Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Cropping referral in Houston?

Hi all,

We are looking to get our dane's ears cropped. The only place we have called so far was Britmoore Animal Clinic, which was referred to by multiple websites. Their quote was higher than expected, at almost $500.

Does anyone else have a reputable vet for croppings?

I don't have any recommendations, but a good crop can cost anywhere from $300-800 depending on the cropper. $500 may be more than you budgeted, but from all accounts, it is not an unreasonable price.
    Katie & Scarlett
    sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by Scarlett's Mum View Post
      I don't have any recommendations, but a good crop can cost anywhere from $300-800 depending on the cropper. $500 may be more than you budgeted, but from all accounts, it is not an unreasonable price.
      Agreed. Don't let the cost be the deciding factor. If you pick a vet based on cost, you may end up with a terrible crop.

Northchase Veterinary Clinic (281-583-2000) does Dane crops for around $300 BUT that was 4 years ago. I have used both Brittmoore and Northchase for cropping different Danes. Part of the reason Brittmoore's price is higher is they include the pain meds and they offer 1 free month of re-taping AND they replace ripped sutures and racks for free the first 30 days. It's a package deal. Most vets will charge additional fees for medication and re-tapings. But either way, it's your best bet to learn to tape the ears on your own.
      sigpic
      Giselle pictured at 7 months old

Comment

Thanks for the feedback guys.

We called a few other places and they came back at similar prices, so we went ahead with Britmoore. Dr. Dikeman was highly referred and his previous crops looked great. I agree with your comments, the meds, follow up visits and doctor experience will definitely be worth it!

Comment

I have seen Dr. Dikeman with my Dane Echo, but not for cropping. I was very impressed with his knowledge of giant breeds and his staff was very helpful. They have reasonable pricing and great care. IMO, he is one of the best Vets for Danes in the Houston area, that I have found.
          sigpic
          Lynn, Mom to Rescues:
          Luke Blue Male GD
          Echo Mantle Miss Female GD
          Pita Lab (rip my good boy)
          Kitties:
          Monkey, Max, Spaz (rip my little Beast)

Comment

Originally posted by spike View Post
            Hi all,

We are looking to get our dane's ears cropped. The only place we have called so far was Britmoore Animal Clinic, which was referred to by multiple websites. Their quote was higher than expected, at almost $500.

Does anyone else have a reputable vet for croppings?
            I was gonna go to Britmoore also but found one closer to my job in Conroe who was referred to me from a few different people: Triangle Animal Hospital. His appointment is next week.

-Chris

Comment

I like seeing the positiveness in this thread. Thanks for sharing.
              sigpic
              Zeke @ 9 Months

Comment

Working...
              X