything. LOL
            ~ Lisa & Rupert

Comment

It's interesting to me how it makes it look almost like a different breed of dog. That fawn one remind me of one of those shepherd / husky crosses in the face and ears lol.
              sigpic

Peach, merle Great Dane
              Born July 7 2014
              Peach & Emily!

Comment

Agree. Our mixed dog looked a lot like this one, her ears went up naturally so we figured she was part shepherd, but her body type was always a little Danish to me too.
                ~ Lisa & Rupert

Comment

Working...
                X