• Show
Clear All

• University of Pennsylvania School of Veterinary Medicine

Matthew J. Ryan Veterinary Hospital
    3900 Delancey Street
    Philadelphia, PA 19104-6010
    215 898 0635

Our experience: Prophylactic Laproscopic-assisted Gastropexy

I would highly recommend anyone within traveling distance not to hesitate.

Our surgeon: Susan W Volk, VMD, PhD, DACVS
    Last edited by humbug; 10-20-2009, 10:10 AM. Reason: adding phone #
    June, Bumper (deaf & blind), Joey, Daisy, and Angel Ann (deaf)
    RIP Dakota Blue Moon
    Oct 27, 2006, Oct 01, 2012

"I'd tell ya...but I'd have ta lick ya"
    sigpic

Gastropexy & Neuter

Does this vet perform gastropexy? I am looking to have Luke neutered and gastropexy done at the same time. Are they reasonable and reputable? Any information would be greatly appreciated. Thanks so much!
    Shannon, Owned by....
    Gracie - Brindle Boxer
    Luke - Mantle Great Dane
    Aruba - Blue & Gold Macaw
    Oscar - Blue Front Amazon

Comment

Hi there Humbug....

I just wanted to thank you so much for the information. Susan is not on Clinicals at this time but she had a collague of hers call me and quote me for both procedures to be done at the same time...and laproscopically....YAY. I couldn't find anyone that did it laproscopically and the ones that I found that did pexy at all were pretty pricey. Here are the range of quotes that I recived for the regular way to perform this surgery (cutting open the stomach) $2200, $1130, $1600 and then I was just quoted by who you referred me to and they said between $1000-$1200 for both procedures and it would be laproscopically....that is AWESOME. Now although we have a bit of time before we have this done...we wanted to prepare and get all of our ducks in a row before hand. We will be moving foward with it in April next year. Thanks so much for your referral, I really appreciate it!!!!

-Shannon
      Last edited by Luke & Gracie's Mom; 06-25-2010, 10:30 AM.
      Shannon, Owned by....
      Gracie - Brindle Boxer
      Luke - Mantle Great Dane
      Aruba - Blue & Gold Macaw
      Oscar - Blue Front Amazon

Comment

Shannon, you are welcome! I'm sorry I didn't see your post a couple of days ago. I have the utmost faith with this Veterinary Hospital and would not hesitate to go back. I felt very comfortable and confident that the surgeons are dane savy and they did not mind that I inquired about their gastropexy experience.
        June, Bumper (deaf & blind), Joey, Daisy, and Angel Ann (deaf)
        RIP Dakota Blue Moon
        Oct 27, 2006, Oct 01, 2012

"I'd tell ya...but I'd have ta lick ya"
        sigpic

Comment

Great information as I'm looking at having these two procedures done at the same time as well. Living in Chester County, I'd gladly drive into the city for this.

Comment

Working...
          X