X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• GabbyWoods
    started a topic Rescued a puppy... not sure of breed

Rescued a puppy... not sure of breed

Updated with link to photo in comment below....

Hi all... I recently rescued pup from a local organization. He was one of 3 (his sister was more of a gun metal color, his brother looked like him but with speckled paws). The organization told me they think he is a hound mixed with cane Corso... but I'm not convinced. This picture is of him at 11/12 weeks. He's about 16.5 weeks now and nearly 50lbs. So I know he is a big breed. A friend of mine who works for a vet's office said he looks like a great dane... I've seen some pictures of black great Danes and I can see similarities. Just wondering if anyone can see Great Dane in my Timber boy.
    Last edited by GabbyWoods; 03-28-2017, 06:39 PM.

• Zanth
    replied
    Hard to say. I can see why you thought there would be dane in there, but I agree with the hound sentiment. Looking at the photos, his face does not match up with the typical markers for a dane. He has big growth plates which you can expect in any large breed. Get ready for 100lb! I'll be interested to see how he turns out.

Looks like a big love. Thanks for rescuing <3

Leave a comment:

• GabbyWoods
    replied
    Originally posted by jrturk View Post
    I think the size is in range, but to me it doesn't look like a Dane face. My first guess would have been hound. It's hard to say with a mix though, I've seen Dane mixes that look like really tall Labs.

Thank you for your response. I guess I just won't know... his paperwork says Mastiff Hound mix (I just got final paperwork a few days ago for his adoption). He's a sweet, dopey dog... I am not really familiar with mastiffs either so I don't know what he looks like to me.

Leave a comment:

• jrturk
    replied
    I think the size is in range, but to me it doesn't look like a Dane face. My first guess would have been hound. It's hard to say with a mix though, I've seen Dane mixes that look like really tall Labs.

Leave a comment:

• GabbyWoods
    replied
    Here's a link to photo bucket, should have a more recent photo of him.

Leave a comment:

Working...
X