Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Seeking Vet Recommendation in Ottawa Area

Hi there,

We have a female great dane. We would like to get her spayed and at the same time have the Gastropexy Surgery ("stomach tacking").

We are looking for a vet experienced in this procedure. Any advice is appreciated.

Many thanks,

Naomi

We had Louis' neuter and gastro done in Ottawa and we were happy with the outcome, the only issue was that Louis managed to pull some stitches and therefore his scar isn't quite as pretty as it could have been.

I'm not sure I am allowed to post the vet name, so I have PM'd you.

Comment

Ottawa's my 'hometown' (although I've been living in NJ the last 21 years LOL). Was it a laparoscopic gastropexy? Does anybody offer it?

Originally posted by Louis_dad View Post
      We had Louis' neuter and gastro done in Ottawa and we were happy with the outcome, the only issue was that Louis managed to pull some stitches and therefore his scar isn't quite as pretty as it could have been.

I'm not sure I am allowed to post the vet name, so I have PM'd you.
      Warren Briggs, DVM
      www.ocvh.com
      www.youtube.com/ocvhdocs

Comment

I'm super interested to see if anyone has anything to add since we're Ottawa bound on Tuesday and Riddle will need to be neutered and pexied within the next year.
        Zephyr CGN, RE, TT- crazy harlequin
        Divine Acres Riddle Me This- regal fawn

http://thegrownups.ca/ on life and (not) growing up.

Comment

It wasn't laparoscopic, I am not sure who offers it, but we went with a vet that my husband's family had used for 15 years, so a lot of trust in him...

Comment

My best friend from vet school (and best friend to this day) has a practice in Kingston, Ontario (Princess Animal Hospital) who does laparoscopic work. May be worth the drive at only 90 minutes away...Dr. Jeff Latimer
            Warren Briggs, DVM
            www.ocvh.com
            www.youtube.com/ocvhdocs

Comment

Realize this is an older thread, but just thought I'd throw out Kanata Animal Hospital and Liston animal hospital. No personal experience with either (I live in GTA), but BHRR (giant breed rescue) uses them and speaks very highly of the skilled/compassionate care.
              Jo, mama to 2 boys, and 1 demented danesigpic

The pleasure of a dog is that you may make a fool of yourself with him and not only will he not scold you, but he will make a fool of himself too. __ Samuel Butler

Comment

KAH is who I'm using right now. They do have a lot of giant breed experience, but rarely see intact dogs so I kind of felt out of place there with Riddle.
                Zephyr CGN, RE, TT- crazy harlequin
                Divine Acres Riddle Me This- regal fawn

http://thegrownups.ca/ on life and (not) growing up.

Comment

I know this is an older thread, but just in case someone might be looking for some info, I thought I might answer.

I'm in the Ottawa region ( I live in Gatineau). I went to a few vet on the Quebec side before I found THE vet I loved in Ottawa. Centretown vet. Hospital. I went there for years with Voltaire, all the way to the end, when I had to euthanize. And the vets are amazing. dr. Black does alternative therapy such as acupuncture. My baby passed away from bone cancer and the whole clinic was just great. I will be going back with my puppy when I get him.
                  And they have good prices too when I compared a few yrs back. Although I cant advise as per the pexie, as my dog was a little bit older when I started going.
                  Hope this help.

Comment

Working...
                  X