Is it just me?

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Rootlis View Post
    Well, that just stinks! I've been resisting joining Facebook for years, but it seems the world is conspiring to force me into it. Now even DOL!
    I feel exactly like you as far as facebook I think it is one of the most grievous evils on the planet. I won't make a habit of going there for anything. But I did go there just once to see DOL. it makes less sense there than it does here but you do get a like button.

Comment

Originally posted by SuzanneRM82 View Post

When you click the "view all" there's an option to order by most recent update. Dunno if that just showed up, or I just found it lol.
      Ahhhhh, handy, I just have to scroll past allllllll the forums way down to the bottom of the page, then update the filter. Duh, that was easy, don't know how I missed that one!

Thanks
      sigpic

Peach, merle Great Dane
      Born July 7 2014
      Peach & Emily!

Comment

Originally posted by Dickie Best View Post
        I think found the like button. You got to go over on facebook to see it.
        I don't think you need to go to facebook or have a facebook account to have the like button...the two things aren't connected that I'm aware of... have no idea what is going on.
        sigpic
        Dale AKC CGC Evaluator
        Associate Member GDCNE
        Member GSPCA
        Member NAVHDA
        Member Central Maine Kennel Club
        High Hopes Great Danes & German Shorthairs

Comment

Well let me ask you this have you used the like button ? If you have what does it do ?
          i think you are the only one I have heard say they have that . It could be only a selection
          for the mods. Do you have the keys to the forum ? What im asking can you make any adjustments
          to the forum ?

Comment

I can't make adjustments... When I click on the like button it "likes" the comment just like the "thanks" button use to.
            sigpic
            Dale AKC CGC Evaluator
            Associate Member GDCNE
            Member GSPCA
            Member NAVHDA
            Member Central Maine Kennel Club
            High Hopes Great Danes & German Shorthairs

Comment

Oh I see . Just out of curiosity like this post I just want to see if it gets liked on our end.

Comment

Its really none of my business I suppose . They ought to allow you access to adjust the forum . If it works like a forum I once was mod for the general moderator if they wanted to could allow access for the other mods. I had the keys but I seldom ever used it . I would just maybe reset something if the general moderator was not available. You learn a lot being on that end im just saying you might see something from a different aspect than the other mods. Last time I done that was over 5 years ago though it could be totally different know. I can understand your discouragement its a thankless job no matter how hard you try .

Comment

..... Just checking in... lol.... Yup, still hate it.

If you sent me a PM... I didn't get it. Then again, should I be surprised??? Try again maybe?

SMH... This still just sucks.
                  sigpic

Comment

I wanted to stop and mention that it is not lost on me that so many people love my woofer and it warms my heart ... and brings tears to my eyes... that he is the favorite of so many. I wish so many of y'all could meet him and get snuffles and leans from him. The kind words, the caring and wishing him well, good thoughts and sweet comments keep us going. While I'm sure I sound very crazy admitting this, but I read a lot of the comments to him. HAHA... I do, really!

Thank you for being one of Phin's friends. If ever in South Florida, yell my way. Phinny and I would welcome a visit from any of our DOL friends.
                    sigpic

Comment

I get angry every time I visit now and have to hunt and peck and play find the post. I am so frustrated by this forum now.

I am glad that you benefit from our well wishes. Sometimes it doesn't feel like enough, when you want to do more but know there isn't much you can do. Tell him we are rooting for him all the time and give his big head an extra petting from me.
                      ~ Lisa & Rupert

Comment

Originally posted by Sparrow View Post
                        I get angry every time I visit now and have to hunt and peck and play find the post. I am so frustrated by this forum now.
                        Yup. I hate it too. I'm slowly giving up. It's really too bad - it was such a great place to find information and talk sensibly with others. I have little patience for the FB stuff

Comment

I'm finding if I log in and use the method of going to search, advanced search, and checking the date range "last visit" then search, it really helps me. I think I'm seeing all new replies and posts since I last visited.
                          Tracy
                          sigpic
                          Mouse April 2010
                          Echo -- run free, Sweetie! Jan 9, 2007 - April 24, 2014 Lost to osteosarcoma at 7 years, 3 months. RIP.

Comment

Originally posted by mnmouse View Post
                            I'm finding if I log in and use the method of going to search, advanced search, and checking the date range "last visit" then search, it really helps me. I think I'm seeing all new replies and posts since I last visited.
                            My problem is I have no idea if a thread really has new replies or not. A bunch are still bold even after I've read them (and marked them as read manually) and it doesn't say who the last poster was on a thread so I have to open the thread, go to the last page and see if there really are any new replies. I'm following basically 3 complaining threads and that's about it. LOL I think I'm done though. If the definition of insanity is doing the same thing over and over and hoping for different results, then this is insane.
                            ~ Lisa & Rupert

Comment

ya know, DOL hasn't been very active for quite a while but now with this new format, it's almost dead! i miss the old DOL!
                              [SIGPIC]

Comment

This is my first time on this new forum...WOW. Kind of got lost just a little bit and went immediately to this miscellaneous page - mainly because there were names I recognized. I'm thinking the thought for this new set up was meant to be helpful - but somehow it's just a bit difficult to navigate. I feel like I'm missing 'something' - somehow the old forum seemed like it was a lot more 'friendly' to use than this new one. Guess I'll give it time and see

Comment

Working...
                                X