Looking for cropping in VA MD NC

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Looking for cropping in VA MD NC

I'm willing to drive anywhere in VA, NC, or MD to get my pups ears done. I have heard good things about Dr. Bill in NC.. is they anyone who could speak about him?

Thanks!

I got Shelby's ears cropped by Dr Johnson at Pender Veterinary Centre located in Fairfax, VA. He is a great doctor and i think did an amazing job on Shelby. We went for a medium show crop. Here is a pic of her ears 5 wks after surgery and another of her just the other day at 18 mo. She was looking at me funny so her ears are kinda wonky.
    Attached Files
    sigpic
    *Jennifer*
    Mom to 3 skin kids
    (Braden-8yr, Mackenzie-11yr & Anthony-19yr)
    1 German Shepherd (Sadie - 6 yrs)
    1 Harl Great Dane (Shelby - 4 yrs)
    1 Black Great Dane (Enzo - 2 yr)

Comment

I chose not to crop, but I could ask my breeder who she uses.

Comment

Thanks for the replies, I love Shelby's ears!

Comment

Thank you!
          sigpic
          *Jennifer*
          Mom to 3 skin kids
          (Braden-8yr, Mackenzie-11yr & Anthony-19yr)
          1 German Shepherd (Sadie - 6 yrs)
          1 Harl Great Dane (Shelby - 4 yrs)
          1 Black Great Dane (Enzo - 2 yr)

Comment

Personally, I'd drive to New Jersey. Dr. Sophia Koster does gorgeous show crops!

I had a different experience than the above poster at Pender and was unimpressed.

I've also heard great things about Dr. Bill in NC.

Comment

Most of the time reputable breeders will only use their vets to crop the pups that they have bred before leaving to their new homes.

Regards,
              Renee
              http://californiadreaminggreatdanes.com/

"Being kind is much more important than being right. Sometimes, what a person needs is not a brilliant mind that speaks, but a patient heart that understands." ~Unknown

Comment

Originally posted by floridajen View Post
                I got Shelby's ears cropped by Dr Johnson at Pender Veterinary Centre located in Fairfax, VA. He is a great doctor and i think did an amazing job on Shelby. We went for a medium show crop. Here is a pic of her ears 5 wks after surgery and another of her just the other day at 18 mo. She was looking at me funny so her ears are kinda wonky.
                I second this recommendation and love Dr. Johnson! He is awesome. He'll ask you to bring "head shots" of ears you like. I got super anxious the morning of the surgery. He found out I'm a med student, and was like, "So, I'm guessing you would be more comfortable watching the surgery than sitting in the waiting room." OMG TOTALLY! He let me watch and listed every medication he administered. I was very comfortable with everything, and really happy I chose him.

If you're a Redskins fan, you'll be happy to know Chris Cooley's wife brought their dog in after his/her ears had a bad crop somewhere else and he helped them out.

He will ask you to use neosporin post-op, but I used Gold Bond Powder, thanks to DOL advice. I used a different method of posting than the one he recommends. Shh, just don't tell him that if you end up seeing him!

FYI, I think he is going out of town in a week or so for vacation. If you call Pender, ask for Dr. Johnson's voicemail, and he will get back to you. It's how he does it.
                sigpic
                <, and Stef
                <'
                What do you call cheese that isn't yours? Macho Cheese!!

Comment

I will most likely be using Dr. Bill for his ears, I've heard so many good things about him. I've heard mixed reviews of Pender.

My breeder is unsure if her vet will be able to do the crops for this litter because he is relocating his pratice at the moment, so I may have to have him cropped when he gets here.

Thanks everyone.

Comment

Working...
                  X