Anyone else in Oregon?

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Awww, Im a (was) Canby kid.

I have no idea about dane vets in the area though. I got my dane after I moved away.

I know my family has always gone to a vet in Molalla my grandparents had a newfie mix they took there, so they might be giant breed savy. My Parents neighbor have a dane, Ill ask my mom to ask them where they go.
    sigpicMom to
    Gracie Lou (GD)
    Boobah (Mixed)
    Charlie(Cat)

Comment

Thank you soo much. I have been taking my dogs to Molalla too but I wanted to try a new vet that was a little closer. Seems to me that it was a mistake so I'll probably go back to Molalla. Thanx for your help.

Comment

Howdy neighbor!

We are just outside Olympia, wa but we are always in and around Portland.

Comment

New Dane owner

I live in Tigard. Just joined PDX Danes and will be attending my first event next weekend! I can't wait to find Emma some friends her size to play with

I work at Holistic Pet Vet in Tigard, and Emma is a patient there for her routine care. I will definitely be taking her to DoveLewis in NW Portland if she bloats (knock on wood I will never have to take her there!). One of their vet techs is my best friend and I lived with one of their intern vets while we were both in school at Oregon State. They have 2 surgeons, and both are board certified, all of their vet techs are certified, and the tech who monitors patients during surgeries on weekdays is also certified in pain management and anesthesia. They see LOTS of bloat cases and take every precaution. I've heard some mixed things about EVCOT (Emerg Vet Clinic of Tualatin) while working at my clinic...and they have very limited hours...I'm sure they provide great care, but I trust Dove 100%.
          Amanda & Emma

Comment

I'm in Hood River. I look forward to meeting up with other Dane owners in the area. There is another group called noDaneleftbehind in the Portland area.

Comment

I'm in Albany, wish I could find any other dane owners in the area.

Comment

Salem, Oregon

I'm a new dane owner in Salem Oregon. Any advice for vets?

Comment

Nobody has posted in here for a few years I am in Oregon, about 30 min outside of Portland. Anyone else? Getting a Dane pup hopefully this summer

Comment

I have a Dane and I live just north of Portland. I am actually trying to move into Vancouver to be closer to my job and having a hard time finding a place to live with Wally. I am close by though so try to post again once you have your pup
                    sigpic
                    Wally - 5/16/2014 (Fawn Male)

Comment

Awesome! I would love to be in touch with other local Dane owners! I am still waiting on the breeder to contact me if I've been selected to get one of her gals pups due in May! Crossing my fingers

Comment

You can also check meetup.com to see if there are any near you.
                        sigpic
                        Chaucey
                        Asaah ~ xxx Asaah LaLa, CGC, registered therapy dog

Comment

I'm here in Oregon, 10 mins out of Portland. I've looked at meetup and have not found anything for danes, but we did find one for our bulldog. I've seen a lot of posts on groups that no longer exist. Odd in such a large city there's nothing set up. We're parents to our 7 month old boy.

Comment

It would be fun to get some locals together at some point for a Dane meet-up since there doesn't seem to be any in the area as of late ;o)
                            Last edited by Appygirl82; 04-12-2015, 02:37 AM.

Comment

I definitely agree. We saw Danes everywhere and nearly every time we went to a dog park when he was still itty bitty but all of a sudden no Dane sightings at all.

He seems to be the tall gangly one who's still trying to grow into his body accidentally tripping on tiny dogs at the park lately. And they all pick on him poor thing lol. Really reminds me of Marmaduke (the movie) where he's the weird tall dog at the park.

Comment

Yes the first thing I did was google for hours to try and find something. I know there is an informal meet up in Vancouver on Sundays at one of the dog parks. I know they do special events like drive out to the coast sometimes too. I will try to talk to someone and will post on here if I can find more information on it
                                sigpic
                                Wally - 5/16/2014 (Fawn Male)

Comment

Working...
                                X