Looking for a REPUTABLE Vet to perform Gastropexy & Neuter

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Looking for a REPUTABLE Vet to perform Gastropexy & Neuter

Can anyone help me with this. I live in PA and am looking for a reputable Vet to perform this surgery. We have just added a bundle of love...Luke to our family. This will be our third Dane. We had Bonnie and Clyde previously. Bonnie died of natural causes at 7yrs old and Clyde died of Torsion at the age of 5 1/2 in Juky of 2004. After we lost our babies we didn't get another dog until one year after Clyde had died. At that time we got a Brindle Boxer "Gracie". She is now 5-years old. We have missed our Danes so much and recently decided to add another to our family. We love him to pieces. I do NOT want to have to go through losing him to bloat as we did Clyde. This is why I am looking into gastropexy. He is now only 13 weeks old so I will not be looking to have the gastropexy & neuter done until this time next year. I just want to research Vet's, there reputation and cost for the procedure to get all my ducks in a row ahead of time. Any help would be greatly appreciated. Thanks so much!!!
    Shannon, Owned by....
    Gracie - Brindle Boxer
    Luke - Mantle Great Dane
    Aruba - Blue & Gold Macaw
    Oscar - Blue Front Amazon

Go to my blog (in my sig).

Click on the right side, scroll down to the blog "The Long Road to Medical School ..."

Click on her blog.

Ask her in a comment who she recommends. You'll have to type in VERY LARGE BOLD LETTERS to not publish your comment (and she will not).

She is an MD/PhD candidate whom I trust implicitly with her dog. She's in the Philly area tho... that may not help.

(TO MODS: If that was considered advertising, I won't be offended if you remove my comment and what-not.)

Comment

Hi there....thanks so much for the info. I am having a hard time figuring out how to send her a message to ask her. Can you tell me where on the page I go to send her a comment/message?
      Shannon, Owned by....
      Gracie - Brindle Boxer
      Luke - Mantle Great Dane
      Aruba - Blue & Gold Macaw
      Oscar - Blue Front Amazon

Comment

If you are on her blog, you can scroll to the end of one of her posts, then click on the comment - it should highlight as you scroll across the word.

click on that word "Comment" and it will open a dialog box for you to place your question. Again, type in very BIG BOLD LETTERS: NOT FOR PUBLICATION and your question - tell her I referred you.

I have little to no doubt she will do what she can, she reads her comments all day long. She's awesome (even kicking my butt when I need it).

Let me know if that works, otherwise, I have some other contacts... just not as trustworthy as her.

Comment

Dr. Rachel Parks
          west valley animal hospital fogelsville pa.
          she is a dane owner and takes care of both Atermis and Aadan
          Aadan 12 mo.!
          sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by Amglover View Post
            Dr. Rachel Parks
            west valley animal hospital fogelsville pa.
            she is a dane owner and takes care of both Atermis and Aadan
            wow I am so glad I came across this post! We are in the lehigh valley looking to get our Dane in the summer and I've been wondering how to find a vet who is very experienced with Danes! Thanks so much! Will be calling to see if she is taking new patients!

Comment

Working...
            X