Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Anyone know a good vet in Northeast/Central PA?

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Anyone know a good vet in Northeast/Central PA?

We are looking at moving to the Northeast/Central PA area, around Sunbury/Shamokin. Does anyone know of a vet that has experience with danes around that area?

I've had a hard time finding a place with Dane experience. My biggest concern when searching for a new vet was the ability to continue Achilles' allergy serum treatment without any major snags. We've been taking him to Lewisburg Veterinary Hospital. They have an office in Mifflinburg as well. The great thing is that whenever Lewisburg is closed, there is an emergency vet that opens up in Watsontown... so we will always have somewhere to go, no matter the time.

Comment

Thanks! With it being only a week before we move I was really starting to wonder where we would take Cassie. Now I'll look into the Lewisburg one.

Comment

Oh, wow. What's bringing you to central PA from so far away?

I had another good experience at Lewisburg a few weeks ago when I took our new Sheltie pup for a checkup and his next round of shots.

Comment

Originally from the area & moving back. We got Cassie out here so she's never been to PA. Hope she likes it!

Comment

Angel, I am new to this forum, but wanted to tell you of an excellent vet practice that has a vet who is TERRIFIC with danes and cares for all the danes coming in to the practice. Her name is Dr Lynn MacCafferty, she is at Companion Animal Hospital of Selinsgrove, the no is 570-374-2247. My kids all love this woman to death, (I have 7 danes, and am a breeder). I hope you can give her a try and your kid loves her as much as I do, you need to request to get her when you call for an appointment. I promise you won't be disappointed.

Comment

I have taken Cassie so far to the Leighow Vet Hospital last year for her shots. She got the 3 year shots & doesn't have to go back for 3 years unless something comes up. They seemed ok. I may look into this one though. We are always @ the Petsmart in Selinsgrove anyway. Maybe we'll see you there one of these times. I love meeting new danes!Thanks for the info!

Comment

I'm glad you saw the vet and it was a good experience. I have not used them since Dr Leighow retired, but loved him and his wonderful Mom to death. You should consider an annual check-up for Cassie, just as you do for yourself! Problems are solved and caught early with good intervention. Good luck with your girl. I don't EVER take a dog in pet smart....too many things can go wrong, I worry about the other dogs (smaller ones) they are too short tempered and fiesty when they encounter Giant dogs. All the best to you and Cassie.

Comment

Working...
                X