Looking for a vet in the Fredericksburg area

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Looking for a vet in the Fredericksburg area

We live in Caroline County and the only good vets I know of are in Richmond area, we can easily travel there but I work in Spotsy area and so does my husband so we are looking for someone in the Fredericksburg area. I would love if it was someone who is familiar with Danes. Does anyone know of anyone? Thanks.
    Katie
    Owned by
    Ripley- 2 year old Dane
    Gulley- 5 year old Dane

I know there is a rescue in Va. It is based in Richmond, but the foster all over the state....so if you contact them they will most likely be able to point you in the right direction. Hope that Helps!

I MISS Va. Grew up in Hanover County, used to work at MCV.

http://www.gdroc.com/
    sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by dreaminofdanes View Post
      We live in Caroline County and the only good vets I know of are in Richmond area, we can easily travel there but I work in Spotsy area and so does my husband so we are looking for someone in the Fredericksburg area. I would love if it was someone who is familiar with Danes. Does anyone know of anyone? Thanks.
      Did you find a good one in Fredericksburg. I live in and work in Spotsylvania.

Comment

Not in Fredericksburg area. We're considering changing vets again but we have been driving down to Mechanicsville to see a vet that owns 4 Danes. She's good but we've been having trouble figuring out what could be going on with our Ripley so we're in search of a new vet. I did take Rip to Ferry Farm once and one of the vets seemed like he wasn't a fan of Danes. We didn't go back there because of how he acted around her.
        Katie
        Owned by
        Ripley- 2 year old Dane
        Gulley- 5 year old Dane

Comment

If anyone finds a good one within driving distance of Fredericksburg, let me know. I took Leo to one but it's a franchise and it shows. All the canned answers. Science diet, simple guard (they sell it), and neuter at six months.
          At 13 weeks I got the last of his shots and they said "see you next year" I asked if they wanted to see him before then to check on how he is growing and she told to let her know if there is any problems. I am a network engineer not a vet. I am ready to go to vet school so I can take care of my own damn danes.

Comment

I have two vets that I have taken my Shelby to.

White Oak Animal Hospital - Fredericksburg
            Eagles Nest Animal Hospital - King George (Dr. Judge)

Staff at both places are really friendly. Dr. Judge shows Burnese Mountain dogs so is very good with the big dogs.

Hope this helps.
            sigpic
            *Jennifer*
            Mom to 3 skin kids
            (Braden-8yr, Mackenzie-11yr & Anthony-19yr)
            1 German Shepherd (Sadie - 6 yrs)
            1 Harl Great Dane (Shelby - 4 yrs)
            1 Black Great Dane (Enzo - 2 yr)

Comment

We ended up going back to Spotsylvania animal Hospitol. Dr Kathy has Great Danes and you can tell she is in love with the breed.

Comment

I know it's late but thank you floridajen for the info. If they don't fix his eye problem, I may try one of those out.

Comment

You're welcome. I know how hard it is to find a good vet. Let me know how things go.
                  sigpic
                  *Jennifer*
                  Mom to 3 skin kids
                  (Braden-8yr, Mackenzie-11yr & Anthony-19yr)
                  1 German Shepherd (Sadie - 6 yrs)
                  1 Harl Great Dane (Shelby - 4 yrs)
                  1 Black Great Dane (Enzo - 2 yr)

Comment

It's been a while. Very busy at work. I ended taking him back to Spotsy animal Hospitol. Dr Kathy has Danes and knows the breed well. I had a talk with them first and only she looks at him.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk HD

Comment

Working...
                    X