Suggested vets in Ohio

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Suggested vets in Ohio

From our personal experience with Great Danes, I strongly suggest Valley View Animal Hospital in Dover, Ohio. They have 24/7 on call emergecy service as well. Their number is 330-364-2552.

Another fabulous vet is Dr. Nathan Metz of Metz Petz near Lima. Sorry I don't have his contact info.
    Last edited by grinerdanes; 08-16-2009, 06:54 PM. Reason: I took out the ear cropping b/c they never come out right for a Dane :(

If you are in the North Dayton area, our dane sees Dr. Thorne at Dixie Vet Clinic on North Dixie. their website is http://www.dixievet.com and their number is 937-890-6341
    sigpic

Comment

Any good vets in the Cleveland area?

Comment

Any vets in the Cincinnati/West Chester area?
        ~Rye~
        Wife to Scott, mom to fur kid Charger and skin kids AJ and a new baby girl due in September

sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by Remorgan View Post

I go to Baker House Vets in Morrow.

Comment

I am about an hr from Lima

I knew David when he owned the clinic before he died. Can you tell me more about new owners? are they actually GOOD with danes? so far I have not been impressed with any in Findlay, Sycamore or Upper.
            sue

Comment

Originally posted by Gunner Kingston View Post
              I go to Baker House Vets in Morrow.

Thanks I will look into them!!
              ~Rye~
              Wife to Scott, mom to fur kid Charger and skin kids AJ and a new baby girl due in September

sigpic

Comment

If you are near the Akron / Canton area I would recommend Valley Animal Hospital. They have been great and I have been going to them for 20+ years.

Larry Sands
                Valley Animal Hospital
                1830 Merriman Road
                Akron, OH 44313-5286
                (330) 836-1971

Comment

Metz pets are they GOOD with danes?

I want a vet who knows danes special needs. Like I said befoore I LOVED David before he died.Clinic sat empty a spell I thought.
                  sue

Comment

Originally posted by Funnyman Rocco View Post
                    Any good vets in the Cleveland area?
                    I live on the west side of Cleveland, so I don't know much about anywhere else but mainly because I have many great vets over here.

I currently go to Center West Animal Hospital. They are on Center Ridge Rd in Westlake. I see Dr. Lori Hunt there, but Dr. Manubay is great also! 440-871-6211

I have also gone to Animal Clinic Northview in the past, they just got too expensive for everything. Dr. Hutchison is awesome! He knows a ton about danes. Great Dane Lady also highly recommends him. They are also located on Center Ridge Rd, but in North Ridgeville. 440-327-8282

Comment

Dr. Dan Meakin - Cinci-OH

Originally posted by Remorgan View Post

http://www.all-creatures.com/

Dr. Meakin & his staff work with Harlequin Haven Great Dane Rescue - so thay have a LOT of Dane experience.
                      sigpicNikol Marsh & Glory, Emma, Tycho & Bronte
                      Dantrydane's GloryB Gallantree
                      Am/Int CH Perlwin's MBN Original Emma V EIO, RN, TT, CGC, TDI
                      Int CH Blue Moon's For Game and Glory, CGC, TDI
                      Sasdania's Poetry In Motion, RN, CGC

Comment

Originally posted by my3bbdanes View Post
                        http://www.all-creatures.com/

Dr. Meakin & his staff work with Harlequin Haven Great Dane Rescue - so thay have a LOT of Dane experience.
                        I don't know how I missed this when I looked through this forum the last fifteen times, but thanks a bunch!!!!! Is there a specific office or does staff from all offices work with the rescue? I had questioning new vets on my to do list in the next two weeks (spring break from school) so I can find a new vet for Chia. I'm becoming increasingly uncomfortable with our current vet. She's not bad, I just don't think we are on the same page and I'd like to find a new one before we do her spay/pexy.

Comment

Canton area

Thompson Animal Hospital in Canton South has been wonderful. We had a preventative pexy done though at another clinic due to laparoscopic table availability - the Animal Care Clinic in North Canton.

Comment

Working...
                          X