Kettering/Dayton Area Vets

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Kettering/Dayton Area Vets

Hello! I am looking for vets in the Kettering/Dayton Area that are familiar with Great Danes and all of their "Special Needs". I LOVE my vet now however I do not know the extent of her Dane knowledge. I have a 4 year old female Dane and didn't mind taking her to my current vet since, for the most part, it has been mostly routine care. I now have a 4 month old female Dane as well and the more I research (Spaying, gastropexy, nutrition, etc..) the more important I realize it is to have a "Dane savvy" vet. SO, any suggestions out there?! Thanks ahead of time for the help!!
    Love is being owned by a Great Dane.sigpic

There's a lot of dane folks in your area. I'm sure you already looked at the thread for vets in ohio? was there nobody close listed?
    What about contacting your local dane club and asking who is recommended.
    sigpicDanemommd
    Dante and Louis

Comment

I did look at the Ohio vet thread. none of the vets listed were close enough to my area. I emailed a lady at the greater Cincinnati great Dane club, the closest club to Dayton. I am just waiting to hear back from her.

Comment

I'll ask my mother where she takes her boxer. I can't recall the name but my mother absolutely adores her vet.

I lived in the Kettering/Oakwood area for several years. I couldn't get out of there fast enough! XD
        sigpic

Comment

After some more research I found a vet that works with Great Danes. Dr. Brauer at Dayton South vet clinic own and works with Danes. I have heard some good things about him so we'll see how it goes!

Comment

Bama-Did you visit with Dr. Brauer? If so, how was it?

We are in the market for a new vet and since we are considering gastropexy, we'd prefer to find one in the area with a lot of experience with Danes and the procedure. However, we are willing to travel to Cincy for the right fit. I'll do the research either way, but I'd love if anyone had recommendations.

One of my friends mentioned that she knows Dr. Lloyd at Woodman Animal Hospital, socially. Does anyone have any experience with her?
            sigpic
            Valerie
            Mom to 4 human children and...
            12 month old Dane, Cyrano
            1.5 year old Border Terrier Mix, Derby

Comment

I have seen Dr. Brauer a couple times. I really like him, he makes me feel comfortable enough to ask any questions I have and he really takes time to explain his answers to me. I know that he has had Danes for quite some time and has several Danes that he sees regularly. Hope this helps! Feel free to ask me any other questions you have, I'm glad to answer what I can.

Comment

Working...
              X