Vet help!

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Vet help!

Ugh I keep calling so many vets in the Lehigh valley and they are all telling me neuter/pexy at 6 months! If they don't know when to even perform this I can't trust them to know about anything else re: Danes! Anyone has any suggestions? I've even called Dr Rachel in foglesville who has 2 Danes and who is mentioned on this forum and she said the same thing!!

Originally posted by christielee View Post
    Ugh I keep calling so many vets in the Lehigh valley and they are all telling me neuter/pexy at 6 months! If they don't know when to even perform this I can't trust them to know about anything else re: Danes! Anyone has any suggestions? I've even called Dr Rachel in foglesville who has 2 Danes and who is mentioned on this forum and she said the same thing!!
    You could try contacting your nearest Great Dane club and asking them if they can refer you. That didn't actually help me but maybe it will help you. If there are any reputable breeders near you, they might be able to suggest someone as well. My vet knows not to neuter/pexy until around a year, but he has only ever done one pexy and does not feel comfortable doing it, so I'll have to find a vet to do that as well.
    sigpic
    Chaucey
    Asaah ~ xxx Asaah LaLa, CGC, registered therapy dog

Comment

Dr. Ken Banzhof Maple Hills Vet hospital. Lehigh Valley Pa.
      He has dealt with many danes.
      "The human language, as precise as it is with its thousands of words, can still be so wonderfully vague"....Garth Stein The Art of Racing in the Rain

Comment

Thank you! We set up an appt. with Dr Banzhof! He sees lots of Danes! Thanks again for the referral!

Comment

Originally posted by christielee View Post
          Thank you! We set up an appt. with Dr Banzhof! He sees lots of Danes! Thanks again for the referral!
          Your welcome!
          "The human language, as precise as it is with its thousands of words, can still be so wonderfully vague"....Garth Stein The Art of Racing in the Rain

Comment

Working...
          X