X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• DaneFolly
    started a topic Good vet in Central MD

Good vet in Central MD

Looking for a good vet closer to the Fort Meade area (Baltimore/DC). Dane experience would be a plus so that we don't have to go through this again later for Leo, but right now our biggest concern is having Valor the pom/chi mix's teeth cleaned - despite my best efforts, at almost three years old I think a vet cleaning is in order for him. I will then redouble my efforts and try to maintain

• skreiger
    replied
    We had the same issue with the first vet we saw (who was highly reccommended). She didn't have anything to reccommend other than Science Diet. The funny thing was I mentioned we were putting on Innova because it's easy to find and fell within nutrition guidelines. She told us there was too much protein in it - i guess she didn't actually read the nutrition content on the SD because that had a bit more than the Innova. Well, we've since found a different vet (who sells SD as well) that agreed with feeding her the Innova. She's doing well on it and is a happy & healthy puppy. I took the reccommendation of Cumberland Valley Vet Clinic in Hagerstown since we're in Frederick and am very happy we're going there. It's amazing that certain vets act like they know a great deal but, in fact, are completely misinformed and don't want to hear any other opinions. Good luck finding a vet in your area - if you're willing to make the trip to Hagerstown, they seem to have quite a bit of knowledge on Giant breed dogs (the vet tech we saw has newfies and a few others have Danes).

Leave a comment:

• berwin
    replied
    ok.. a little disappointed..

I took my Dane puppy to Falls Road Animal Hospital, rated the best Vet in all of Baltimore and surrounding areas.. but guess what he recommended I feed my Dane?...Science Diet.. I was so disappointed. Another sell out. I have been taking my dogs to this vet clinic and never previously asked about food just because I have always done my own research and never asked their advice. Well he asked what I was feeding and said I should feed Science diet because they have an extensive research team.. yea to put corn as the main ingredient. Sorry, my dog is on a corn free diet. and I don't even think SD carries a protein/fat ratio low enough for my dog that is nutrionally sound.. any suggestions for a vet in the northern baltimore county area that actually does some research into what is best for a Great Dane and doesn’t recommend what he is given by a manufacturer??

Leave a comment:

• ckallay
    replied
    I know I'm chiming in late, but I really like Waugh Chapel Animal Hospital in Gambrills (Dr. Andersen) http://www.wcvets.com/. Dr. Andersen in an excellent vet, and I've been known to be extremely picky about vets.

Leave a comment:

• DaneFolly
    replied
    That's wonderful! We haven't scheduled our appointment yet, but I'll be contacting RG for sure!

Leave a comment:

• lmbcr22
    replied
    I know this is a late reply, but I also use Rocky Gorge. RG was recommended to me by several dane owners in the area. I see Sallie Morris and have been happy with her care.

Leave a comment:

• DaneFolly
    replied
    Originally posted by bdl1227 View Post
    I use Rocky George Animal Hospital it is about 15 min from your location We see Dr. Wolchinsky

http://rgah.lmdagency.net/
    Yay! Thank you!

Leave a comment:

• bdl1227
    replied
    I use Rocky George Animal Hospital it is about 15 min from your location We see Dr. Wolchinsky

http://rgah.lmdagency.net/

Leave a comment:

Working...
X