Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• From Greenville, SC

Good afternoon!
    My name is Swee. My family has recently adopted "Sadie" a black Dane. I wanted to jump on here and see if there was a local group that we could get together with and meet their companions.

Hi Swee!
    I'm right down the road from you in Laurens county. I don't belong to a meet up group, but my guys are always up for a playdate

There is also an awesome training club - Speedy Paws, near Haywood. They even have a dane who does flyball
    Until one has loved an animal, part of one's soul remains unawakened.
    - Anatole France

Comment

No joke! I've heard that there is a 200lb Blue named "Bronx" in the area. I'd love to see this masterpiece!

I suppose it would give me peace of mind to be able to talk to other Dane owners. I have a few concerns about Sadie's crop and would feel better talking with others that have cropped and looking at their baby's ears.

I'll have to check out the Haywood Road group your referring to.

Comment

I have not heard of the 200 pound blue dane, and probably just as well. That sort of thing is a bit of a turn off to me

My dogs are not cropped, so I would be of little help there. Rebecca Griffin is a member here (that's her user name) and I believe in Greenville or Simpsonville - she may know more. You may want to pm her, as this subforum is rarely checked - I just saw it b/c I check "new posts".

Speedy Paws is actually off Pleasantburg http://www.speedypawsagility.com/

It looks like all agility, but its not - its actually all types of training, from K9 nosework to flyball. If Sadie is a puppy I would HIGHLY recommend the puppy class. Try to get the one Sue Conklin teaches. They have several trainers, all good, but Sue is awesome.
        - Anatole France

Comment

Ouesi,

Thank you for your help! There is little out there in the way of Great Danes. We would love to have some interaction with folks that can offer advice while Sadie is a pup.

You've done that, thank you so much. We're checking out the site you offered now and seeing when the next training is.

Comment

There is also a show in Greenville at the end of this month. You should come and meet some dane people then too.
            - Anatole France

Comment

Hey guys just seeing this. I don't go to dog parks. I do take my guys downtown to falls park and clevland park often. I will also be at the greenville dog show. I always go to see danes show but leave after. I only live 5 mins from show grounds. I also go to bark in the park every year. They always have dane rescues there and several dane therapy dogs there. There are several dane owners here. And I promise the more you get your puppy out to stores, parks and events the dane owners will find you! As the MAGDRL lady told me Dane ppl can spot another dane a mile away!

Feel free to email me if you like!

Rebecca

Comment

I am thinking of going to the Greenville show. Not sure yet. It would be nice to live 5 minutes away!

Martha
                sigpic

Comment

I'm going as a spectator
                  - Anatole France

Comment

I been to last 4 shows there as spectator! its a really good time there!

Comment

They have a lot of vendors with makes it nice.

Martha
                      sigpic

Comment

I will be there with my girl, Samantha in Best of Breed. Just got my judging program yesterday and Danes show at 12:45 Friday in Ring Six after 26 English Springer Spaniels. So, about 1:10 if all the Spaniels show up. On Saturday they show at 12:30 on the nose in Ring Six. And finally, they had to get us one day, LOL, at 8 a.m. on the nose also in Ring 6. I am in shopping mode as Sammie says she wants a tiara to wear home. <VBG>

BTW the show is at the Carolina First Center, One Exposition Ave, Greenville, SC 29607.

Hope to see some of you there.

Nancy
                        Nancy
                        Calico Rock Danes
                        Alabama

Comment

Thanks guys/gals for the responses! This is invigorating to find other Dane-ers!!!!

I had no idea about the show, but I'll be there now. I'm not into the showing thing, as Sadie is merely my baby, but I'll come and show Dane support!

Please feel free to hit me up if you head to the Reedy or anywhere else locally. I'd love to meet your 'kids'!

Comment

Hope to see some of you guys out @ show today!!

Comment

I went, I saw, I loved them! Thanks for keeping me/us in the loop about the show!

Comment

Working...
                              X