Good tip for finding new posts!

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Good tip for finding new posts!

Drop down the arrow in the search bar. Go to advanced search. Click the box that says "Last visit" and click search now. Not a perfect method, but new posts since your last visit will be there!
    Tracy
    sigpic
    Mouse April 2010
    Echo -- run free, Sweetie! Jan 9, 2007 - April 24, 2014 Lost to osteosarcoma at 7 years, 3 months. RIP.

Im going to try this see how it works ..

Comment

I did not get a box to click that said " last visit " after dropping down the arrow in the search bar and then going to advanced search . I want to ask you a question ? Have you seen anything that has been improved upon that people have requested to be fixed on the forum titled " this forum is jacked " ? Im not trying to put you on the spot or anything . If you don't feel comfortable answering you don't have to . Im just looking for a straight up answer. And I won't use your post and run to a mod and say look you don't see an improvement either . Im just simply at a point if they are not going to fix things I will just simply be done and quit try to figure out a way to navigate around to places n here that's really taking me no where. If they have fixed something and im not seeing it tell me that also if you would ? I could very well be guilty of operator error .

Comment

Originally posted by Dickie Best View Post
        I did not get a box to click that said " last visit " after dropping down the arrow in the search bar and then going to advanced search . I want to ask you a question ? Have you seen anything that has been improved upon that people have requested to be fixed on the forum titled " this forum is jacked " ? Im not trying to put you on the spot or anything . If you don't feel comfortable answering you don't have to . Im just looking for a straight up answer. And I won't use your post and run to a mod and say look you don't see an improvement either . Im just simply at a point if they are not going to fix things I will just simply be done and quit try to figure out a way to navigate around to places n here that's really taking me no where. If they have fixed something and im not seeing it tell me that also if you would ? I could very well be guilty of operator error .
        Anybody ?

Comment

The "last visit" clicky box is under the date range section. and no, I haven't seen any improvement with any of the things we've brought up in this thread.
          ~ Lisa & Rupert

Comment

Thanks sparrow I will try again shortly. This is what I can't get over either this thread we are speaking on now it don't even show up when I log out and back in. I would have thought it would have been nearly first out in one of the listed forums. The way I got here the first time is I ran across a thread where mn mouse had posted. I called her post and seen where she offered the above device . But to log off and back on I had to go to my recent post to get back. I really do appreciate the membership at least trying to pass on what they have learned by trail and error themselves. It seems to me though the mods whoever they are would have taken at least somebody's complaint seriously and at least come back and said HEY WE CAN'T FIX THAT or at least said WE DON'T KNOW HOW TO FIX IT . This is like being thrown to the wolves and you just fend for yourself the best way you can we are not going to tell you nothing. Call me brutally honest or what ever you please but that is the way its being handled thus far.

Comment

I still don't know what the heck is wrong with the pictures. Isn't there a way for them to increase the allowable photo size? And that goes for pictures in the thread as well as profile pictures. I also still don't see signature pics, are those just gone for good??
              I know how to find new threads, but I really did prefer the old forum style compared to this. It's such a night and day difference and I wish we could have gotten a "playbook" on how to maneuver the new forum. Oh and the "thank you" button, I really miss that button
              ~Kelsey, mom to~
              Kumah-merle Great Dane 4 years
              Nala-fawn Great Dane 2 months
              Cece- Calico 4 years
              Sammy- Black Domestic Long Hair 3 years
              Tyke- 4 months

Comment

Thanks sparrow I will try again shortly. This is what I can't get over either this thread we are speaking on now it don't even show up when I log out and back in. I would have thought it would have been nearly first out in one of the listed forums. The way I got here the first time is I ran across a thread where mn mouse had posted. I called her post and seen where she offered the above device . But to log off and back on I had to go to my recent post to get back. I really do appreciate the membership at least trying to pass on what they have learned by trail and error themselves. It seems to me though the mods whoever they are would have taken at least somebody's complaint seriously and at least come back and said HEY WE CAN'T FIX THAT or at least said WE DON'T KNOW HOW TO FIX IT . This is like being thrown to the wolves and you just fend for yourself the best way you can we are not going to tell you nothing. Call me brutally honest or what ever you please but that is the way its being handled thus far.
                Let me be more clear for the sake of clarity just in case a mod skates by here. When I said I went to mn mouse post. I mean I went to her profile page and seen under post by mn mouse . And found her above advice in that fashion.

I would like to add this I got friends I have email contact with some have been posting to this forum longer than myself. They won't come here and speak out about it because they would rather use their time posting and asking questions about what can be done with their dane im having this problem or that. And there are those that would respond but can't because of issues they themselves are having. Some are very passionate about the breed and support responsible breeding. My point is others are having these problems but won't vocalize it here.

Also I just happen to notice a thread Sam Davis posted to . I had Sam listed as a friend on the old forum . I respect what he has to say. The point im making now is if I come on here and said im going out tomorrow and going to buy ten byb danes and you all are a bunch of lunatics. I bet I could find that in the forum very easy provided I did not get banned. My point with that is im not going out and by 10 danes produced by a byb im asking to please fix the forum or put it back like it was.

Comment

Maybe I should put it like this . All those that find this more beneficial than it was before and not having problems quote this post and tell me to shut up. According to stats here there is a little over 300 hundred members here. My point is if this don't get but 5 or 6 hits that would obviously tell me something is wrong.

Comment

Originally posted by Sparrow View Post
                    The "last visit" clicky box is under the date range section. and no, I haven't seen any improvement with any of the things we've brought up in this thread.
                    Ok i've caught on to at least this much . Thank You both for help getting me this far. But let me ask you this when you do that do you get this thread we are posting to now ? I don't . Im only saying this because this is just my thinking. If that is an accurate description of today's post would it not have this thread or a post in that column as well ?

Comment

Originally posted by Kumah View Post
                      I still don't know what the heck is wrong with the pictures. Isn't there a way for them to increase the allowable photo size? And that goes for pictures in the thread as well as profile pictures. I also still don't see signature pics, are those just gone for good??
                      I know how to find new threads, but I really did prefer the old forum style compared to this. It's such a night and day difference and I wish we could have gotten a "playbook" on how to maneuver the new forum. Oh and the "thank you" button, I really miss that button
                      I understand the problems with the small pictures . I don't have a solution to that problem either . But is the print from all these post not as equally as small as well ? Everything im seeing is small pictures and print.

Comment

What is a signature pic ?

Comment

What is a signature pic ?
                          The signature pic was the picture that was under someone's post, anytime they created or replied to a thread (as long as they'd added one). I finally found where to edit the siggy pic, but it didn't allow me to add a picture. I tried, but it kept saying my photo wasn't valid
                          ~Kelsey, mom to~
                          Kumah-merle Great Dane 4 years
                          Nala-fawn Great Dane 2 months
                          Cece- Calico 4 years
                          Sammy- Black Domestic Long Hair 3 years
                          Tyke- 4 months

Comment

I don't know any more than anyone else I was just struggling to find a way to see posts with responses that I hadn't read yet, and the search function I outlined was a quick fix. Unfortunately, if I log out before I've read all the new posts, and log back in, of course the search since last visit yields nothing (since I was just here). Also, the forum NEVER recognizes me from my work computer, even if I click the "remember me button". It does remember me from my laptop at home...My work computer remembers all my other logins to other sites...It's just annoying.

All I want is an easy way to see any posts or replies I haven't clicked on yet, in one place. Is that so hard?
                            Tracy
                            sigpic
                            Mouse April 2010
                            Echo -- run free, Sweetie! Jan 9, 2007 - April 24, 2014 Lost to osteosarcoma at 7 years, 3 months. RIP.

Comment

Originally posted by mnmouse View Post
                              I don't know any more than anyone else I was just struggling to find a way to see posts with responses that I hadn't read yet, and the search function I outlined was a quick fix. Unfortunately, if I log out before I've read all the new posts, and log back in, of course the search since last visit yields nothing (since I was just here). Also, the forum NEVER recognizes me from my work computer, even if I click the "remember me button". It does remember me from my laptop at home...My work computer remembers all my other logins to other sites...It's just annoying.

All I want is an easy way to see any posts or replies I haven't clicked on yet, in one place. Is that so hard?
                              That's all I want also .

Comment

Working...
                              X