Rockwall Texas Vet?

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Rockwall Texas Vet?

Hello Texans! Looks like we will be moving to Rockwall TX in the next couple months and will be in need of a Dane knowledgeable vet. Anyone in that area? We will want to keep the vet trips as close as possible to the area we are living in.

Please let me know.

Also, coming from Florida, anything about Texas we should know for dogs? Someone mentioned they moved to Dallas and their dog was highly reactive to the allergens. I can't imagine they would be that different than Florida? We do have them on Trifexis.

Lastly, anyone have a doggy care they know of out there? We have been using a lady from dogvacay site who has a farm and it has been amazing...this way they are not cooped up and with 30 dogs.

Thanks for any help!
    Last edited by mom4jazzie; 09-05-2016, 10:21 AM.
    sigpic
    Bailey (Choc Lab), Jasmin (GD), Dakota (GD)
    Ashley & Chloe (Himalayan)
    In Memory of our beloved Jake
    forever in our hearts

Friends in Rockwall use Animal Hospital of Fate.

http://www.ahfate.com/Home.html

Comment

I have some Dane friends who (I think) use Dr. Susan Robinson at 190 Animal Clinic. Correction, I know they use Dr. Robinson, but I *think* she is at 190 in Garland. She's a Dane owner, so huge bonus.

Welcome to Texas!

ETA: Just double checked with said friend. Dr. Sue is at 190 in Garland, which is only about 20 minutes-ish from Rockwall.
      Last edited by SuzanneRM82; 09-07-2016, 07:16 PM.
      sigpic
      Fergus
      SC Dinnie Stone Guardian, CGC
      Eisen Shark
      C Shadows On The Sun, CGC

Comment

Thanks so much! Now onto google to see their locations, it is apparently Heath but they have the same zipcode! the Dallas area is HUGE..wow!

Anything I should know for that part of Texas when it comes to preventatives? For ex in the Northeast I think they have to vaccinate for lyme disease which we don't in FL?

They are on Trifexis now.

TIA!
        Last edited by mom4jazzie; 09-15-2016, 06:31 AM.
        sigpic
        forever in our hearts

Comment

Originally posted by mom4jazzie View Post
          Thanks so much! Now onto google to see their locations, it is apparently Heath but they have the same zipcode! the Dallas area is HUGE..wow!

Anything I should know for that part of Texas when it comes to preventatives? For ex in the Northeast I think they have to vaccinate for lyme disease which we don't in FL?

They are on Trifexis now.

TIA!
          We don't vax for lyme out here. The only thing outside of the core vaccines my vet said she does regularly is rattlesnake, but since I live in the big middle of town I opted out of that one. Allergies are an absolute beast. We're out west though, so not sure about the DFW area allergies. There is actual moisture there.
          sigpic
          Fergus
          SC Dinnie Stone Guardian, CGC
          Eisen Shark
          C Shadows On The Sun, CGC

Comment

Does anyone know of one closer to Heath. Both referenced
            Above are not far mileage wise but nearly 30 mins away.
            Not the end of the world but all I can think is what
            if there is an emergency?!

Thanks!!
            sigpic
            forever in our hearts

Comment

Vet

We also live in Heath Tx and own 2 danes. There is a vet downtown Heath that we tried once but was not impressed. Forney Tx is very near and has a few vets to chose from. We recently came across a Great Dane owner that gave high praise to Campbell animal hospital in Garland. It is a 30 minute drive but shows high reviews. I agree it is hard to find good places to kennel your pet. Great Danes are so sensitive that when I kennel them for a week they get sick almost every time. I recently started looking up private people but most cater to smaller breeds, it is a task.
              Hope you are settleing in with your puppies.
              Tammy

Comment

Chiefdane-- We found Animal Hospital of Heath, Dr. Downes. Also owns a 2nd practice in Rowlett. She is by far the best Vet we have ever had. Her attention to detail is too notch. She sends me emails and is very on top of the newer treatments as well as giant breeds. We have 3 dogs and 1 cat, she has been nothing short of amazing. Our Puppy is very anxious with new people and situations. Knowing this Dr. Downes took 1.5 hours the first appointment to ensure Dakota would be ok. In fact she chose to spread out some items so she wouldn't associate the visit as negative. Not enough good things to say about her if you are still in search of a great vet!
                sigpic
                forever in our hearts

Comment

Working...
                X