Therapy Dog?

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Therapy Dog?

Does anyone have any information on Danes being therapy dogs? I haven't bought one yet, nor have I owned one, but I've done ALOT of research on the breed, and they seem like they are a great match for me. I just want to do something with my potential Dane to help stimulate his/her mind and make other people feel better at the same time. Any input will help, thanks for your time and input.

Josh

Hi and welcome
    Yes, several members have danes who are certified therapy dogs, don't know how many are in TX, but the info is essentially the same nationwide.
    Here's a recent discussion on therapy dogs:
    http://www.dolforum.com/forum/showthread.php?t=58885

If you use the search function on the top navigation bar, you'll find more therapy dog discussions
    Until one has loved an animal, part of one's soul remains unawakened.
    - Anatole France

Comment

Hi - I'm in Texas, we have many therapy dog organizations here and a lot of great rescues here too that you could adopt your Dane from. What city are you in?
      "I don’t care if a dog is 150 pounds or 10 pounds, and whether the issue is leash manners or biting visitors. There are no dogs who need a heavier hand—there are only trainers who need more knowledge and a lighter touch." Suzanne Clothier
      sigpic
      Rocky & Emma
      Follow our adventures at
      www.instagram.com/spottedangels

Comment

I live in the Rockwall area.

Comment

Working...
        X